PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WDW trip! Day 4-Final thoughts

boo425
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Cast:
Me, my non-Disney husband, DD (25), DS (22), my Mom and Dad

Today was a leisurely day of shopping at the Disney outlets, the store in the Orlando Premium outlet Mall is definitely the better outlet store. Then, off to Planet Hollywood for lunch at downtown Disney. We were saving our last table service meal for tomorrow, and it was a good thing! No way could we have eaten app. , entree and dessert here! The favorite entree: LA Lasagna!
Now that we are fortified with yet another great meal, we head to the Disney Marketplace for some serious shopping! Got quite a lot of nice things in the WofD store, then headed over to the pet store to get my other "son" who was left at home a toy or two! In the $10 and under store we all got the cutest solar powered "boppers!" They had Stitch, Donald and Dumbo...adorable, and on sale too!
After our shopping trip, we head back to the hotel and decide to use our free round of golf that came with our package...(and a special thanks to Wendy at "Magical Journeys!" Terrific travel agent!) So, we all pile into the car and head over to Blizzard Beach for the Winter/Summerland course. The storm clouds were chasing us, and sure enough, at the 6th hole it came down as it can only do in FL! We got a raincheck though, and called it an early night. Back at the hotel, they now have activites scheduled at various times during the day, sort of like on a cruise ship. They had Bingo,dance contests, and on this night, a sort of Jeopardy show with Disney questions, The winning team got a Disney Monopoly game, and it was alot of fun to play along!
The next morning, since we hadn't eaten in at least 8 hours, it was time to use our final table service meal..at the Cape May breakfast buffet. Always have to come here...between the breakfast pizza, the Mickey waffles, the bread pudding and cheese blintzes, it was heavenly!:cloud9: We then headed off to play our round of golf, and apparantly alot of others had the same idea! We only had to wait about 15 mins to play, so it wasn't too bad! A great way to end a WDW trip!

Final thoughts"
Gotta love the FREE dining plan, although the amount of food is staggering! Perhaps instead of a dessert on the table service meals, they could offer 2 snacks a day...an app., entree and dessert if alot to eat at one time! Most days we used the snack for a breakfast (bagel or croissant). Also, they seem to have standarized the snacks: anything that came to $4 or under (including tax) could be used as a snack, so certain boxes of Entemenns in the gift shop we got as snacks for everyone to share.
Had a great mousekeeper this time: towel animals every day!:mickey:
Crowds were not too bad, we were originally scheduled for the week before, but we changed it as that was a pin trading week and we anticipated crowds from that alone! The up side was that there were quite a few left over limited edition pins for sale that the kids picked up.
Did not see any rewarding of a single dream, much less a million of them!
Great refurbishment on the Haunted Mansion, and updating on American Adventure and Living Seas, but other attractions sure could use some sprucing up: cars on Buzz were sorta disgracefully chipped, chairs ripped in Philharmagic, etc. And, of course, I like the old Figment bestest!
One final thought: I was so flabbergasted by the lack of crowds in the MK, this is the first time EVER that we did not ride the Peoplemover!!!:blush: Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back again!

faline
09-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry you didn't meet up with the Dream Team but you did have a wonderful trip!

ChipnDaleGal
09-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Shopping, Cape May, and a round of miniature golf sounds like a fun way way to end your trip. It is nice that your multigenerational family could have so much Disney fun together. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM
:jaw: What?!?! You didn't ride the Peoplemover! :faint:Still what a great way to end your trip!Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!