PDA

View Full Version : Chef de France or Grazing at F&W Marketplace Booths

Alpha Jeanie
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
My husband and I have a choice of going to eat at Chefs de France or having that time to graze at the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths. That will be our only time to sample any of the food from all the marketplaces. From your experience, what would you choose to do. I think that I am leaning towards canceling our Chefs de France ADR's and just eating at the Marketplaces for our dinner that night.

I appreciate any feedback.

Yea, only 8 more days until we are at Disney!!

angedeaile
09-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I personally would go with grazing.

If you are only spending one day in Epcot, especially one day during the Food and Wine Festival...I would graze!

Lynn J Mc
09-27-2007, 08:25 AM
F&W Festival - definitely. Chefs deFrance is over-rated. Be sure to try the cheese soup at France's cart.

McGoofy
09-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Look at it this way too...Chefs deFrance is there year round. F&W Festival is a limited event that is only there once a year. I would go with the Marketplace booths. That's how our family always eats dinner when we are there during the F&W Festival. It is fun walking around the World Showcase and trying the different varieties of food.

A comment before me mentioned the cheese soup at France. I'm pretty certain that they may have meant cheese soup at Canada. I could be wrong, but the only soups I remember are potato soup in Ireland and cheese soup in Canada. France did have a booth with food samples though. So maybe you can "have your cake and eat it too!":mickey::chef::wine:

MsMin
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
We elected to do the grazing. we plan to go there 3 of our 4 days in the parks, just to eat and shop. Of course this trip is b/c of the F&W and Intercot meet!

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2007, 11:52 AM
1) Grazing !
2) Just don't graze on the weekends.
3) There are so many locals and long lines.
4) Your grazing may keep you starved.

Natazu
09-28-2007, 02:12 AM
As someone who doesn't care for Chefs de France, the decision is easy for me but McGoofy is right, you can go to the regular restaurants any trip.