PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WDW trip! Day 3

boo425
09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Cast:
Me, my non-Disney husband, DD (25), DS (22), my Mom and Dad

Today we were up with Stitch and the HM music (sorta creepy first thing in the morning!) and at the AK a little after 9am, in our ponchos in the rain. First stop was Dinosaur which M&D opted out of, then we all waited while my DS rode it a second time. No wait for the ride, but we all had to take off our ponchos, shake them out and fold them up before we could enter the building...it was a little inconvenient b/c everyone was bunching up at the door. I can see why they would want to minimize the water on the floor inside, but they should have made an area to step aside so folks could "De-poncho" without clogging up the entrance.
Anyway, after Dinosaur, DD and I decide to ride EE. Everytime I am on that ride I think to myself that I must be out of my mind, but every time I get off, I think "I'll ride again!!" No takers this time though, so we head back to the Nemo show. What a waste of an hour and a half! The performers gave it their all, but the show was awful. Need I remind the folks at Disney that Nemo was NOT a musical? The songs were cliched and hackneyed, and the story was so chopped and condensed anyone who did not see the movie (aka M&D) had no idea what was happening. Did admire the puppetry, but it was a waste of alot of time, but at least the rain had stopped by the time we got out.
After the theater let out about 1000 people in the Dinosaur area, we walked to the other side of the park for lunch at the Pizzafari resturaunt. Great italian sandwich for me, pizza for the kids, and very good chicken parm sandwiches for the rest.
After another FULL meal, we decided to walk the Pangani trail to take a look at the meerkats. (Mom & I are fans of Meerkat Manor). Imagine our surprise as we came upon a group of about 5 meerkats fighting over the carcass of a rabbit that had wandered into their enclosure and was promptly on the Meerkat menu! It was a tad gruesome,:sick: but as the AK cast member said, It is the circle of life!
Anyway, there were plently of animals about, so we decided to ride the safari, and this was probably one of the best rides we have ever taken on this particular ride. There were animals all over the place, including a family of 4 giraffes that we had to stop for as they were meandering across the rode. Of course, there was also that ever present animal: "Ican'tlistentotherules-asaurus" who had to be told repeatedly to sit down on the truck. We had a good guide, whose name was also happened to be Mickey! They also took out the "Big Red/Little Red" storyline which was just as well since it was a bit contrived.
By now it was time to head over to MGM for the Mama Melrose/Fantasmic package we had booked...MM was just OK, nothing too great although once again we ate the full meal b/c it was FREE!
We had to wait quite a while for Fantasmic, and I keep thinking that they have to do something there for a pre-show...either show previews for upcoming movies, or maybe a trivia quiz...like they do at the movie theaters. I would even watch some Disney commercials to pass the time!! It was a great show as usaul with 2 minor exceptions: since it was very windy that night the water screens were blowing and you couldn't see the projections...we were also thankful we had our ponchos b/c even though we were seated about 1/2 up, we would have been soaked. And 2, there was a VERY enthusicastic woman behind us who literally screamed every time Mickey appeared:confused:...it was a bit annoying and scared the **** out of me more than once!!!
Anyway, our last day in the parks had come to an end and still no Dream Team in site! I did see folks wearing "PIck Me" t-shirts, for all the good that did them!
Next up...our day of shopping and thunder!

faline
09-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Seems like the new Nemo show had divided folks as evenly as the old Tarzan show. I was never a fan of the Tarzan show but greatly enjoyed the Nemo show! Guess that's why we all like Disney so much - they have something that will please each one of us!

ChipnDaleGal
09-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Part of what is so wonderful about WDW is there is so much variety. Something for everyone. As intensely as you disliked the new Nemo show, that is how much we love it. I'm sorry it didn't do it for you and your family. Thanks for sharing you rexperience with us. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for shairng.

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for sharing!

What is it with these folks going out of their way to get picked by the Dream Team?:mad: I'll bet that they get by passed because of it.

You guys had a great day despite the wet start.:thumbsup:

Onto Day 4! :teleport: