PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Season 4

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Anybody else super excited for the new season of Grey's Anatomy to get underway tomorrow?

I can't wait. :cloud9:

Goofster
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Not so much for DW and I. Last season got way too soapy and melodramatic for us. We'll give it a try for the first few episodes to see if it has gotten better. Otherwise, it will be on our miss-list.

MsMin
09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
We are ready for it. We have been watching season 3 on DVD but won't be finished by tomorrow night.
Looks pretty exciting.

Disney1
09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Can't Wait!!!!!

09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
One more Grey's fan here!! Can't wait!!

May524
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
ME ME ME!!!! I can't WAIT! :)

Stich8818
09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Well DW is constantly telling me that it is on tomorow night. She woke me up this morning with this one. "Hey did you know that Grey's is on tomorow night?"....Yes I know honey it's going to be on...I lose her for an hour each week.

TheDuckRocks
09-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Me too, me too!!!
I'm really going to miss Burke.:( To bad his personal life got in the way of the wonderful character he had developed.

Rosanne
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I SERIOUSLY cannot wait!

I wonder what's going to happen to poor George!

tinkerbelle75
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
*********raises hand***********
I will miss Burke too.Christina will probably be funnier now like before they got together.
Ahhhh, another season of McDreamy. Life is good.

martinfamily5
09-27-2007, 03:01 PM
My DD17 and her group of about 8 friends and their moms all get together every Thursday and watch it together. They (we) call themselves GAG (Garys Anatomy Girls). They are all so excited that it starts tonight.

Disneyatic
09-28-2007, 03:32 PM
DD and I love Grey's too1
I have to admit that I will miss Burke's character. I don't agree with what he did/said and I understand the booting, but I think it will leave a whole in the show dynamics for awhile.

What did everyone think of the first episode?

DisneyGiant
09-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Thought it was an interesting first episode.

Loved how the residents were treating their interns like Bailey did.

Looking forward to the Meredith\Lexi dynamic.

And all I can say is - Mer and Der need to be there for each other - or I quit!! ;)

tinkerbelle75
09-29-2007, 06:11 AM
I thought the show was kind of "bleh" until about the last 15 minutes. Glad they had a big finish! Can't wait to see what happens to Callie and George.

Disneyexpert15
10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Can't wait for the next new episode!!!! Burke's mom is going to visit Seattle Grace.

NotaGeek
10-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Ok, so I finally caught up on the episodes ... WOW!

Go Callie. I absolutely LOVE that she put Izzy in her place. It's what has bothered me all along, she is just selfish.

ChipnDaleGal
10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok, so I finally caught up on the episodes ... WOW!

Go Callie. I absolutely LOVE that she put Izzy in her place. It's what has bothered me all along, she is just selfish.

I just caught up last night too, Michael, and I agree with you. I loved seeing Callie give Izzy the speech she needed to hear. I used to love Izzy when she was trying to save Denny, but since he died she is not an enjoyable character for me. I love Callie and I hope her character isn't going to be seen as "in the wrong" with the whole George thing. I think he has been rotten with all of this too. So far this season is not drawing me in like it has in all the previous ones. Everyone is so whiney and snarky.

NotaGeek
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
So far this season is not drawing me in like it has in all the previous ones. Everyone is so whiney and snarky.

Snarky? Now THAT'S the word of the day! :funny:

MNNHFLTX
10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I agree with both of you, Donna and Michael. Izzy was already getting on my nerves last season, but now George is wearing on me too. I just want to smack them and tell them to act their age!

I've become a fan of Callie too, although I'm starting to think she might be too good for George.

Disneyexpert15
10-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I can't wait for the next episode!!! It's a Halloween episode. Ava is going to come back in this episode!!!

NotaGeek
10-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Ok, first of all, in college I worked at funeral home for 2 years. There is NO way that cremated human remains would go down a drain.

I really think it's NOT a good thing that George and Cally are getting divorced. I mean, we all new it was a stupid thing they got married in the first place ... but man. Sad.

I love Ava. But another cheating spouse? WEIRD.

offwego
10-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Is anyone else trying to figure out why Derek has to date? It just seems weird to say "I want to marry you" and then "I need to start dating".

These people have the attention span of fleas! (which is I guess why we watch) I never did figure out what purpose chain saw dude served though.

BriarRose0708
10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Ok, first of all, in college I worked at funeral home for 2 years. There is NO way that cremated human remains would go down a drain.

I really think it's NOT a good thing that George and Cally are getting divorced. I mean, we all new it was a stupid thing they got married in the first place ... but man. Sad.

I love Ava. But another cheating spouse? WEIRD.

I agree with you, Michael!

What I don't understand is how Izzy could be so devastated over Denny and then turn around in a matter of months and suddenly be in love with George. It makes no sense to me. It took two and a half seasons for the show to span one year, so I have a hard time believing that Izzy started last season on the bathroom floor, a few weeks later freak out over Alex kissing her in the stairway, and then three episodes after that have feelings fro George.

conorsmom2000
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Is anyone else trying to figure out why Derek has to date? It just seems weird to say "I want to marry you" and then "I need to start dating".

I didn't quite get that either! :confused:

But, I have to admit that I did love the scene where Derek paid the little boy to call Mark "Daddy"! The look on his face was priceless.

MNNHFLTX
10-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I have mixed feelings about last night's episode. On one hand, there were some gems, like the moment when Christine realized that Dr. Hahn was going to be the new chief of surgery. And the kid trick-or-treating for ears was quirky and cute. On the other hand, I still just can't relate to Izzy/George and Meredith/Derek relationships. And while I'm glad they had Ava come back, but it felt strange that they pitched her and Alex right into an amorous tussle. Then she just disappears again.

And does anyone miss having Addison on the show?

NotaGeek
10-26-2007, 02:38 PM
And does anyone miss having Addison on the show?
I totally miss Addison! BUT, I do love Private Practice. It has that chemistry that Grey's used to have before their real life Burke drama occurred. I really do feel that part of the strangeness of this season and the end of last season was caused by the drama off camera between the actors, and this year the show just feels like they are out of synch.

Disneyatic
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
What does everyone think about last night's episode?
I am over the George/Izzie thing already. It just doesn't seem realistic to me for them to be so flippant with the break-up of George's marriage.
I did love the heart surgery guys bird description of some of the other doctors, that was cool.
Lexi getting together with Alex, come on, that guy gets around!!!

offwego
11-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Alex and Lexi the week after Alex & Ava? and the whole trailer thing? I didn't even watch half of it.

MNNHFLTX
11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Last night's show left me scratching my head....

The whole wedding dress thing was interesting. I could actually see that happening in real life--there are people out there who would go to any length to win a contest.

But the Alex and Lexi thing was predictable (they do get some points for the couple with the cutest names though). And Izzie's meltdown at the end was perplexing to me. She's a surgical resident--doesn't she always spend hours on her feet with little rest? Although I have to admit that her reaction to George asking her if she only shaved one leg was kind of cute.

Carol
11-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I do love Private Practice.Me too, Michael. I find myself watching that first among the shows I have on TiVo. It seems so much more adult than Grey's. I still like Grey's Anatomy - but it is getting way too predicable and repetitive. :bored:

tinkerbell04
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Me too, Michael. I find myself watching that first among the shows I have on TiVo. It seems so much more adult than Grey's. I still like Grey's Anatomy - but it is getting way too predicable and repetitive.

I am glad that I am not the only one. I wasn't surprised with Alex and Lexi, he has always gotten around. I also won't be surprised if Ava keeps popping up now and then. I don't know how I feel yet about George and Izzy. I kind of think that George is not as into the whole thing as Izzy is, he just seems so uncomfortable with the whole situation.

offwego
11-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I thought this was a better then normal one. (if a little heavy on the ketchup factor). Anyone else watch it?

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
If you're talking about the one where two ambulances crash, I just got thru watching it online. I just love the ABC player.

Beyond the usual Grey's antics, that episode was one of the better ones. The drama of the two paramedics reminded me of that movie about the 9-11 tower survivors a couple of years back where both are trying to keep the other awake.

Not sure how many more episodes there will be before they run out due to the Writer's Strike. As a matter of fact, I guess I am guilty as one who now watches ABC shows online instead of over the airwaves. Those writers are losing money on me !

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I SERIOUSLY cannot wait!

Seriously ? ;)

offwego
11-23-2007, 02:31 PM
If you're talking about the one where two ambulances crash, I just got thru watching it online. I just love the ABC player.! Yes I am talking about that one..I can't watch on-line so I have to resort to good old tv watching (ABC and others aren't allowed to send it to Canada)

Seriously ? ;)
I'm either having a not enough coffee day or two much...as I can't even find this post in the thread. Is it a clue to finding the Mcsomethings?

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes I am talking about that one..I can't watch on-line so I have to resort to good old tv watching (ABC and others aren't allowed to send it to Canada)

Oh, I see. That's probably same for other overseas. Thanks for the info.

I'm either having a not enough coffee day or two much...as I can't even find this post in the thread. Is it a clue to finding the Mcsomethings?

I couldn't resist. Actually I am attempting to help a clue in the games area but maybe I'm being too clever.

The actual post from 9/27 is still there. Set your view options to include more threads and I think you'll see the older posts.

:surf:How 'bout a Starbucks latte?

offwego
11-23-2007, 03:22 PM
:surf:How 'bout a Starbucks latte?

I found it thanks! Without a latte even but that does sound good.

EPCOT84
11-24-2007, 08:15 PM
I can't wait for the next episode!!! It's a Halloween episode. Ava is going to come back in this episode!!!

Then you must have loved the Thanksgiving Thursday's episode....
She and Lexi sit side by side watching Alex on a surgery . Goofy, soapy and corny but pure Grey's !

BelleKP
05-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Okay let me start off by saying I'm emotionally exhausted!! :faint:
What a terrific episode :cloud9:
I'm worried though . . . most finale's end with a cliffhanger . . . so what's going to happen to Derek? He left to go 'talk to Rose' . . . leaving Meredith there . . . . alone . . . something's gotta happen.
Any thoughts?

MNNHFLTX
05-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm worried though . . . most finale's end with a cliffhanger . . . so what's going to happen to Derek? He left to go 'talk to Rose' . . . leaving Meredith there . . . . alone . . . something's gotta happen.
Any thoughts?That was my husband's first thought--that something happens to him. A car accident or something.

It was a good episode tonight. You know, I really like Lexi, and I hope that she and George have a nice relationship next season.

princessjojo
05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm a little worried about Alex. He just became so weak and allowed Ava to so easily consume him. Like he lost all control of himself and allowed her to pull him into her world. He never really fought back after their initial confrontation.

And Mark "McSteamy", well enough said as to what he was probably thinking, from either end, the excitement or idea of being ditched for the other.

For whatever reason, I think McDreamy won't be there too much longer and I hate it. Kinda like when George Clooney left ER, it just wasn't the same for me afterwards. But I think if that did happen, it would open the door for Meredith and Mark, since they're both "reforming" themselves. They would maybe come together to help each other out through the tough time, take possession of the land and build their own dream home.

Disneyatic
05-23-2008, 10:08 AM
That was my husband's first thought--that something happens to him. A car accident or something.

It was a good episode tonight. You know, I really like Lexi, and I hope that she and George have a nice relationship next season.

Oh no! I would hate to see something happen to Derek, especially since it looked like they finally found their chance for happiness. But when he left and Meredith looked so sad and unsure my first thought was "oh no, something bad is going to happen."

I kept expecting a George & Lexi thing to develop, but for once they are taking their time with it!

What about the Callie & Hahn thing? I am not sure how I feel about that story line.

NotaGeek
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought it was a really good episode, and I like that their were no cliff hangers.

I didn't take it that something was going to happen to Derek. I think that they look Meredith gave was "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE" ... I took it as her realizing that "this is it" ... I haven't read anything about Derek leaving the show.

I am intrigued to see what develops with the Callie story line. VERY interesting.

elmjimmlm
05-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I hope that Christina will have something good happen in her life...She seems too sad to me now...:( Has anyone read that Katherine Heigl is leaving the show?

Flower
05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
What if Derek goes to tell Rose about Meredith and Rose tells Derek she is pregnant? They did sleep together a few episodes ago because Derek told Mark that the whole time he was thinking about Meredith - just a different twist.

The whole ending was just too 'happy', something BIG has got to happy for the season premier!

Disneyexpert15
06-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I can't wait for season 5 to air to find out what happens next on Grey's!!!