PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WDW trip! Day 2

boo425
09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Cast:
Me, my non-Disney husband, DD (25), DS (22), my Mom and Dad
Okay, so today after a 7:30am wakeup call from Stitch, we head down to the food court at ASMu for a bagel (counts as a snack), and to refill our mugs with coffee.
We're off to the MK bus by 8:45, and arrive at the Mk just after the opening celebration. The front courtyard is decorated very nicely for Halloween, with the Mickey face filled in with different colored gourds instead of flowers!
First on our list today is the HM...great re-furbishing job...and really nice audio effects. The mansion really needed a sprucing up and the Imagineers came thru nicely on this one!
Now, off to Fantasyland to WALK ON Peter Pan ride (!!) and see Philharmagic, both big favs! We head over to Tomorrowland to find a 10 minute wait on Space Mountain at 11am!! Woohoo...this is great! Did the new Monster Comedy club...this was OK but TTwC is a better show, then WALKED ON Buzz Lightyear!! Now we decide to head back over thru Fantasyland b/c we had reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. On our way over we FP Winnie the Pooh, and hop on Small World...another family fav!
Lunch at Liberty Tree was a big hit with everyone....from the fried cheese apt. to Huge cheeseburgers, to grilled poundcake for dessert....just roll me over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so I can :ack: !!! This was one of our favorite meals of the trip!
After we ate ourselves silly we used our WtP FP, then walked onto PoTC, after which my DS rode the Magic Carpets only b/c there was no wait! By then we decided we were digested enough to tackle BTMR. Always a fun ride although Mom and Dad sat this one out!
DS decided to run over and do HM again while us older folk hopped onto the rr to ride over to Mickey's toontown. It was here that we found most of the people in the park! I guess meeting the Big Cheese himself is a big draw!!
We then just mosied down Main Street, did some shopping and picture taking and decided to call it a day about 6pm. I am still recovering from knee surgery and had had enough walking!! Still no sightings of any YoMD personnel although a few people had the FP, and I thought I spotted a few YoMD Mickey ears.
Maybe tomorrow at AK or MGM...

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow! You may not be seeing the Dream Team, but you are sure getting a sprinkling of pixie dust with so many 'walk on' rides! That's great! For ending the day early you really got a bunch accomplished!

faline
09-26-2007, 08:50 PM
A knee can sure get tired pretty quickly after surgery! Despite that, you covered lots of Magic Kingdom ground!

ChipnDaleGal
09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Gotta love those nice, short lines!! :thumbsup: I am glad that you enjoyed your lunch at Liberty Tree. They do have great food there. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
What a wonderful day! We will be there in 9 days:cloud9:, I hope that we encounter as many walk on rides as you have!

Thanks for posting! Off to Day 3! :teleport: