PDA

View Full Version : Any recent lovebug reports?

diannamouse
09-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Hello! I am new to Intercot and this is my first post! My husband, 4 year old son, and I are leaving on Saturday for a 10 day stay at POR. We were there last year at the end of September, and the lovebugs were quite numerous. I am terribly bug phobic, and was wondering if anyone knew what the current lovebug condition is???

sashiroo
09-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I was there last week and saw random lovebugs throughout the park. We did however see a ton of them at the airport when we were leaving to come home. I hope you don't encounter too many of them.

Fangorn
09-26-2007, 03:56 PM
We've been here since 9/21 and have seen very few lovebugs. Certainly nothing like last year at this same time. Last year they were everywhere. This year I've barely noticed them. In fact, I had to actually point a pair out to DW on Sunday - she had yet to even see any.

Steve

WinnieThePooh
09-26-2007, 04:05 PM
We left POFQ yesterday and the last couple days we were chasing them away at the pool area. We were at the pool all day Sunday and Monday and people were getting annoyed at them! I didn't noticed them so much other places in the evenings. Maybe the water attracts them.

laprana
09-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I can't post about the lovebugs right now, but...:welcome: to Intercot! :wave:

jkj1224
09-26-2007, 11:20 PM
they're around but definately nothing like last year so far...so far the worst areas as far as encounters are near water or over really warm areas, I tend to find lots around my car in the parking lot...

diannamouse
09-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks for all of the responses! I am feeling encouraged that we will not encounter the number of swarms that we did last year!:mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
We spent all last week at WDW and have yet to really know what a 'lovebug' is. I didn't notice a problem with bugs of any sort. This is especially in contrast to the gas/rest stops we made in south Georgia and Florida where we were swarmed by gnats every time.

bibbidiboo3
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
We encountered a few at Animal Kingdom, mainly on the way out near the bus stops especially. And like posted above, tons at the airport.