PDA

View Full Version : No Christmas CBJ Overlay?

MPoppins
09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Well... over at another website (I strayed for just a little while :blush:) it is being said that CBJ will not be receiving the Christmas overlay again this season. :confused: I don't understand management's thinking with this - didn't folks complain last year? I, personally, was looking forward to seeing the show this year.

Can anyone speak to this rumor?

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
1) I have heard it both ways.
2) Yes, they have it this year, and no, they don't.
3) Last year I heard it wasn't in the budget.
4) Although someone said they couldn't get the music licenses.
5) I personally hope the Christmas version appears this year!

NOTE: I don't buy the licensing story, but you never know. I heard from someone well placed that it was a budget issue, so I will stick with that version.

me...
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I know last year it wasn't in the cards because Splash was getting a refurb and we didn't have the man power to turn it over after the Christmas season since all of our guys would be dealing with Splash. It might be the same again this year since I think we are going down again in January for a few weeks. -Christie

CaptSmee
10-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Another website says to contact WDW management and I did...and actually just received an interesting reply...here's my e-mail and response:

Dear Mr. Hilliker,
> Thank you for writing to the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort.

Our Guests' comments are very important to us and we appreciate the time you took to contact us. So we may provide you with our best service, we request that you reply to this message with your telephone number. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Executive Offices
Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort
>
> Original Message Follows:
> -------------------------
>
> I have heard rumors that for the second year in a row that the Country Bear Jamboree are not going to be celebrating the holidays like they have in the past. This is disappointing for us that enjoy it as part of a special holiday vacation to WDW. Disneyland Resort gets 2 holiday themed attractions: Haunted Mansion & It's a Small World, while the busiest Disney park gets none. Very disappointing. My family is planning on attending 2 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties and we were going to save the Country Bear Christmas for those occasions to enjoy as part of the merriment. Sadly, it sounds like we will have to watch recordings on youtube instead and reminisce this great attraction.
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> The Hilliker Family

Boomerbilia
10-20-2007, 04:06 PM
1) I have heard it both ways.
2) Yes, they have it this year, and no, they don't.
3) Last year I heard it wasn't in the budget.
4) Although someone said they couldn't get the music licenses.
5) I personally hope the Christmas version appears this year!

NOTE: I don't buy the licensing story, but you never know. I heard from someone well placed that it was a budget issue, so I will stick with that version.

I am totally on your side and letters should be written. HOWEVER, if you have been following postings over the past year, you would have found out that you are off base with the reasons.

The problem is licensing of the songs for the show with some owners DEMANDING significant increases from Disney.

Disney has been negotiating in good faith, but has also been working on a revised show with music that they own so that guests won't be held at ransom by third party thieves in the future.

Don't think this one is Disney. It's not. Take my word, I know.

CaptainSad
10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
I hate to be a bearer of bad news. I received and answer to my inquiry about CBJ. They stated that CBJ will not get the Christmas overlay again this year. They did not specify why, but said it definitely will not happen.
:mad::mad::mad:

Tekneek
10-26-2007, 08:00 AM
If it is indeed a music licensing problem, I wish they would just tell everybody why and identify the problem rights holders. At least we could direct our angst at the appropriate parties, whether it would accomplish anything or not.

Fozzy Beer
11-19-2007, 04:55 AM
According to this link http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp
posted on the Theme Park board in the All Holiday Decorations thread, there is a CBJ overlay. Still waiting for confirmation for the validity of this statement.....

:beer:

Goofy Pluto
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Hmm! I hope this is true! Anyone down there recently see this?

PirateLover
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Well, I wrote a letter to WDW and they actually called me back. They were acknowledging my disappointment in the fact that the overlay will have been gone for 2 seasons now and they do pass our concerns along etc etc. Very nice conversation but she made no indication to me that I was wrong so I'm going to assume the reports are right and there's no overlay. The intercot link is just talking about things that have been available in past years to give you a general idea. Take for example Osbourne Lights.. they don't hand out glasses anymore, but they used to and could start it up again at some point.

Figment!
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
The intercot link is just talking about things that have been available in past years to give you a general idea. Take for example Osbourne Lights.. they don't hand out glasses anymore, but they used to and could start it up again at some point.Yep, that section lists what has historically been offered during the Holiday Season. The link does not go to the Theme Parks forum, rather the INTERCOT Theme Park Guide. The Guide is a semi-static section of the and not the dynamic Discussion Boards.

As it has appeared to cause some confusion, the Staff will consider ways of making the presentation of information more clear.

Thanks

JPL
11-19-2007, 02:11 PM
The reason it wasn't changed is it was believed that show was coming back this year and that it's cancellation last year was a one shot budget decision according to multiple sources from within the park.

TheRustyScupper
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
The reason it wasn't changed is it was believed that show was coming back this year and that it's cancellation last year was a one shot budget decision according to multiple sources from within the park.

That is pretty much what I heard, also.