DA: late 40’s

Arriving Today:
DP: Papa – early 50’s
DG: Grandma – late 40’s
DSis #2: 15
DU #2: Uncle Mark (late 40’s)
DA #2: Aunt Sue (late 40’s)
DC: 11

I’m finally feeling better today so I’m really looking forward to the Little Ones EMH in the Magic Kingdom today. Unfortunately when we get up it’s pouring rain outside!! We don’t want to cancel our breakfast reservation, so we bundle up and head out. Once we arrive at the Poly, all the familiar smells and sounds come rushing back. I love the Poly!! We have a reservation for us, DU & DA, DSis & DBIL but DSis & DBIL decide to sleep in and take it easy today because they feel like they’re getting sick now. Kona was delicious!! DH and I shared the macadamia and pineapple pancakes and they were wonderful! After breakfast we head over to MK for the Little Ones EMH and get to do a few rides even though we don’t arrive until after 8:30am. Its pouring rain, so I’m surprised that today’s EMH is still crowded. Characters are pretty scarce but there were a few playing a game in one of the shops since it was raining so hard. I was disappointed that we missed most of the character interaction because of the weather. I figure we can take DD back to the Little Ones EMH one more time before we leave for home. Once the rest of the park opens we visit the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor and really enjoy it. It’s the first time we’ve seen this show and we find it very funny and entertaining.  We then hit the TTA and the Carousel of Progress – both classic favorites! DD falls asleep for a short nap so DA and I have our photo taken with Captain Jack Sparrow! Once DD wakes up, we take a quick ride on Pirates (love the changes!), then head back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of our huge group that is arriving today. Although I would love to go into Epcot with the new members of our group, DD and I are so tired from getting up early this morning that we fall asleep when we get back into the room. We decide to take a nap and then meet up with the rest of our group for our 7:20pm reservation at Rose & Crown. Now, of course I know that everyone most likely requests a table by the water…so I wasn’t really surprised when we didn’t even end up near the water. We were all somewhat disappointed because I made the reservations 180 days in advance and we checked in an hour early so that the CM’s could work some Disney magic for us. However, not only were we not sitting by the water, we weren’t even sitting together!! They had put 8 of us at one table and 4 at the other. I didn’t say anything to the waitress, but I was annoyed that 180 days advance notice couldn’t even guarantee our party would sit together. Little did I know that this wouldn’t be the first time this trip…And to make matters worse, the weather was awful! It was ridiculously windy and very chilly after the 90 degree days we had been having. At least I can say the food was good! After a very nice and filling dinner we watched Illuminations from the viewing area at the Rose & Crown. It was a hit! Everyone loved it. We finally went back to the hotel to sleep. Coming up...Days 6-10!

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Another fun day for your group! Your poor Dsis and Bil.. how terrible that they are getting sick...hope they recover quickly!

gauvin4
09-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds like another great day. I look forward to reading more. :thumbsup:

irish1967
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
It sounds like things are looking up for your immediate family - health-wise anyway!

It is interesting about the separate tables at the restaurant. I went back and looked at my old spreadsheets and I have a several notes that our large party (12) would be split into two tables - it sounds like the CM making your ADRs didn't communicate that to you - some restaurants simply don't have tables big enough for large groups!

I am looking forward to the rest of your trip reports!

Bethis26fan
09-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
09-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry you were disappointed with the seating arrangements at dinner. Still, it sounds like a fun day!

ChipnDaleGal
09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
I am sorry that other members of your party are coming down with that cold now, but how nice that you finally had your first full day of feeling good. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: