09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Trip Report: Day 2 – Sunday 9/16/07 - MGM

WDW Guests:
Me: 26
DH: 32
DD: 10 mos
DSis: 22
DBIL: 26

I’m up at 5:30am because I can no longer breathe through my nose and DH ends up going out to try and find me some stronger medicine and decaf tea. The Marketplace doesn’t open until 6:30 so DH decides to shower and get ready before going back out. I manage to get a little more sleep and get up at 7:30am. An hour later everyone else wakes up and starts getting ready. We head out around 10:00am and grab a couple of quick breakfast items on our way to MGM. I wish I had realized what time it was because we have an 11:15am reservation at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater and now no one is hungry. We have just enough time to rush and get our tickets to Playhouse Disney Live on Tour before going to Sci-Fi. At this point DD is getting cranky because she’s been up since 8:30 and usually takes her nap at 11. Sci-Fi was ok…I just ended up getting some onion rings because I wasn’t hungry at all after eating breakfast so late. After lunch we walk over to Muppet 3D Vision but DD is so tired that DH and I decide to just walk around in the air conditioned shops and see if she’ll go to sleep. DSis and DBIL go into Muppets and say they’ll see us later. We walk all over MGM and through the shops, but DD still won’t go to sleep. She’ll force herself to stay awake until she’s completely exhausted because she doesn’t want to miss anything. We end up seeing the Playhouse Disney show and then head out to try and put DD to sleep. She finally falls asleep on the boat ride back to BCV but wakes up as soon as we get back to the room. DH has to return the rental car and check into our own room, so I take DD and try to put her back down for a real nap. An hour and a half later when DH returns, DD is still awake and bouncing off the walls. Thankfully, DH takes over for awhile so I can get some rest. I really need to get this cold behind me and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. At least DD is acting like she feels better, so I’m very happy about that. We hook up with DBIL and DSis later on in Epcot, using one of our CS credits at La Cantina De San Angel. After dinner we go into the Mexican pavilion and take DD on her first ride – the revamped Rio Del Tiempo. I actually really like the changes even though I wasn’t sure I would at first. DD loved it!! I can’t wait to take her to Fantasyland now! After Mexico, DBIL and DSis go their separate way again and we walk around the WS scoping out a good spot for Illuminations. Around 8:30pm we find the perfect spot near France and try to keep DD entertained for the next half hour. I can tell she’s completely exhausted – especially after skipping her afternoon nap. I thought she would be afraid of the fireworks, but she seemed to enjoy them.  After Illuminations we head back to our room and settle in. I’m still feeling really sick so I take some Robitussen PM. I really hope I feel better tomorrow!! Next up…Animal Kingdom!

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, at least you were well enough to get out of the room. Glad your dd is feeling better at least... sure hope things keep improving for you!

faline
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
It is absolutely no fun to be sick on vacation! Sorry you're feeling so miserable!

At least you got to do some stuff in the parks.

gauvin4
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
I was hoping this report was going to bring news of you feeling much better today!! I sure hope you get rid of that cold quickly. I'm glad to hear your DD is feeling better. :mickey:

I look forward to reading more.

Bethis26fan
09-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry your not feeling well.

ChipnDaleGal
09-27-2007, 08:59 AM
I just hate it when I read about someone feeling that awful while on vacation. Bad enough to be sick, but then to be robbed of much dreamed about Disney Time too is just awful. I hope you follow your daughter's lead and start feeling better soon. :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, even though it is off to a really rough start. I'm off to read more.