PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Boma 9/22/07

MMouse6937
09-26-2007, 11:10 AM
This was our first experience at this restaurant and I somewhat decided on it partly because of great reviews here and partly because I knew my mother would like the variety presented here.

We arrived the AKL around 5:25-5:30 for our 6:00 pm ADR. I had planned on wandering around the resort for a little bit but checked in anyways just in case they had a earlier table. We were given a pager and took in the ambience of the resort.

At 5:45 pm the pager went off and we headed to the podium. No one immediately acknowledged us and when they did the pager had stopped blinking. They asked what our name was and there was a lot of confusion where they weren't sure why the pager had gone off. They then asked me if I was sure it was blinking, um, yeah, that's why I came to the podium. Then they tried to make me feel foolish by stating our ADR wasn't until 6:00 and it was only 5:45 to which I replied that I knew that, but they were the one that made the pager go off. Anyways, our whole party had to go sit back down and wait another 20 minutes for our table. My DH finally went up to ask if they still had us on the list and low and behold our table was ready at that very moment!

Anyhoo, once we sat down our server came over promptly. Her name I think was Anne and she was from Iowa. How strange to be a server at Boma but she was great. We ordered two cokes, a coffee, and an ice tea to drink. Refills were prompt.

We headed to the buffet line. We sampled the prime rib which was so tender you could have cut it with a fork. My dad and DH had some ribs with spicy sauce on it that they said was were wonderful. I had some pototoes, green beans, and some coconut seafood stew all which were great. I tried this sweet meat with somewhat of a cornbread top on it that was wonderful, and the little sweet cornbread squares were moist and delicious. Mom tried some more exotic things like couscous and the carrot ginger soup, all which she enjoyed. My DH tried the mac and cheese and got this horrible look on his face. He said it tasted horrible. Well I tried it and it wasn't horrible, just not that cheesey. The cheese was more mild then a cheddar/american cheese and he didn't like it, I didn't think it was that bad, just not what I chose to fill my belly with! :D

Then we get to dessert. If I would have known it was going to be this good, I would have not eaten so much dinner! They had probably 20 different selections to try and almost none of them were a disappointment. The flourless chocolate cake was great, chocolate mousse, and YES the zebra domes were out of this world! I ate at least 4 and could have brought a dozen more home to enjoy later. I didn't like the mango tart, but that was about it. This was definately the highlight of our meal and I would go back just for dessert again.

Overall, except for the confusion in the beginning this was a wonderful experience. The food was good and the desserts were to die for. I would think we would consider this meal again in the future.

Nicki'sMom
09-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Glad you liked the food. Sounds like it was tasty!

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Now I'm feeling a bit hungry! :D Sounds like a wonderfully tasty experience! Boma is at the top of my list to try next time I'm in the World.

dmallan
09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
When we were there, our waitress suggested we start with dessert first! Unfortunately, we did not follow her advice, and were pretty full when it came time for dessert. Should have listened!

dolphinmickey9170
09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the great review, we will be trying Boma for the first time in December!!

Jared
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Dinner at Boma is incredible. I'm glad your family agrees.

mudpuppysmom
09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I enjoyed Boma when we were there......the sweet meat with the cornbread topping sounds like Bobotie, which I could just eat plate after plate of!! They also have it at the F&W Festival, but it is a little different.

threeh
09-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Sounds yum!!! I can not wait to try Boma in Februaury. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I was so glad to read your review. My family will be trying Boma for the first time in December. I'll make sure I leave room for dessert! :thumbsup:

brewcrew26
09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the review! We'll be trying Boma in April for the first time while we stay at AKL.

Mom2princesses
09-27-2007, 10:31 PM
I feel hungry too now! It all sounds so yummy I definitely will be trying Boma's for our next trip. Thanks for the great review.