PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a fully reclineable stroller, please.

DISNEYFIX
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Tried doing a search didn't work for me???:blush:
DD-2 has to lay down flat in order to sleep, Iv'e been told (by her)! :cool:It might be impossible to avoid breaking the bank, to find one of these.
Requirements are: Full Recline, Lightweight, Basket on bottom, almost full pullover shade.
Opinions please.:thumbsup:
Thanks
Chris

mttafire
09-26-2007, 10:59 AM
My wife buys from One Step Ahead. Try them out, They are online. The prices seem to be very competitive.

KatGat
09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm looking for the same. I borrowed a friend's Graco ultralight and it was wonderful. Many of the lightweight strollers don't have much of a canopy, but you can get an extended canopy that fits most strollers at Babies R Us. We're also specifically looking for the reclining feature. Good luck!

Beckybalz
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Check out the Combi strollers. I have two - travel savvy and ultra savvy, but I believe the model names have changed over the years. They can be pricey, but if you find one you like shop around for it online to find the best price. I got my ultra savvy one for half price because they were coming out with a newer version.

AZ Disney
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
We have the Peg Perego Plicko 3 Classico. It is costly, but it meets all your requirements. We bought it because it was the only stroller at the time that folded vertically instead of flat.

Good Luck!

BigRedDad
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I have been looking at the same things. My DD will be 2 when we go. The Graco Tracel System will be a no go at 26lbs and bulky. I took a look at several strollers at Babies R Us, looked at reviews, and checked out Consumer Reports. All of the "lightweight" strollers weigh about the same. The difference is features, comfort, and feel. Taking those into account, I could not find a stroller under $200. The flat out winner, by brand, is MacLaren. The 2007 strollers can handle up to 55lbs. This is an additional 10-15 lbs over the other strollers (read this as more use over time). They are extremely durable and have all the features you could ask for from a bulky stroller. Peg Peregos were nice as well, just not as good as MacLaren.

My recommendation is to visit your local baby store and look at the strollers yourself. Then read as many reviews as possible. Once I sell my Graco, I am buying the MacLaren.

CaraMiaO3
09-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Maclaren umbrella stroller or Inglesina Umbrella Stroller. The Inglesina is very similar to Maclaren but a less expensive.

We had picked up an Inglesina stroller at a end-of-the-year clearance sale. The next year's models were coming out so this particular one was on sale. I think we paid just under $100. It was a light weight umbrella stroller, with a sun shade, underneath storage basket, and reclined in 4 or 5 different positions. One being flat. The stroller folded up easily, and was light weight. Made it easy to get on and off the bus or monorail. We used the stroller I think about 2.5 yrs...at least 5 trips to WDW . We used it until ds was almost 5 yrs old. And the only reason we stopped was because he was as wide as the stroller seat..lol Once ds turned 4 yrs old we only used the stroller for theme park trips.

gtpooh
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
We got a stroller from Inglesina that has a 4 position recline and is very lightweight. You need to get a shade to put over the shade that comes with it, but that's true for most umbrella strollers. It's a easy to close and worked great in DL with DS in July. Good luck!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-26-2007, 03:36 PM
We have the Peg Perego Plicko 3 Classico. It is costly, but it meets all your requirements. We bought it because it was the only stroller at the time that folded vertically instead of flat.

Good Luck!

I totally agree. :thumbsup:

Our Pliko P3 just made its third trip to WDW last week. My almost 4 year old took a few naps in it very comfortably.

We purchased a Maclaren and brought it back. The Pliko pushed smoother in our opinion. I know the wheels are larger on my Pliko. Maybe that had something to do with it.:confused:

DH carries the stroller on and off the bus and says it is a piece of cake to carry. Also the handles adjust so we do not have to hunch over to push it.

The sun shade is awesome too.

I think that was our last trip with a stroller since DD hardly used it, but, if we decide differently the P3 will be coming once again.

DISNEYFIX
09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys it sounds like a little pre trip homework.:thumbsup:

DISNEYFIX
09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Ok I was not prepared for the $300 Stroller?????? I should make one myself! Well maybe not, but $300, I'm not cheap but holy cow.

BigRedDad
09-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Yes. They get very expensive. The Maclaren Volo is about $130. It is definitely not the PP Pliko 3 or Maclaren Techno XLR. However, it only has one position. The Quest Sport is about $80 more, but offers reclining capability. I know Babies R Us has this one on Clearence for around $180 right now (or at least last weekend).

teambricker04
09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Ahhh. A timely debate for me as well. The last time we went we used our Graco Mosaic. Don't buy it... it stinks. The fabric seat cannot come off so you can't wash it (GAAAROSSSSS!) Our back wheels really wore down on our Disney trip so it doesn't drive as nicely. It didn't help that my sister and her husband were with and may have used it as something to lean on, but really to the point it isn't driveable?

My fav stroller to use (and we have used a few!) still is the Graco Travel System. It is bulky, but did everything we needed it to. Even after I ran over it with the car (No one was in it, don't worry.) it still was perfect.

Our next trip is in November and we are taking our 3 month old (he'll be 5 mo at the time) for the first time. My older son doesn't like to sit in strollers and we have a sit and stroll. It works perfect all of the time, but I am thinking he'll prefer a seat to rest in and lay back for a Disney trip. I don't know if I want to spring for a double or just one like you are thinking of.

Kenny1113
09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
We had a stroller that we strictly used at themeparks, zoos, etc. I believe it was a graco, it was not an umbrella stroller, but is was not the big travel system either. It was approx $50-$60 and light weight fully reclined, basket underneath, some coverage. I know the previous post mentioned not being able to wash the fabric. I never really had a problem with that b/c we pretty much used it just when our son(s) was tired and no longer wanted to walk or needed a nap. My oldest is 6 and we first started using it when he was around 2, my youngest is 3 and we are now retiring it. :( ( no more babies)

Kenny1113
09-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I believe it was the literider ? or similar to it. I don't think they sell the exact one any more b/c it was 4+ years ago. It does not have the one hand fold feature, has a removable front tray, fastens around the hips.

peemagg
10-03-2007, 05:55 AM
I also vote for the Combi strollers. I just purchased 3 of them on e-bay for under $75 each including shipping. They all recline flat and have a nice canopy and all weigh less than 15lbs. People who have not really used the Combi strollers think that they are not as sturdy as some others because they seem rickety when you shake them (they move side to side). This is not the case at all that is a steering system built into the stroller. It makes it easier to turn especially when pushing it one handed.

Triplet Disney MaMa
10-03-2007, 08:59 AM
I also had a very hard time to find a flat laying stroller, I would find some that would lay flat BUT then the legs would "hang" So make sure you also check out that part of the stroller, my kids went nuts because there legs had no where to go.

Tigerlilly
10-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Goodness folk, Try the classified ads in your newspaper, or even freecycle. Get an idea of what you want and hit the yard sales. I would never spend $300 of my vacation money on a stroller JUST for this trip. Look for organized consignment sales. You can find the $200 + strollers at these sales for $15 or so.

My daughter had always slept laying flat for naps but she was so exhausted by Disney she slept just fine in her umbrella stroller (She was 2 and a half). Or one of us would find a shady spot and she happily napped in our laps while we enjoyed a cold drink and some people watching. She would just wake up confused as to where she was and then would want to know A)What had she missed and B)What was next??

goofysbabe
10-03-2007, 10:31 AM
If - it's just for Disney only - keep this in mind - When we were at WDW we had to remove our children from the stroller and fold it up to board the bus. After a while this got to be a pain. Then if there's anything in the stroller to keep it from folding.............ugh!!!! We just rented from then on out. They have the multiple day tickets and if you go from one park to another and keep your receipt then your only paying one time that day. Just a thought.

Triplet Disney MaMa
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
That is also what we did. The Disney strollers, also did a pretty good job for nap time. We had our backpack that we put down by there feet and it worked out well. They did not take very long naps anyway. So I would not go to crazy, the only reason my kiddos took a nap it because they were just soooooo drained for all the Mickey!! LOL:mickey: