PDA

View Full Version : Anything like Build a Bear at WDW???

TheDuckRocks
09-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi, we're taking our grandkids in January to WDW for their first visit. My DGD asked my Hubby if she could get an animal made at Build A Bear while we are there. They made her a dog at Downtown Disney at Disneyland 5 years ago. This was a very special time for Grandpa and Katie to share and it would be nice if they could do something like that again.
If there is nothing like this could you all make some suggestions for something else for them to do please. She is going to BBB at the castle but that is going to be a girl thing.
BTW, Mimi the stuffed dog is still a very loved toy and has a better wardrobe than me.:D
Thanks for the help.

Figment!
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
The World of Disney in the Downtown Disney Marketplace has several Build-Your-Own items, although they are not dolls.

The Adventurer Room offers Build-a-Pirate-Hat and Build-a-Treasure-Chest activities.

The Build-a-Pirate-Hat allows Guests to choose between a Pirate Bandana, traditional pirate hat, or three-corner pirate hat (priced $5 - $10) and add on various trinkets (priced at $1-$3 per addition).

The Build-a-Treasure-Chest allows Guests to stuff a small chest or skull (priced $14 & $18, respectively) with a variety of pirate loot (priced $0.50 - $3 per item).

The Princess Room offers “Build-a-Tierra”, “Build-a-Wand” and “Build-a-Jewel-Box” activities.

The Build-a-Tierra allows Guests to select an adjustable plush crown in a color of their choosing (priced $10) and add on jewels and accessories (priced $0.95 - $4 per item).

The Build-a-Wand allows Guests to piece together a wand from a rainbow of fanciful parts (priced $16 per wand).

The Build-a-Jewel-Box allows Guests to fill a pink satchel or small pink jewel box with a plethora of princess jewelry (priced $16 per container).

When the T-Rex Restaurant opens in 2008, it is planned to have a Build-a-Dino section by Build-A-Bear Workshop.

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
No Build a Bear, I always thought that would be a great thing to have a Disney. When we were in Calgary this past July Build a Bear had Disney costumes that you could put on your bear. They were soooo cute. I wanted to get one for DD, but she is only 5 months old, so resisted.
Anyway the Mr. Potatoe Heads at Once Upon a Toy are so cute (and Disney themed). Your grandkids might like them.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
The potato heads and my little ponies in Once Upon A Toy are a great idea for your grandkids, just remember to STUFF, STUFF, STUFF the box... If you decide on a potato head, maybe you could buy a basic head at Walmart (really cheap) and bring it down with you... that way you could fill the box with just the special Disney pieces and skip the big head that takes up soo much space.

A Disney Build-A-Bear would be an AWESOME idea... you could make a bear, or other animal, then dress them in Disney outfits... how do we get this idea going?? :thumbsup:

Wayne
09-26-2007, 08:24 PM
For a truly unique experience you could have a doll custom made with your granddaughter choosing all of the features at Der Teddybar in the Germany pavillion of World Showcase. Expect to pay between 100-200 (about the price that you would pay for a My Twin doll if I remember correctly.

Figment!
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyway the Mr. Potatoe Heads at Once Upon a Toy are so cute (and Disney themed).
The potato heads and my little ponies in Once Upon A Toy are a great idea for your grandkids, just remember to STUFF, STUFF, STUFF the box...Doh, Forgot about those. :blush:

The store near the exit of Dinosaur in Dinoland USA at the Animal Kingdom, also has a Build-a-Mr. Potato Head Station.

TheDuckRocks
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone.
FYI - Downtown Disney at Disneyland does have a Build-A-Bear, it is huge and does a huge business. Guess that's why I was surprised that Disney World doesn't have one.