PDA

View Full Version : April trip accomodations

Von-Drake
09-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Alright, we are gearing up for our BIG Disney trip next year. We will be there for 8 nights total. The first four nights we will be staying at the Shades of Green, courtesy of my father. But they are leaving after four days and we have to find another resort for the remaining four. We went this past August and stayed at the Pop Century which was great, but only a for a quick weekend trip. We are wondering if the Moderate Resorts (we have never stayed in those) are worth the extra expense. Is there more at these resorts for a 5 year old, or would they be just as happy with the pools at the Value Resorts. Thanks for your input.

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
We love the Riverside. It is a moderate. It has a great food court, fantastic pools, and a beautiful walkways. There is a great playground for kids, fishing and boat rentals. If you are looking at spending a bit of down time at your resort I would recommend this, especially with a 5 year old (you will need to take some breaks). But, if you are going to go full force to the parks and only the parks, then stick with a Value resort.

Von-Drake
09-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. We are still looking into other Moderates as well. New Orleans is just always a place my wife have wanted to go to.

Tippy
09-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi - I would suggest you stay at the POFQ. We stayed there last September with our 3 & 6 year olds and it worked great. The resort is a bit smaller so it is not as crowded. It has a play ground, wonderful grounds, themed pool and a boat launch to downtown disney. It is also within walking distance to POR. Also the bus picks you up first before going to POR and drops you off at POFQ before dropping guests at POFQ. Not a lot of families seem to stay there so the pool was not too crowded for our small children. We hit the parks first thing in the morning. We ended up at the Pool around 3:30 and hardly anyone was ever in it at that time of day. The girls loved the slide at the pool and the crocodiles. They still talk about this pool today. They tell everyone they swam with crocodiles. Hope you have a great trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-29-2007, 07:05 PM
We love POFQ, and think that it worth every extra penny over a value.

The small size, DD loves the pool and slide, the theming...all perfect!

We found that didn't ever feel busy or hectic, even in the food court, the beignets (fresh donuts) are a treat.

There is a boat to DTD (a fun trip in itself), and as the previous poster said, even though you share a bus with Riverside, FQ is first on and first off! (and a lot of times, they don't even make you share...at least not when we were there!)

I highly recomment FQ...we can't wait to go back next May!