PDA

View Full Version : Great appetizer at Rose and Crown

karenrarintogo
09-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Just to let everyone know that the cheese and fruit appetizer at Rose and Crown is WONDERFUL! It had a tiny pot of a delicious onion jam as well as other little accompaniments to several different cheeses.

We loved the LeCellier cheese plate sampler offered as an appetizer (and dessert, too, I believe) last year, and we were disappointed that they took it off their menu at some point since last Sept.

So glad another restaurant stepped up to the (cheese) plate this year! ;):mickey:

mouseaddict
09-26-2007, 03:02 PM
I agree with you 100% The cheese plate is my favorite. I love Rose and Crown..I know I am in the minority here! (I also love the stewed mushrooms there...and I hate mushrooms!)

Bluesky481
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Karenrarintogo, thanks for the head's up on the change at LeCellier...I was really wanting to sample their cheese plate on my next trip. Sounds like I may need to give Rose & Crown a try instead.

Afterall, cheese IS a vessel for food :D

dolphinmickey9170
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I didn't like the cheese at all. Ok, confession, I really don't like cheese much. But I really LOVED the potato leek soup. YUMMY!! IF you aren't sure you will like it, they will bring you a tiny sample if you ask.

thejens
09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
I agree the cheese plate was yummy at Rose and Crown. There is also a great one at the California Grill. In fact, next time I was thinking of having wine, cheese plate and maybe an appetizer or flat bread to share.