PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Rumour

LADY DI
09-25-2007, 08:35 PM
We had the free dining with our package this year, which was out of this world. We would never have had all of those amazing meals without it.

One of the waitresses told us that next year with the dining plan they are thinking of not including the tip with the package, which means we would have to pay extra for the tip at each meal. This waitress was not happy since the tip included with the pkg is at 18% and alot of clients leave much less. Most of our Table Service meals came to over $200.00 for 4 adults meaning a tip of $30 to $40 extra from our pockets for dinner alone.

Any truth to this?

Anyone else hear this

Jared
09-25-2007, 08:37 PM
It's not a rumor. Starting in 2008, tip is not included on the Disney Dining Plan. Also, appetizers are not part of the package.

Check other threads to learn about all the changes.

disneymajik
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Disney has changed the dining plan for 2008 where the tip and appetizer are no longer included. Info Central has all the details.

LADY DI
09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Where do I find Info Central?

JPL
09-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Info Central (http://intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp)

It can also be accessed using the tabs on the top of the page :thumbsup:

cperry92380
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
You all say that appetizers are no longer included (as per info central), but can you substitue the dessert for an appetizer? So that you can have one or the other, not both, like on the current plan?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-25-2007, 09:48 PM
You all say that appetizers are no longer included (as per info central), but can you substitue the dessert for an appetizer? So that you can have one or the other, not both, like on the current plan?As of right now, nope - no appetizer...just dessert. I'm hoping this may change (to what you suggest) next year after a few months with this new plan.

cperry92380
09-25-2007, 09:55 PM
As of right now, nope - no appetizer...just dessert. I'm hoping this may change (to what you suggest) next year after a few months with this new plan.

Well... stink... I thought I had read somewhere that it was either or... oh well... don't know if this is still such a 'good deal' or not...

SAHDad
09-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Well... stink... I thought I had read somewhere that it was either or... oh well... don't know if this is still such a 'good deal' or not...

It depends on your situation and where you plan on eating. I made a quick Excel file, and basically plugged in the prices from the available menus, added tax and tip, snacks, and so forth, and then compared the Pay-As-We-Go total against the dining plan. I believe that the dining plan would still save us money (2 adults, 1 child, 1 free infant), but it went from about a $75-$100 savings over 5 days to less than $20.

At that point, it's really only a matter of convenience, because a couple of skipped deserts makes all the difference.