PDA

View Full Version : Septembergirl Family's Pop and FD Vacation - Weather

septembergirl
09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
This trip was very different than the last one we took in June. Last time it was miserably hot and we sweated gallons each day. This trip we were wet for a different reason - thunderstorms!
It rained every day and while we didn't let it stopped us, the rain did ruin a couple of my plans like watching the fireworks and Electrical Pageant from the beach at Poly and swim time at the resort. We had our ponchos on the ready but it was a hassle to carry them around with us all the time. We finally gave up carrying the umbrella and just hoped for the best.
We had a great time in spite of the clouds and I actually think it made the temperature more bearable most days.

cal5755
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
What dates did you go? We were there the 14-21 and the first day my cousin had ADR's for the fantasmic package... it got rained out. We had a few scattered thunderstorms and showes but we loved it.. put on our ponchos and played in the rain I even got a picture of a rainbow we saw when we came out of the tiki room!! I am glad you didnt let the rain ruin your fun!

ChipnDaleGal
09-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Given a choice, I would choose a cooler rainy week to a hot and humid one at WDW. I am glad to hear that it didn't stop you from having a great time. :mickey:

faline
09-26-2007, 09:15 AM
There's nothing we can do about the weather! Glad you had a good time despite the showers!

septembergirl
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
What dates did you go? We were there the 14-21 and the first day my cousin had ADR's for the fantasmic package... it got rained out. We had a few scattered thunderstorms and showes but we loved it.. put on our ponchos and played in the rain I even got a picture of a rainbow we saw when we came out of the tiki room!! I am glad you didnt let the rain ruin your fun!

We were there the 19th thru the 21st. I did prefer the rain to the heat of June.

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Yea, when it comes to the weather, you just have to wave that white flag of surrender. Glad you had fun in spite of it.