PDA

View Full Version : Scary Room at the Poly

Stickey
09-25-2007, 05:11 PM
We checked-in at the Poly on 9/15/07, and were assigned a room in Fiji. It was not our requested longhouse, but it seemed acceptable. We arrived to our room and were shocked at what we saw. :eek::mad:
The room looked like a bear had ransacked a campsite. Craig, our baggage cart driver, said that the room looked like a college dorm. There were bags of chips, garbage, and water bottles scattered on the floor and furniture.

It is hard to believe that anyone could leave a room in that condition. Disney should assess an extra cleaning penalty to this uncivilized occupant.

We returned to the front desk and requested a different room. After some discussion with the CM and the CM going to his manager, we received a room on the garden side of Rapa Nui. We were satisfied with our room and enjoyed our stay at the Poly. :tikki:

floridamom
09-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Sorry this happened to you, but I find this interesting because the same thing happened to us on our most recent stay at Pop Century. We arrived at our room to find it in a very similar condition. We actually thought perhaps we had mistakenly been assigned to an already-occupied room. When we called the front desk to get things straightened out, we were treated very rudely and it took nearly 45 minutes to get us into another room. (Which turned out to be in same building).

My husband called a while later to speak to a manager about the way everything had been handled, and the manager was very apologetic and issued a nice credit to our room. According to him, this sort of thing happens when the guests "checking out" return to their room after it has already been cleaned (and after check-out time) and leave a whole bunch of garbage behind. Apparently the room key doesn't instantly stop working at 11:00AM.

It's sad that this seems to be none-too-unusual behavior. Maybe an extra cleaning penalty would help...

Ian
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Not sure I buy that manager's explanation. As far as I know, those room keys are computer controlled to immediately expire at 11AM on day of checkout. I've actually left our hotel room at like 11:15 or so and given the key a try and it doesn't let me back in.

Anyway ... I've heard this story quite a bit lately. Seems like Disney doesn't have their mousekeeping under control like they used to. That's what outsourcing does, I guess.

mrsgaribaldi
09-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Never happened to us, lucky. We leave the room so neat but I don't think we are the only ones to do this. Garbage goes in the bags;)

Dakota Rose
09-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Though we didn't have any issues like this on our last trips to both WDW and DLR, I noticed mousekeeping wasn't the same. When did Disney outsource? I didn't know they had...that's too bad.

cal5755
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
The room looked like a bear had ransacked a campsite. Craig, our baggage cart driver, said that the room looked like a college dorm. There were bags of chips, garbage, and water bottles scattered on the floor and furniture.

Can you imagine what the houses of these people look like? I would not be able to sleep if there were empty bottles or trash all over... how long does it take to plop it in the trash?

that totally stinks that your original room looked like that... that is one of the few reasons I would be talking to a manager... there is simply no excuse for that!!

BTW our key card worked after 11:00 am... DH left his wallet on the bed and a little after 11:30 am (we stayed at music) I was able to use my key card to retrieve his wallet.

Donald
09-25-2007, 07:08 PM
We had a similar problem at All Star Movies: there were dirty diapers in the trash, the beds were not made, trash on the floor, and there were no towels. We also received a nice credit on our bill!

Manda
09-25-2007, 07:27 PM
We were checked into an unclean room at AKL in 2005. It looked like someone had just walked out 5 minutes ago.

Be thankful you got out of Fiji, we checked in on 9/15, too. On 9/16, a water pipe burst and we lost water pressure for several hours. We never had adequate water pressure after that or very hot water.

brownie
09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Anyway ... I've heard this story quite a bit lately. Seems like Disney doesn't have their mousekeeping under control like they used to. That's what outsourcing does, I guess.

Exactly my thoughts when I started reading this thread. They must be saving a lot of money on outsourcing this if they're willing to deal with guest dissatisfaction and credits because of it.

Stickey
09-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Mousekeeping at the Poly was good.

This room debacle was caused by:
1) Pig-like nature of the previous occupants.
2) A possible error by the front desk in placing this room in the "cleaned" category.
MK seemed to start at approximately 8:15. The do not disturb sign may not have been placed on the door, therefore the room may have been cleaned and these people may have returned to create a mess prior to leaving.

Laughin' place
09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
My folks and my sister and her family stayed at Movies in July. Although my sis and her family had no problems (and my neice was treated to 2 DREAMS !! during her stay), my parents' room was terrible. The room was dirty and unmade on arrival. Momma noted that the bedlinens were stained, as the bed was unmade. They discussed this with the desk, and were not treated as well as they should have been. When they returned several hours later, the room had been made up, but hastily and poorly. Worst of many problems -- the bed had been remade with the same filthy sheets:sick:
They were issued a free nights' stay (on a future visit), but they were disappointed. They have been going since '73, and we all have so many good memories. Have to say this left a bad taste, and they will never stay at a bargain resort again

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, that is crazy. I can't even imagine checking into a Disney room and having it look like you described.
We had a similar experience at the Carribian Beach a few years ago. We went to check out our room and found a big pile of garbage thrown around outside our room. There was a bid feasting on a half eaten pizza. There was pop spilled everywhere. It was gross. We wiggled our way to our room then called the front desk. They sent someone to clean it up right away.