PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Earl Of Sandwich 9/19/07

MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
We ate lunch here around 11:30 am on the
19th. It was kind of a last minute thing as we were planning on eating at Typhoon Lagoon but when we woke up that morning it was pouring rain. After deciding on Plan B we headed to DTD for some shopping and lunch.

When you arrive at the restaurant they have a line where you order what sandwich you would like, somewhat like cafeteria style. That person there gives you a ticket with your sandwich order printed on it and then you proceed through the line to get your side item, dessert, drink, etc. Then you pay at the end. The CS credit was a little confusing as I found it was everywhere we went. They all seem to have their own rules on what's included and not included in the credits now. This one was a sandwich, dessert, and drink. We thought it included a side and got chips too. We ended up paying for the chips seperately and the rest was a counter service credit.

I ordered the Tuna Melt which was one of the best I have ever had. DH got the Meatballs which he said was very tasty. My dad ordred The Club and mom The Original. Everyone said their sandwich tasted wonderful and the bread was fresh and tasty. Dad and I had the strawberry shortcake for dessert which I didn't particularly like, but dad thought it was pretty good. Mom got the fruit and yogurt parfait which she said was one of the best she had ever had. DH got a chocolate chip cookie which he wanted to bring home for later.

A nice counter service meal and worth the credit. Would definately eat here again.

NJGIRL
09-25-2007, 04:47 PM
We ate lunch there last Oct for the first time and we thought it was really good.We will be going back. I have to say it was probably the loudiest place we ate in our entire trip. We had to shout at each other just to hear over all of the noise.

d_m_n_n
09-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Mmmmmm...the Original. Oh man, I can't wait to have one of these again...:cloud9:

KarenP
09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the post, Sarah. It sounds like everyone in your party enjoyed it. I am hoping to try eating here next month. Most reviews I have read are very positive.

Jared
09-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I've always wanted to try Earl of Sandwich but rarely visit Downtown Disney. I'll have to make a special trip on an upcoming vacation.

mrsgaribaldi
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I've always wanted to try Earl of Sandwich but rarely visit Downtown Disney. I'll have to make a special trip on an upcoming vacation.

I'm not a big "foodie" but the sandwich I get there is awesome. I love the Original too but without the cheese. We try to stop there at least once a trip, even if it's just on the last day and I take the food home. :secret: It really is delicious. You have to try it. My mouth is watering just typing this:blush: