MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Day 2 - 9/18/07

Travlers:

Me - Sarah (33)
DH - Mike (41)
My Dad - Also Mike (65)
My Mom - Sandra (early 60s)

This was our first full day at the world and we had it packed with lots of activity.

We drove to the Contemporary for our 9:10 am ADR at Chef Mickey's (read my dining review in the dining section). :chef: This is our tradition for the first morning of our trip. We barely waited two minutes before we were seated. We had great character interaction and it really jump started our first full day at the parks.

We hopped the monorail to the MK and arrived around 11:00 am. The park had very light crowds and we proceeded down Main Street USA and into Adventureland. We started at POTC which I had not seen since the refurb. We had seen the updates at DL so were interested to compare. We were not disapointed, it was wonderful. The fog effect, Jack Sparrow, it was great. No wait, we walked right on. We then headed to the HM for the to check out those refurbs. Again, no wait, we literally walked right on. I was really suprised as I had heard the waits on the week it opened were crazy. The refurb was incredible: sound system, additions, everything. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but let me know if you want any details. We then headed to Fantasyland and everything had a pretty long line so we walked into Mickey's Philharmagic and saw the show. Great as it was last time. Then over to Tomorrowland to take in Space Mountain, the TTA, and Buzz Lightyear.

I looked at the clock and saw we were getting close to the parade time at the Studios. I really wanted my dad to see the Stars in Motor Cars parade as he is big into cars. :drive: We headed over to the Studois and found a spot in front of the Sorcerer hat. We had about 45 minutes so I went and got a frozen lemonade and a pretzel from Min and Bill's Dockside. The frozen lemonade was great and cooled me right off. We did find that as the parade time neared people with trying to sit in front of us and creep into our space. No one overtly stood in front of us so it was ok. The parade was great. Since last time I had seen it they had added the Ratatouille characters and I think Darth Vader was new. My dad loved the parade and I was glad to see it again.

We still had some time to kill before our ADR at the Sci Fi Dine In. DH went to ride the TOT, ok, yes I chickened out :( I really wanted to ride, but just couldn't do it. We then decided to head to the Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Spectacular at 3:45. My DH loves this show and was really excited for my dad to see it. It was just as exciting as the last time we had seen it and I got most of it on tape. Finally we watched Muppets. I was disappointed that I showed my parents the key under the mat and the cast member seemed annoyed at me for looking. I thought it would be a cool moment for my parents to see it.

We then headed to our 5:00 pm ADR at the Sci Fi Dine In. This is the first time I saw them actively turning people away without reservations. We only waited about 5 minutes to be seated. Again, see my seperate review.

We left MGM and went back to POR for what I thought was the night. DH wanted to take the boat over to DTD and check it out. I agreed to go but was very tired. Well we ended up at PI where we had entirely too much fun. :marg: They have this mixed drink that comes in a sand bucket (yes, a BUCKET) and it tasted so good I drank the whole thing. We love 8 Trax and watching people dance and have a good time. The music is so good and so much fun. It started to rain on our way back to the hotel. Our bus driver was so funny on the way back to the resort, he drove like 100 mph and coasted through stop signs. He definately was trying to get us home quick!! :bus: We didn't get back to the hotel and to bed until around 1:00 am. :blush:

Next up... Day 3: Thoughts of going to the waterpark, Illuminations, Le Cellier!!

pogo
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Another great day for you and your family. I'm glad you had such a full day. :D

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Another great day for you and your family. I'm glad you had such a full day. :D

Do you HAVE to keep bothering poor Sarah with your idle chit chat? :D

Awesome about the no waits! I'm anxious to see what they've done to HM...hopefully in the next year or so I'll get back down there! I"m enjoying your reports! Keep 'em coming!

faline
09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
What a busy day! Two parks and Pleasure Island all in one day!

cal5755
09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Now that was a loooong day!! Glad you had fun!