PDA

View Full Version : How do you take your pizza?

DisneyDudet
09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok, so, as I sit here eating my leftover Alfredo Pizza (which is quite good, but it could use some grilled chicken on it), I was wondering how others like their pizza?

1. What toppings do you like on your pizza?

2. Do you dip it in anything?

3. What is the weirdest pizza you've ever heard of someone liking?

I think this could get fun!

DisneyDudet
09-25-2007, 01:50 PM
OK, well, I'll answer my question!

1. I like pepperoni, onions, and bell peppers. That's if I'm getting general pizza. If I'm at a nice place, I LOVE Alfredo Pizza! The Chicken Alfredo Pizza at Palo's on the DCL is AMAZING!

2. Depending on where I am, I'll dip in ranch dressing.

3. The weirdest I've heard of anyone liking is supreme with pineapples!

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 02:39 PM
What's wrong with pineapples on pizza? I get Hawaian pizzas all the time... YUM!

Donatos has a Philly Cheese Steak pizza that both my dh and I have fallen in love with!

I've dipped my pizza crusts in marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, ranch, garlic sauce...etc...

Ok, I guess I'm actually the weirdest pizza liker I know... I make a "Cheeseburger" pizza that pretty much has all the ingredients of a cheeseburger.. ketchup, mustard, mayo, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, bacon bits and even pickles! YUM!!!!

DisneyDudet
09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm not saying pineapple on pizza is nasty. Its just it was paired with SUPREME... you know.. onions, mushrooms, etc. THAT is what made it gross!

thrillme
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
We LOVE Pizza Hut's Meat Lovers Pan with Pineapples (Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon and Sasauge) and dipped in Ranch.

It was funny I've always love pepperoni with pineapple my DS wouldn't touch it. One day we ordered a Meat Lovers and I wanted them to put pinapple on one side. Well they screwed up and put it all over. My DS was so hungry at the time he said "Well I guess we're BOTH eating the pineapple" ... Now he totally LOVES it...gripes about pizza that does NOT have pineapple.

Ian
09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Ha ha ... funny topic ...

First off, I LOVE pizza. I've had all kinds and some of my favorites are:

Very, very thin crust pizza from this place at the Jersey Shore called Mack-n-Manco's. Plain is the only way to eat it!
Chicken Cheesesteak Pizza - This place near work makes these great speciality pizzas and this one is the best. It's got sauce and chicken on the bottom and then it's covered in melted mozzerella!
Cheesesteak Pizza - Same as above, only with beef instead of chicken
Buffalo Chicken Pizza - Normally served white, with buffalo chicken, sauce, and blue cheese. Sometimes, depending on how it's served, I like to dip it in blue cheese dressing.
For just sorta "regular" pizza, I like a good meat lovers. Something with sausage, pepperoni, bacon, ham, etc.
Hawaiian Pizza - Ham and pineapple. Very tasty
Okay ... here's where you all run screaming and decide once and for all that I'm nutso ... I love Elio's frozen pizza with ... get ready for it ... mustard! I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's really good. It's something we started as kids in elementary school and I still like it!

martinfamily5
09-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I love white (alfrado) chicken pizza with roasted garlic. There is a place in New Buffalo Michigan called the Stray Dog that serves this pizza and it is fabulous.:thumbsup:

thrillme
09-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Okay ... here's where you all run screaming and decide once and for all that I'm nutso ... I love Elio's frozen pizza with ... get ready for it ... mustard! I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's really good. It's something we started as kids in elementary school and I still like it![/LIST]

HA HA...My DS loves ANYTHING covered in mustard including Mac and Cheeze.

d_m_n_n
09-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Okay ... here's where you all run screaming and decide once and for all that I'm nutso ... I love Elio's frozen pizza with ... get ready for it ... mustard! I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's really good. It's something we started as kids in elementary school and I still like it![/LIST]

I don't think that is weird at all. We didn't use mustard, but in elementary school we started putting French dressing on the top of our pizzas...mmmm-mmmmm good! Actually, I have 2 Pizza Hut half-baked (the pizza, not me :blush: ) pizzas in the fridge. We may just break out the French's Mustard and give it a shot tonight!

SBETigg
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
1) I like mushrooms, peppers, onions, sauce and cheese on my pizza. I like a lot of other combinations, too, but this is one I stick with most.

2) Ew, no, why would anyone need to dip a good pizza?

3) The weirdest pizza was served in a restaurant near here- an actual peanut butter and jelly pizza. They also had bacon cheeseburger pizza, taco pizza, and BLT pizza with mayonaisse sauce.

Ian
09-25-2007, 03:38 PM
3) The weirdest pizza was served in a restaurant near here- an actual peanut butter and jelly pizza.Chef Mickey's serves peanut butter and jelly pizza and it's yummy!!

Actually, I have 2 Pizza Hut half-baked (the pizza, not me :blush: ) pizzas in the fridge. We may just break out the French's Mustard and give it a shot tonight!I highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I looooooove pizza. Fresh, frozen, local, chain, it's generally all good with me.

I don't like too much going on with my pizza. I prefer a thin crust plain or with extra cheese, or pepperoni. I don't like to dip. In fact I never even heard of dipping until we ordered from Papa John's once and they put garlic dip in the box. I don't care what other people like so I generally don't pay attention, but I do feel like piling too much junk on top really takes away from the essence of the pizza.

Very, very thin crust pizza from this place at the Jersey Shore called Mack-n-Manco's. Plain is the only way to eat it!

Ya know, I just don't get the whole Ocean City Mack n Manco craze. We tried it again this summer and it was actually pretty bad. Neither my boyfriend nor I finished our slices and I'm notorious for wolfing down every last crumb. Lines are always so long there, when you can get a much better slice (IMHO) at Primo's or Three Brother's

scottgr
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
1. I would have to say Sausage and mushroom pizza from Pepe's in New Haven, CT. Best you will ever have....Check it out if you are in CT. Been listed as top 10 in the country on Food Network.

2. Nothing...

3. Weirdest - Taco Pizza - With all the topping - Taco meat, Shells , tomatos, lettuce, taco sause. It was great, but weird. :eat:

JerseyMouse
09-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Count me in as another who doesn't care for Mack and Mancos...there's a place in Ocean City called Randazzos that I much prefer.

As for toppings..nothing too outrageous for me. Pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers work just fine.

Best non traditional pie I had was Pizza Hut's Buffalo chicken pizza.

Haven't really come across too many that I would classify as strange, although anchovies don't work for me.:ack:

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Someone above mentioned mac and cheese and that reminded me.. we have a pizza buffet place called Ci Ci's and one of their pizzas is a Macaroni and Cheese pizza... VERY yummy! They've also served a taco one like someone else mentioned...for only $4.95 you get all the pizza you can eat (they also have salad and pasta on the bar) - you can't beat that deal!

Jen0610
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
There is a small pizza place that has some of the best pizza around here. Every month he has a special of month. For Oct, they have the Coney Dog pizza. They use coney sause, cut up hot dog discs, onion, and cheedar cheese. They will even top it with mustard and ketchup if you request it.

They also have on their menu a fireball pizza. They use a spicier pizza sauce, hot Italian sausage, a spicier pepperoni, onions, red and green peppers, jalapeno peppers, red pepper flakes, and a mozz/pepper jack cheese. We have personally never gotten it, up the guy who live up the road from us has and he loves it. I know that a couple of years ago, he use to have a standing order with 8 guys who ordered 5 larges the 2nd Sat night of the month. It was poker night.

He also has 3 pizzas that he only does during lent - no meats.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
As long as its got meat on it, I'm o.k.

Ian
09-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Ya know, I just don't get the whole Ocean City Mack n Manco craze. We tried it again this summer and it was actually pretty bad.Well to be honest it's been about ... oh ... maybe a dozen years since I had one, so maybe it's not as good as it used to be. But for my money, if you like thin crust pizza, they used to be the best. I'll have to try one again at some point and see if they've gone downhill.

They also have on their menu a fireball pizza. They use a spicier pizza sauce, hot Italian sausage, a spicier pepperoni, onions, red and green peppers, jalapeno peppers, red pepper flakes, and a mozz/pepper jack cheese.Now that sounds like my kinda pizza!!

thrillme
09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Someone above mentioned mac and cheese and that reminded me.. we have a pizza buffet place called Ci Ci's and one of their pizzas is a Macaroni and Cheese pizza... VERY yummy! They've also served a taco one like someone else mentioned...for only $4.95 you get all the pizza you can eat (they also have salad and pasta on the bar) - you can't beat that deal!

I forgot about CiCi's mac and cheeze pizza. A lot of the boys in our scout troop loved that...oddly my DS and I weren't really keen on it.

Weird stuff on pizza has to be chalked up with anything coming out of "California". They've put some strange things to include spinich, feta cheeze and anything that tempts the imagination.

IloveDisney71
09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
1. I will eat just about anything on a pizza, but prefer pepperoni and extra cheese.

2. I sometimes dip it in Ranch dressing.

3. ??? Don't know...but there are some pretty interesting combinations in the previous posts! :ack:

Christine
09-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I love pizza!

1. My favorite is just plain cheese with extra sauce (I know :bored:).

2. I sometimes dip in ranch dressing! :tasty:

3. Weirdest thing I've seen on a pizza- SHRIMP! :confused:

Dracula766
09-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I've never met a Pizza I didn't like. :pizza:

Usually I order it with as much meat as it will hold. I like an entire zoo on my pizza. I have been digging the Mac & Cheese pizza at CiCis though.

If anybody happens to head down to New Orleans, you've got to stop by Emeril's NOLA and try the Duck Confit and Parmesan Pizza with Truffle Oil and Baby Arugula. They even break an egg onto it before baking so when you eat its cooked but runny.

I'm really hungry now :eat:

PirateLover
09-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Well to be honest it's been about ... oh ... maybe a dozen years since I had one, so maybe it's not as good as it used to be. But for my money, if you like thin crust pizza, they used to be the best. I'll have to try one again at some point and see if they've gone downhill.

I think that is the most plausible explanation- that they used to be good and since then have gone down hill but people return for sentimentality purposes and won't venture out to try other things. I wouldn't know because as a child we usually went to Wildwood. I've only started frequently going to Ocean City in the past 4 years or so. The place I mentioned earlier that is also on the Ocean City boardwalk, Primo's, is a great thin crust as well. 3 Brothers is a bit thicker but the slice is HUGE. They boast that they have the biggest pizza ever or something like that- they have a contest challenging anyone to eat a whole pie in 15 minutes or something like that and you get free pizzas for a year. The prize gets smaller until you hit 45 mins, then you fail. Everyone who fails has their picture taken and they hang it up inside on the "wall of losers." It's funny but also sickening to look at these pictures of overstuffed people while you yourself eat.

KarenP
09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
1. My favorite toppings are either pepperoni or Italian sausage. I also occasionally like a meat lovers, supreme or Hawaiian.

2. I never dip my pizza

3. I have not seen any really weird toppings but you will never catch me eating pizza with anchovies or mushrooms. Yuck!!

Ian
09-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Usually I order it with as much meat as it will hold. I like an entire zoo on my pizza.:rotfl:

3 Brothers is a bit thicker but the slice is HUGE. They boast that they have the biggest pizza ever or something like that- they have a contest challenging anyone to eat a whole pie in 15 minutes or something like that and you get free pizzas for a year. The prize gets smaller until you hit 45 mins, then you fail. Everyone who fails has their picture taken and they hang it up inside on the "wall of losers." It's funny but also sickening to look at these pictures of overstuffed people while you yourself eat.Hmmm ... sounds like a challenge! I'm going to tackle the one pound burger at Cheeburger, Cheeburger soon ... Maybe I'll hit 3 Brothers after that. ;)

SteveL
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
To me, Mac N Manco's has always been OK. Just OK. I think people keep lining up out of tradition.
If you want a great thin, thin, crust pizza, try Piccini's Brick Oven Pizza at 12 & West in Ocean City. It's just as good as the pizzas I had in Italy.

MsMin
09-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I love a artichoke hearts and feta pizza w a butter garlic sauce and cheese instead of tomato sauce. Yum
The weirdest pizza I've seen was in Italy. It was a seafood pizza and even had mussels and calamari on it. I love Calamari but seafood tends to get pretty fishy on a pizza and not my taste.
My kids love Hawaiian, the girls have to have pineapple.
If a pizza has everything then I want green olives!
(fish eyes for some)

Jared
09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
A good slice of pizza doesn't need any toppings besides perhaps some crushed red pepper flakes. It's hand-kneaded dough, homemade tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. Just give me a nice big triangle I can fold, and I'm happy.

I had never heard of people dipping pizza into anything until Pizza Hut began advertising some newfangled invention. I stay away from commercial pizza because there are so many incredible pizzerias at home near New York City. It's a little tougher to find a good slice at school in Syracuse, N.Y.

Near my house, my favorite place is Sal's in Mamaroneck, N.Y. The slices are big with perfect ingredients. The crust is nice and crispy.

For non-New York, designer pizza, I like California Pizza Kitchen.

Melanie
09-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I love, love pizza dipped in ranch. Mmmmm!!! Just plain cheese, or even pepperoni.

The thought of pineapple on pizza really turns my stomach. My husband has tried for years to get me to try it, to no avail. It just doesn't go together for me. :shrug:

JPL
09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
It definately depends on the quality of the pizza. Around my house I have so many great pizza places it's usually plain wiht some crushed red pepper and maybe some garlic powder. If I am in an unknown pizza zone I try to order as many toppings as possible to cover the poor quality of the pizza although most times the toppings are also not that great either. On occaision I will order a grabage with everything but I really need to be in the mood and have some friends around to help eat it :pizza:

snowflakegirl
09-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I love, love, love pizza! I usually go with the old traditional standby of pepperoni, but I also love mushroom, plain cheese, onions and chicken.

Weird stuff on pizza has to be chalked up with anything coming out of "California". They've put some strange things to include spinich, feta cheeze and anything that tempts the imagination.

I actually really love spinach and feta pizza ... It was a favorite growing up. We had a local pizza place in my hometown that would make that and my whole family loved it.

White pizzas are pretty good, too.

One of the hands down best pizzas I've ever had was at the Mystic Pizza Company in Mystic, CT (the one with the Julia Roberts movie about it) ... They make an absolutely great buffalo chicken pizza. Which is the only kind of pizza that I will dip, and that one I dip in either blue cheese or ranch dressing.

AvonleaCF
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Plain cheese. New York style.

conorsmom2000
09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Okay ... here's where you all run screaming and decide once and for all that I'm nutso ... I love Elio's frozen pizza with ... get ready for it ... mustard! I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's really good. It's something we started as kids in elementary school and I still like it!

HA HA...My DS loves ANYTHING covered in mustard including Mac and Cheeze.

Okay, reading this makes me feel better about admitting that my entire family eats mac & cheese with ketchup on it! :blush: :D Most people are disgusted by that but it's the only way we've ever had it!

we have a pizza buffet place called Ci Ci's and one of their pizzas is a Macaroni and Cheese pizza... VERY yummy!
It's funny you mention Ci Ci's - my sister was in Ohio over Labor Day and sent me a text message saying she was disappointed that they didn't have time to go to Ci Ci's - I had no idea what she was talking about!!

I'm very, very weird with pizza - I do like pizza with some meat on it, but that's about it. I like chain pizza (Pizza hut, Dominio's) but my husband does not. :ack:
But, if we order from a regular pizza place, and there's no meat, how do I eat it? Um, I take the cheese off! :blush: I don't usually like the sauce they use, so I pull off the cheese, scrape away the sauce, sprinkle on the garlic sauce and that's my "pizza".

Yes, I'm weird. :D :secret:

Bethanymouse
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
1. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
My favorite pizza is buffalo chicken pizza! But I dont get that too often cause it isnt sold around here. Usually I prefer onion and meatball

2. Do you dip it in anything?
Sometimes....i really like ranch dressing!

3. What is the weirdest pizza you've ever heard of someone liking?
hmmmm....I saw cheese fry pizza down at the shore and I was pretty grossed out.

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 01:50 AM
What I like on my pizza really depends on my mood - I love Hawaiian pizza - could eat one all by myself... :blush:
My favorite pizza to order at work is from a Greek restaurant - they make an amazing white garlic pizza with marinated artichokes, red peppers, lots of cheese and garlic... yummm!!!
The weirdest pizza I've heard of (and tried) was twice-baked potato pizza... bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives and small pieces of baked potato. Very odd... only kinda good. :confused:

DisneyDudet
09-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Wow, this thread really took off!

We have CiCi's here too. I actually used to eat there for lunch once a week in Jr High. It has gotten more expensive. Back then, we could pay for the buffet and drink with a $5 bill.

As far as the mexican pizza, Red Baron (or whatever frozen brand it is) makes a version. Its got green peppers, hamburger meat, olives (I don't like them but they're really good on it!), mexican style cheese and chips. It is actually some of the best pizza out there!

I'm amazed at how many people hadn't heard of dipping pizza until recently. We had been doing it for YEARS in elementary school. I never was a fan... thought it looked gross. I didn't do it until I went to one of the little home grown chains here, Mama's Pizza, with a friend. I had eaten there before, but wasn't a big fan, as they don't use a lot of sauce. Well, I learned that if I pull off the crust, it is really a breadstick, plus the garlic cheese and garlic crusts, make it really good! Their homemade ranch dressing makes it even better! Its the best pizza around. I get it Cheese and add crushed red pepper to it, then dip in their ranch dressing!!

Keep em coming! I like hearing everyone's favorite!

mrsgaribaldi
09-26-2007, 07:05 AM
I love pizza!!! I like a thick crust with sausage or plain. I don't like it with pineapples or anchovies. I don't dip it in anything, I rarely have it. :( Weirdest pizza I ever had was with potatos, onions, and some other things I don't remember on it. Favorite pizzas of all time, from the stand on the boardwalk in Atlantic City and in Keansburg Amusement park in NJ :thumbsup:

prprincess
09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
We have great pizza here in South Jersey, so if it's from a mom and pop place, I usually order it plain. But if I'm ordering from a chain, usually Papa Johns, I order ham and pineapple. And I love their garlic dipping sauce!

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Okay, reading this makes me feel better about admitting that my entire family eats mac & cheese with ketchup on it! :blush: :D Most people are disgusted by that but it's the only way we've ever had it!

It's funny you mention Ci Ci's - my sister was in Ohio over Labor Day and sent me a text message saying she was disappointed that they didn't have time to go to Ci Ci's - I had no idea what she was talking about!!

I just don't get why people think it's weird to put ketchup on mac and cheese? My whole family does it also. Ketchup is tomato sauce.. and you put tomato sauce on other pasta... I just don't get it...

I wasn't sure if Ci Ci's was just a local chain or not.. but since there's been a few Texans mentioning it I guess it's a national chain... it's still only about $5 here.. and one of the best lunch bargains around! I'm gonna have to go there for lunch soon ... got me wanting some of that mac and cheese pizza....:D

brownie
09-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I'll eat just about any kind of pizza, but I draw the line at anchovies. I don't dip my pizza anything. The most unusual pizza I like is the macaroni & cheese pizza from Cici's.

d_m_n_n
09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't think that is weird at all. We didn't use mustard, but in elementary school we started putting French dressing on the top of our pizzas...mmmm-mmmmm good! Actually, I have 2 Pizza Hut half-baked (the pizza, not me :blush: ) pizzas in the fridge. We may just break out the French's Mustard and give it a shot tonight!

OK, Ian, I've tried it. You should have seen the look on DSs faces when I pulled out the mustard bottles! :D My review...plain mustard was alright, but HONEY MUSTARD...now we're talking!!! In fact, I'm eating leftovers with honey mustard right now!!

ldn324
09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm totally, 100% a pizza purist. My perfect pie is NY style with San Marzano tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella (not the bagged stuff) and fresh basil leaves - pizza Margarita. That's it - nothing else. Pure perfection :cloud9:

I'll eat the other stuff and sometimes even enjoy it (including chain places), but it just doesn't get any better than a slice from Lombardi's in NYC. :thumbsup: I always joke that if I'm ever offered a "last meal" that Lombardi's is my choice!

DVC2004
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
1. Italian sausage/spicy. If there is no spicy sausage then just cheese.

2. Usually don't dip it but once I tried some garlic butter dipping sauce that was good.

3. Wierdest- I saw on the menu at SSR/Artist Palette a cheeseburger flatbread (pizza) with ground beef, onions, ketchup and mustard. Sorry but yuck! The ketchup and mustard is what grossed me out. Also I don't care for chicken on pizza. Just doesn't work for me.

Momof2boys
09-26-2007, 05:15 PM
1. Italian sausage & black olives OR chicken & tomato :tasty:

2. I've never dipped my pizza

3. I have friends who like the anchovy thing and another co-worker who puts hot sauce on his pizza

jennbunn
09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
mushrooms,black olives,pinneapple,extra cheese,green olives,and pepperoni from either pizza gallery or carbones!!!
if a dip it is in pizza sauce or ranch
seafood on pizza just does not sound good.

MissStyles
09-26-2007, 09:08 PM
i pretty much love any veggie on pizza. ill take a whole garden on mine instead of the zoo ;)

i just discovered a pizzeria here that does their crust "st. louis" style. i had never heard of it, but tried it out last saturday and it was EXCELLENT!!! it was extra thin..cut into squares with fresh homemade sauce and the cheeses they used were cheddar, provolone and swiss. the place has over 70 gourmet toppings to choose from. it took me forever to decide what to get! :blush:

another one of my favorites is one called the venice which is tomato herb sauce, roasted garlic, fresh shrimp, goat cheese and mozzarella cheese. i like to get it on whole wheat dough.

mrsHerbie53
09-27-2007, 10:32 AM
I have been into Buffalo Chicken Pizza when I can get it. Sometimes a regular white pizza with olive oil.

For dip, usually I will dip my Papa John's in the butter garlic sauce....

I also like to make my own grilled pizza, but you have to watch it or it will burn quickly!!
I oil up both sides of a Whole Wheat Boboli crust and after I flip it on the grill I add the sauce, pepperoni, and fresh veggies... In a few minutes it is done!!!!!

I could go for one now!!!

JohnHMCWYG
09-27-2007, 11:28 AM
My favorite pizza from a local pizza place is pepperoni and extra cheese, while my favorite from a chain restaurant is Pizza Hut's Meat Lovers' Pizza With Stuffed Crust.

I'm not going to be buying any pizza for a long time, though. I'm saving up all the money I can for Walt Disney World, and frivolities such as pizza can't be bothered with right now.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

dolphinmickey9170
09-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I prefer my pizza thin crusted, with bacon, pepperoni and onion.

The weirdest pizza I have ever made was when I worked in a pizza/sub shop in Maine. A customer ordered a hot dog pizza. Now mind you, not the brown hot dogs, but the red ones you can only get in New England. I just had to try it myself. It was pretty good.

Tink&Goofy
09-28-2007, 12:23 AM
My favorite is vegetarian pizza (no, I'm not a vegetarian). I love tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, etc. I even like the gourmet feta cheese, spinach and tomato!
Next favorite is barbeque chicken. Godfathers is really good - they use BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce - Yummy!

I can't stand the really thin crust. Gotta have some meat to it (pardon the pun!:D).

I never understood the Taco pizzas - do you really like lettuce on top of a pizza??

BrerGnat
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Wow, no one has mentioned BBQ Chicken Pizza? Is this just a weird "California" thing? I like a GOOD BBQ chicken pizza. By that, I mean it MUST have only the following ingedients (actual BBQ chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, smoked gouda cheese, BBQ sauce, RED onions, and lots of fresh cilantro. That's it!)

1. Anyway, my favorite type of pizza is NY Style thin crust plain cheese (from my days growing up in NJ). If I get toppings, I love pepperoni, sausage, and onions.

2. I don't "dip" my pizza. I will drizzle a Papa John's pizza lightly with the garlic butter sauce, and I will drizzle BBQ sauce over a BBQ chicken pizza.

DessertDivaFL
09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=ldn324;1430377]I'm totally, 100% a pizza purist. My perfect pie is NY style with San Marzano tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella (not the bagged stuff) and fresh basil leaves - pizza Margarita. That's it - nothing else. Pure perfection :cloud9:QUOTE]

DITTO! Love Margarita Pizza! Wolfgang Puck's at DTD makes an awesome pizza!

ldn324
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Wolfgang Puck's at DTD makes an awesome pizza!

Thanks for that tip! I will have to try WP's as it's terribly hard to get a good pie once you step foot out of the tri-state NY/NJ/PA area.

We have family that lives in ME and it's so funny to us what is considered pizza there. It's like cardboard with ketchup - LOL!

Surprised no one has mentioned Old Forge Pizza yet too. We live just about 45 minutes from the Scranton area and just tried this style of pizza last year. It's surprisingly good. It's served as a "tray" and not as a pie. Some places even serve it on those plastic lunch trays. Sort of like Sicilian style, but not as thick. Usually cut into square slices. Don't get me wrong, I'm still NY style all the way, but the Old Forge style is not bad.

Oh, and a truly proper pie needs no dipping sauce, maybe just a little bit of "shakies" - garlic salt, oregano, red pepper flakes. :thumbsup:

Lombardi's in NYC does have a strange pie - the clam pie. It's like a garlic sauce with clams on it. I've had it and it' s not bad. Still gonna go with the Margarita for pure perfection though.

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Next favorite is barbeque chicken. Godfathers is really good - they use BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce - Yummy!

I never understood the Taco pizzas - do you really like lettuce on top of a pizza??

YOU STILL HAVE A GODFATHERS????:jaw::envy:
Ours closed YEARS ago! And I miss it sooooo much.. in fact, last weekend me and a friend were actually talking about Godfathers and how awesome their pizza was...

And yes, I really do like lettuce on top of my pizza... think of it as an open faced taco.. or an open faced cheeseburger if you do a cheeseburger pizza!

DNS
09-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I like just cheese pizza best, but when I want toppings I like green olives, onion, mushrooms and mild peppers. And more green olives.

No dipping, ever.

A former co-worker used to get bacon on her pizza. Probably many won't think that is odd, but I thought it was a bit unusual.

DisneyDudet
09-28-2007, 06:03 PM

Don't think of it as pizza with lettuce, but it has meat, and anything like a taco salad. Its not like it has tomato sauce and stuff like that. It is pretty good, esp with a super thin crust.

Wow, I never thought this thread would be this popular!

I like this!

chicade88
09-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I like Domino's Chicken Kickers Pizza. It has ranch instead of marinara with Buffalo Chicken Kickers on top. Yummy!

DisneyAddict62
09-29-2007, 07:46 PM
We own a Pizza Joe's franchise :pizza:(they just opened one in Kissimme if anyone is close by!:)) and we do get some strange requests sometimes!

My favorite is a white pizza with hot peppers and bacon or the buffalo chicken pizza. Actually, I'll take BBQ sause and hot sauce with the chicken :tasty:!

No dipping!

Strangest would be a customer who orders spinach and potatoes and absolutely no cheese and lots of garlic spices! I don't know how they eat it without everything falling off with no cheese to hold it on there!:confused: And anchovies just gross me out, I make DH make those ones!:sick:

January-2007
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
DH and I both like mushrooms and pineapple, and I also like tomatoes and black olives. I've been making our pizza from scratch lately, I make whole wheat dough that's pretty good. I don't like really thin thin crusts and I don't see the whole folding thing as having any appeal. We don't dip. And Ci Ci's pizza? Every time we've gone there it's made us sick, we have vowed to never return. They have plenty of them here in Maryland, all around. Yuck. I really like the cheese pizza at Sam's Club and Costco. And I just love the individual cheese pizzas at Pop Century!