PDA

View Full Version : Reviews--Kona, Boma, Concourse, Cali Grill

awaggett
09-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Just got back from a long weekend at the World and wanted to review our dining choices--hope this helps folks in their decision-making process. All in all, we had an AWESOME trip--really, not a thing could have gone better!

Kona Cafe: breakfast--great breakfast. Seated shortly after ADR (we were a few minutes late), had the Kona Coffee--yummy. I had the Tonga Toast and now understand what everyone has been writing about--WOW. My sister had the Macademia Nut Pancakes--another WOW! Will definitely go back.

BOMA: dinner. Always one of our favorites--loved everything--the prime rib was the best I've had. Also, it was rib night--nothing is better!

Concourse Steakhouse: breakfast. No ADR, but had read about the Sticky Mickeys and decided to try it out. Great place, would definitely go back (while it is still there!). The Sticky Mickey was great!

California Grill: Another one of our faves--I eat here when traveling to Orlando for work--so, several times a year. It was my birthday and they went all out. Definite Highlight of the trip! I had the pork tenderloin, my sister had the gnocchi, both excellent. Only "bummer", they were out of the pineapple dessert--it just made us have the chocolate lava cake!

Counterservice: Hotdogs at Casey's, Dole whip float, popcorn, nachos in Mexico, soft pretzels in Germany, pastries in France, candy on Main Street, funnel cakes. All awesome!

Lessie
09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a lot of good choices! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

tomorrowschild
09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Sounds great! We are thinking of trying Cali Grill on our next trip. We love Boma to!

MinnieMommie
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM
yummy - sounds awsome. What is rib night? :mickey:

MinnieMommie
09-25-2007, 07:34 PM
yummy - sounds awsome. What is rib night? :mickey:

Sorry - read your post too fast. I thought you said rib night at Kona (which I am unfamiliar with) but you said Boma (which I am familiar with). :mickey:

Jared
09-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions. Glad to hear you had some great dining experiences!

:tasty:

mrsgaribaldi
09-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Sounds delicious:thumbsup:
California Grill is my favorite:mickey:I've never been to any of the others :secret: