PDA

View Full Version : Best moderate for kids in December?

Disneyatic
09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Which moderate would you recommend for kids? We are looking at a December stay.
DD will be 9 and we are taking a friend that will be 9 or 10.

I don't know much about the mods and am wondering if any of them have fun themes or other stuff or kids??

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I've only been to POR and POFQ, so I'm a little biased, but DD loved POFQ...so much so that when we offered Wilderness Lodge for our next trip, she insisted that we go back to FQ!

She liked the pool, the slide...I liked that it was small, so we didn't have to walk a lot to get around.

She's 9 too, and although I don't think she really "got" all of the theming, she loved the brightness of the decorations!

bjlaac
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
All of the Mods are great. Here is my opinion

Coranado Springs is more of an adult atmoshere.

Carribean beach is great because of the lake activity (e.g. boat or bike rentals) but it can be a long walk to the food court if you are in certain buildings.

Port Orleans Riverside has beuatiful complexes but like Carrbean beach can be a long walk to the food court.

Port Orleans French Quarters is a little closer and has a wonderful dragon slide in their pool.

Hope this helps

KarenP
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I would recommend any of the moderates for kids. You might want to take a look at pictures and see which theming appeals most to you.

If you plan on doing any swimming, lots of younger kids really like French Quarter with the dragon slde at the pool. Older kids seem to like the pool at Coronado Springs best since it has the longest slide.

Have fun choosing!

boden
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
They are all great, but my vote would be POR or PORFQ. My kids love the grounds, pool, & foodcourts there.