PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: LTT 09.22.07

septembergirl
09-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

The kids were worn out this day and wanted to leave MK and go back to the resort so DH and I settled them in with pizza delivery (which they all seemed to enjoy, especially DS14) and headed back to MK for a glorious 2 hours alone! No stroller, no bag - we traveled as light as we could. It was unfortunate that this was the night of the LTT character ADR but we went on without them after catching HM and grabbing a FP for SpaceM.
This was another ADR I was unsure about but we really enjoyed the food. Nothing special but very satisfying. It didn't hurt that we were really hungry either. We didn't get much character interaction although they all came over but Pluto who was really hamming it up at other tables. It was okay though since we didn't have the kids, we just wanted to watch. Our server was really nice but I am pretty sure he forgot us a couple of times. He seemed overwhelmed with his larger groups. People all around us were getting their food before us which wasn't such a big deal except we were trying to get back to SpaceM before closing. We loved the apple cobbler and I thought the green beans were yummy. I skipped the mac and cheese but DH seemed to enjoy it. Everything else was good and we would go back to take the kids as I think they would enjoy it too. It was themed well and fun for everybody. We really enjoyed the atmosphere.
I have one complaint though. For some reason, I don't care for the big plastic head characers though. They're a little creepy to me and I noticed several kids were put off by Goofy especially. Chip and Dale were cute. I think I finally have them straight now. Of course, they have furry heads - not plastic...:dale::chip:

SBETigg
09-25-2007, 06:13 AM
I've never tried LTT but this is in keeping with my impression of it. Thanks for the review. Did you make it back to Space Mountain?

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I LOVED LTT when we went. But I'm a big fan of Thanksgiving so that might be why. Maybe you hit an off night with the characters cause when we were there (without kids) they were wonderful with us and very playful (esp. Chip and Dale)... I agree with you on the green beans - they were wonderful! And I do remember them having to bring us another serving of them, AND the mac and cheese - which we thought was wonderful! Thanks for sharing your review!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
We love LTT, and are glad you had a good time.

We know that the food is going to be good, something everyone likes, and that the characters are going to be better than average. DD loves Dale, so for us it is perfect!

SurferStitch
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Glad you enjoyed!

DH and I love LTT...It has become a must-do for us. It's one of our favorite in-park restaurants.

We don't have kids yet, and we always get great character interaction. Last December, Chip, Dale and Goofy really spent a lot of time at our table, and we got some great pictures.

We love the food. Good, basic homestyle cooking, and very, very tasty. The mac-n-cheese is awesome, as is the stuffing. I love to carb out when I'm there!

We are dining there on 12/11, before MVMCP again, and I can't wait!!

NJGIRL
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
We really like the Liberty Tree Tavern but we always go for lunch. IMO it's a nice place to relax, cool off and have some good food.