PDA

View Full Version : Brother and I trip report Day 2

glenpreece
09-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Today we were up bright and early. I think I set the alarm for 7am but I was awake early so I got up and got cleaned up and headed into Pop to get our bfast. The food court was dead. I wasn't 7am so i guess that was why. 2 bfast platters and 4 drinks. apparently if you use a CS cred for bfast you get 2 drinks. Cool. So when I got back to the room Adam was in the shower. We ate he wasn't too thrilled with bfast. I personally like having a decent filling bfast and a lighter lunch but oh well.

Off to the AK bus. We were there in no time first in line for the turnstiles. Baloo and King Louie came out and since I made Adam wear the Baloo shirt I got him I made him get his pic done with them! Our first chracters of the week!!! So they let us into the park at 8:45am with the help of 2 little girls from Vancouver (there were so many fellow Canadians) and the held by the rope in front of the Tree of Life for the morning show tih Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Mickey. After that the rope proceeded into Asia to Everst. But we ducked into the Dino area and across the water by the Nemo thatre to just beat the crowd to Everest. It was so funny to see this mass of people coming at us while I was walking up to the FP machine!!!

We got our FP's and then headed for Dinosaur. I used to like this ride until I sat in the front row with my parents. I haven't rode it since. so I did it for Adam. I plugged my ears and watched it. Much better without the extremely loud roars etc. Being in the back row also helped too. We got some drinks by Dino Rama and looked in the little shop. adam got some shark teeth I think. Now it was time for Everest. Back we go and we were on in less than 5 mins. Adam and I both loved this ride. Everything was working properly and the drop seemed even better this time. we hopped into the single rider line and di it again, we even managed to get the same train.

We got off and headed over to the Safari. I personally could care less. If I want to see animals i'll got to the Toronto Zoo. But I did it for Adam. This was a long hot wait. We got on eventually but we got the right side so we didn't get to take very good pics and the girls beside us had very large bottoms and were taking up more than half the bench. Adam and I are not skinny by any means but we atleast try to squeeze together and take up as little space as possible. So after we did the Safari we were going to do Bug's Life but it was a 20 min wait so we saved it for later.

We headed back to Pop just as the park started getting really busy and really really really hot. Adam got a mug and we changed and headed to DTD. Today was the first day of paving at the Marketplace Bus Depot so we were only getting dropped off and picked up at the PI bus stop. We went to DQ and I had a piece of cheesecake at the cheeseacake factory for lunch. We did the POTC, JC, Alien, Comix, Cyber Mountain and Buzz Lightyear bumper cars. We did Buzz 3 or 4 times I can't remember. By the last time I was laughing so hard I could barely see. We kept "destroying people" as Adam said. Other people would load their car with balls and so we did too. Adam would drive and ram and I would fire the cannon. It was so funny. I had to get him to give it up. we had to head back to Poly for dinner.

As we were about to leave DQ it started to pour. we looked around the shop and then put on our ponchos and headed to the Poly. We had and ressie for Kona my fav restaurant on property. I had (8 huge) wings and Mahi Mahi. Adam had wings and shrimp and scallops. He was disapointed with his portion but I was too full to eat dessert. He had the creme brulée which looked good. after dubber we took the monorail to MK.

This is where a theme song came in. Everytime we borught up the monorail we'd start to sing the monrail song from Simpsons. It was funny, even on the way home I kept singing it .

EMH at MK was pretty good. We did the teacups, IASW, HM, Speedway and POTC. Adam got the teacup going so fast!!! It was hilarious. Whe we did the speedway Adam was in the mood to slam into me or to get me to slam into him. I was put in front of him but hopped over to the other row where there was cars pulling in. A CM asked me where I was originally I told her and said I didn't want to be in front of my brother. So told me to get back over to my original spot since this row was closed. I said I ddin't want to cause he was going to slam into me and she told me to ride behind him and told hewr he was going to stop short and make me hit him. She just kept telling me to go back over. Then a guy CM came over who had been listening and just asked me to move up to the next car in the row I was now in. No prob and off I went. I got back before Adam and he did tell me he did end up hitting the guy in front of him. Adam had the bumper bug from Buzz at DQ today.

After that ride it was time to go back to Pop. The bus was packed and we had to wait 30mins or so before we got on a bus. They finally got someting right. They had someone with a walkie talkie to call more buses to our stop. Then they had one bus load the handicapped etc. and the other load up the other people.

As for the HM refurb I just want to say they did a great job. I love all the new additions. They need more HM merchandise though. I did manage to get all of the new ltd ed pins even though they were sold out in many places I did find them all.

Next up Day 3 Epcot, TL and MK.

faline
09-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Glad you had an enjoyable day!