diznee_buzz
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Cast:
Me - 32; loves Disney
DH - 33; pretends he doesn't, but he really does
DS - 3; loves Disney just like his mom
DG - "Gammy" - 57; my mom
DP - "Poppy" - 66; my dad

Well, DH, DS and I are leaving tomorrow around noon. The original plan was to leave after work around 7pm and drive to the Florida/Georgia line, then complete the trip on Wednesday morning. But, as we got closer to the trip, we decided to leave early and just drive the whole way. We got a room at ASMo the first night. This way, we can start off our day Wednesday already in the World. :mickey: My parents are still driving half-way Tuesday night and meeting up with us on Wednesday to check into the Poly for 4 nights.

Our plans are to go to MK and DS on Wednesday, Epcot on Thursday, AK on Friday, and MNSSHP on Friday night. We will leave Saturday open to cover anything we didn't get to do the days before (oh, and to watch some college football - both my team and DH's team have big games that day). We will end with Little Ones Magic Hour at MK before leaving to drive home on Sunday.

We have ADRs for Kona Cafe Thursday am, California Grill Thursday pm (just me and DH - Gammy & Poppy are taking DS for the night!) :wine:, and Ohanas Saturday am. We're not much for spending alot of time in the restaurants - we will need lots of downtime at the hotel for DS, so we try to not take up too much time at table service restaurants.

I'm really concentrating on the characters this time around. DS is old enough to know who they all are and not really be afraid of them. We've done character meals before, but he is excited about seeing characters in the park - especially all the Pixar characters at DS. We also need to see the Stars & Cars Parade.

I'm worried about the weather. I don't mind pop-up thunderstorms here and there, but it looks like it may rain most of the time we are there. I hope this doesn't dampen our character meet 'n greets. :(

All in all - I am very excited - like so many of you have pointed out - being in Disney in the rain is better than being at work!:thumbsup:

I will post my full report when I return.

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Have a great trip.

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Hope you have a safe and magical trip! Sounds like a good plan! Looking forward to your report!

faline
09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
What fun you have in store!

You get a nice mixture of family time as well as adult time for you and your husband!

ChipnDaleGal
09-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I hope that your drive down went well and you getting ready for your first fun day! :mickey: