Thats it...BACK TO DISNEY WORLD! Day 3

Dates:
September 17-21, 2007

Resort:
Pop Century

Cast:
Me (Chris) - 24 yrs, WDW Crazy
Mom (Jane) - older than me, loves Splash Mtn

We woke up with the usual wakeup call...Stitch got cut off again, who knows why that happens..but the music that was playing before that for like 2-3 seconds I recognized, and had the phone on speaker. First words out of my mouth were "Test Track theme". My mom opened her eyes and stared at me..saying, "how the heck did you know that?!" Haha..obsessed? No way.:blush:

Took our time getting up..me, moreso than Mom did. Had a cinnomin bun at the resort food court. We then went to the AK and headed straight for another one of my Mom's favorites...ITTBAB...such a great 3D show, but my mom said when the wasp 'stung' her..it kinda hurt! I hate the spiders that come from above..so I just dont look at them..haha.

We went to the KS and pretty much walked right on it..a cast member came up to us and said 'how many in your party'...we werent even at the big lineup for the ride yet..and we said 2, then she told us to follow her - we were whisked right on to the front of one of the cars that were leaving..it was pretty amazing! Saw lots of animals..and I finally noticed the bird island being mickey shaped :thumbsup: its so obvious to me now! Thanks to Intercot for that tip!

The line for Nemo's musical was a bit too much, and then we heard it was sold out so we decided to skip out on it this trip, and check it out whenever the next visit is (see my signature for an idea of that!). We walked down some trails and saw the silverback gorillas...such an awesome site - and you could really tell that the ape liked the attention he was getting...got some good video footage of him...and Mom got good pics too.

It was finally time for a 10 minute lineup for EE! I was excited, my Mom was nervous, but I told her it wasn't too bad. We got on close to the front, and when we got off Mom was feeling a bit wousy...she said she felt light-headed...after a couple of minutes she was back to 100% but said she wouldn't ride it again. She wanted to take a few mins to catch her breathe and suggested I ride it one more time...which I did, and basically walked on it this time (strange how some times you go and there is NO line, then you wanna go right back on, and its backed up for like 15 mins..how does that work?!).

I stood in a lineup for PrimeEvil Whirl...didn't care too much for it..and I still dont care too much for that whole Dino-Land area...but lets save that for another thread ;). We rode Dinosaur! which was lots of fun, but still creeps me out.

It was time for lunch, and my Mom treated me to the Rain Forest Cafe..great meal! Had the crab cake burger and fries, and so did my mom. Loved the raspberry iced tea too.

After this, it was off to MGM Studios where we did more Tower, caught the Indiana Stunt Spectacular, more Tower, then Star Tours because it is my Dad's favorite ride...watched the Beauty and the Beast stage show..the opening bit with the acapella stage hands is worth it, alone!

Then we went to..Catastrophe Canyon..and..thanks to all of you Intercotees...I got the guts to ask a cast member if I could volunteer! She said they were JUST looking for volunteers, and she yelled for other cast members to bring me backstage...I was SOOOOO happy! And excited! The other 3 volunteers hadn't seen the show before and were a bit shy. A cast member asked us who wants to do the least amount of work, and right away it registered that thats the one with all the water poured on you. My hand shot up quick, and after a few instructions we were brought to the stage, and the director calls action...and I get 800 gallons of water dumped on me! It was the best experience, my Mom said I actually disappeared in the water for a bit! But there is an awesome pic she took of the second load of water coming through the grates at me, its hilarious! Such an awesome time - and thanks to all of you who helped me on how to volunteer!:thumbsup:

Walked past Star Tours and saw the line just close for Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper that were signing autographs! That was a first for me. But I got a pic of them.

It was later in the evening and Fantasmic! was at 8pm..after yet another ride at ToT...where I bought one of those Hollywood Tower Hotel Bathrobes!!!!, we went to the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre for 7:15 and had centre seats for Fantasmic!. It was the 2nd time we caught it but it was totally worth it - I LOVE that show!

After Fantasmic! the park was closed, we went back to POP and had a couple burgers, then sat at Classic Concocctions for an hour and had a beverage :marg: then after that it was off to the Hippy Dippy Pool for an evening swim..by the time we got out it was just after midnight..we crashed the second our heads hit the pillows..but it was another great day in The World!

Oh yes and...I wore my new Intercot shirt all day! :cool:

COMING UP NEXT: Our last full day in The World!

Chris :hatter: and Mom :tigger:

faline
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Did you find any other Intercotees while you had your shirt on?

Great touring!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Never found any other Intercotees! :( but I kept thinking there had to be some people that recognized the shirt but just didn't say anything :secret:. I actually wore it for 1.5 days in total, really hoping people would notice or say something. Ah well..maybe next time!

Chris :hatter:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
My Mom re-read this and noted that we also did Muppets one more time because she liked it!

Mom :tigger:

dolphinmickey9170
10-02-2007, 03:44 PM
What a great day. I wish I could get my mom to go with me!!! Thanks for sharing.

Bethis26fan
10-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Sounds like another great day.

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pdrlkr
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: