PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Betty CANCELED

ncscgirl2005
09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Is there anyone anticipating the return of Ugly Betty? Last season sort of lost me but I am interested to see what happend to Daniel and Alexis. Anyhoo, Mark and Amanda are by far my FAVORITE characters. Their chemistry is incredible---oh soooo funny together. I love Justin too. I think there was a twist at the end when the guy (darn, forgot his name too) was shot. Oh well, guess I will be tuning in to see.

Melanie
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I cannot wait! Love this show! I thought the finale was really sad. :( Poor Hilda can't catch a break.

Mark and Amanda crack me up as well. Love when they are up to their antics. I didn't see Walter on the ad for the upcoming season, so hopefully he's not around much. He bugs me.

ncscgirl2005
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't like Walter. Gosh, what a geek!

2Epcot
09-24-2007, 09:29 PM
When the show started I wasn't planning on watching, but one of my coworkers had it on tape so I watched it and actually liked it. It's an entertaining show, and better then many that are on now.

NotaGeek
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I LOVE Ugly Betty! I always laugh, there's cute boys and a great message behind the madness!

Melanie
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
a great message behind the madness!

Exactly. I love that about it. :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
09-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I watched the reruns this summer and got hooked. Can't wait til the new season starts this week !

Mary Poppins
09-26-2007, 01:44 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!

Mark and Amanda are hilarious!! I've been looking forward to the new season all month. I'll be watching with my bag of pop corn :popcorn: :)

conorsmom2000
09-26-2007, 07:42 AM
I love Ugly Betty!! But, I also thought the finale was very sad. :( But, I too think Mark and Amanda are a riot - I can't wait to see the first episode this season! :thumbsup:

Melanie
09-26-2007, 08:07 AM
I too think Mark and Amanda are a riot

I think my favorite episode with them was the Thanksgiving one where they sneaked into Wilhelmina's office to watch the Macy's parade. Too darn funny!!!

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Can't wait. Ugly Betty at 6, CSI at 7 then Grey's at 8- what an exciting night of TV.:thumbsup:

ncscgirl2005
10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Ugly Betty was sooo funny last night. Mark was hilarious when he screamed when he first saw Wilamina's new bodyguard. I started laughing so hard that I was crying.

I didn't know her and Rick Fox still have a relationship where they can stand to be in the same room with each other without the kids. That was interesting to see ex's play secret lovers.

GusNJacque
10-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Ugly Betty is definately my escape. I look forward to it each week.

I did not realize that was Vanessa's ex. How cool is that--they can work together!

The hidden messages are definately the best. I love that they celebrate the seasons too. Wonder if they will do a Halloween episode this year.

conorsmom2000
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I unexpectedly missed last nights episode - so I didn't even have the DVR set! :( Can anyone fill me in on what happened?? :mickey:

AdventurerKim
10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I love this show and America Ferrera! I've loved her since "Real Women Wear Curves" came out. I do like Mark and Amanda's conspiring! :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
10-05-2007, 04:10 PM
:yay: ME! I love Ugly Betty! My favorite character is Justin, but I think Marc and Amanda are hilarious too. Definately one of the best shows on tv.

NotaGeek
11-02-2007, 01:28 AM
:clappy:

OMG! Too funny, and what a great Ugly Betty/Wicked episode tonight!

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 02:57 PM

I am so upset that I didn't start watching this show last season. I think I am going to get the DVD's for Season One and then try to catch up on Season Two in re-runs this summer. There is so much positive buzz on this show. You and Mel both rave so I know it has to be wonderful.

Carol
11-03-2007, 07:06 AM
I am so upset that I didn't start watching this show last season. I just started watching this season, Donna. I don't feel lost at all.

Having seen Wicked on Broadway - this last episode was amazing!!!!!

ChipnDaleGal
11-03-2007, 08:36 AM
I just started watching this season, Donna. I don't feel lost at all.

Having seen Wicked on Broadway - this last episode was amazing!!!!!

Thanks for telling me that Carol. I still want to watch season one, but maybe I will start recording season two into my dvr now.

2Epcot
11-04-2007, 01:10 AM

I just caught up on the last two episodes of Ugly Betty on my DVR that I missed while I was away. I also enjoyed the Wicked episode. I've been wanting to go see this show for a while, especially after hearing the music. I told my wife we need to go see it.

bleukarma
11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
This show is so funny, my two favs are also Amanda and Marc! Marc's one liners make the show!!! For some reason I forgot about this show at the begining of the season (I got a new tivo and I forgot to add Ugly Betty to my season pass list) so I'm a little upset that I didn't see the first few episodes but I've been able to catch up in the last few.

I'm sad that Justin's dad got killed, I thought he looked good!! I always looked forward to him dropping by!

DizNee143
11-13-2007, 12:20 PM
i missed last weeks episode...and of course i really wanted to see this one..but i was in disney..so i have a great excuse...but what happened..it was the wedding right?...can someone fill me in on the episode so im not lost this week..thanx!! :mickey:

NotaGeek
11-13-2007, 12:38 PM
You can watch past episodes of this season's Ugly Betty at ABC Online (http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?lid=ABCCOMGlobalMenu&lpos=FEP) -- with less commercials!

NotaGeek
01-18-2008, 03:06 AM
:laughing:

OMG tonight's episode of Ugly Betty was HYSTERICAL!

DizNee143
01-18-2008, 09:31 AM
lol..i totally have to agree!!!
cant wait for next week!!
i cant believe christina went through with the whole baby making thing!

ncscgirl2005
01-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Uggghhhh!!!!! :mad:

My TV schedule is completely off (those darn reality shows got me all messed up in the head).

So Betty is back on now? I don't even think I finished the last season out completely. Some fan I am huh? :(

Guess I will be watching online.

Melanie
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM
From E! Online

ABC Cancels Ugly Betty (Amanda and Marc, We'll Miss You Most of All)

It had such potential, but potential does not success make, and so ABC has canceled Ugly Betty after four seasons. The network has also cut back this season's episode order from 22 hours to 20.

ABC boss Steve McPherson and Betty show runner Silvio Horta released a joint statement explaining the call: "We've mutually come to the difficult decision to make this Ugly Betty's final season, and are announcing now as we want to allow the show ample time to write a satisfying conclusion. We are extremely proud of this groundbreaking series, and felt it was important to give the fans a proper farewell."

NotaGeek
01-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh man. I knew this was going to happen ... the show plot got weird, they started making Betty more glamorous ... and then the big switch of nights happened ... its too bad that shows like this can't just keep being funny instead of getting so full of themselves. :(

Melanie
01-28-2010, 06:44 AM
I agree. I really loved seasons 1 and 2, and then it just went downhill and I lost interest.

DizneyRox
01-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Isn't it SOP for Disney to do about 4 seasons? Enough to get into syndication and also avoid a possible contract negotiation that would increase the actors pay?

Syndication is where they make their money, since it's all licensing, no additional production costs.

missymouseworld
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Does anyone hope Betty winds up with Daniel?

missymouseworld
04-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Last night was the final episode....BYE, BYE BETTY!

DizNee143
04-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Last night was the final episode....BYE, BYE BETTY!

how was it?
how did they end it?

i stopped watching last year..the night changes messed me up and i kinda lost interest..but id still like to know what happened! :D

missymouseworld
04-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Let's see if I can wrap it up in a nutshell.........
Betty was offered an editor-in-chief's job in London, took the job and Daniel decided he didn't want to lose her and gave the editor-in-chief's job at MODE to Willy and followed Betty to London. Hildy got married and moved to Manhattan with her son and Bobby. Betty's father stayed put. Amanda found her real dad and Marc is going to get a better position at MODE with Willy as the boss.