PDA

View Full Version : Honey There’s Free Dining Again This Sept. Day 7

ariel03
09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Day 7
9/17/07
MGM Studios

This morning we where up, breakfast, and out the door by 8:00am. We arrived at MGM Studios just as it was opening and headed right over to our favorite ride here the Tower of Terror and got a fastpass for it. We rode it standby and once we finished our fastpasses where up and ready to use so we went for a second round in the tower. Next we headed to the voyage of the little mermaid. My mom missed seeing this last year so it was on the top of our must dos. I love this show and so did my mom. We where hoping that the animation class was open but it was still to early so we headed to the backlot express to get some lunch as it was 11:00 and we where getting hungry. We got there to find we still had a half hour until they opened so I decided to let my mom experience the worst Disney attraction they have on property. Sound Dangerous. Yes I put my mom thru it and she agrees with everyone. What a waste of space. So after our show it was finally time for lunch. DH and I both had the double cheeseburger. One with cheesecake the other with a frozen coke. My mom had the grilled turkey and cheese minus the cheese w/ the strawberry parfiet. After our lunch we made our way to see the Muppets (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07087.jpg). DH and I know this show from heart as we play the audio from it all the time on my Ipod. Next we hit honey I shrunk the kids play area to show my mom what it was all about. Looked like they where doing some rehab on it as a section was walled off. After that we started heading out of MGM as we had seen everything we wanted to in the park but we made a stop to pick up a star wars stitch pin that DH had eyed up at DTD earlier. We headed back to the resort for a break and for DH to go thru his pins as he was getting down to the last few he wanted to trade anymore. Poor DH LOL. After our break we headed back to DTD and found out along the way that the marketplace bus stop (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07116.jpg) would be closed until the end of the month so we would be dropped off and picked up only at the Westside bus stop. So we had a long walk to Ghirardelli where DH had seen some chocolates on sale earlier in the week and wanted to pick up his mom some. After that my mom wanted to get some last bit of shopping in as we would be leaving tomorrow. So we headed back to the World of Disney. She ended up buying two shirts for herself. Now that our shopping sprees where over we headed back to the resort to drop off our spoils. DH ran our things back to the room as Mom and I went on a search for locking pin backs for DH. Sadly they where out of them at our resort so we had to look for them back at MGM. Since we had time before our ADR we went on a hunt for the locking pin backs. The first place we looked was the big pin place under the Mickey hat and they said they where out too. So they sent us over to a little stand at the end of the tower of terror street. Luckly they had them and DH put them on the pin set he had almost completed by pin trading. It was now about an hour from our ADR and DH wanted to check in like we did at le cellar but the when DH ask the server if it was to early to check in she was like, uh yea! So we took the time and sat outside the restaurant just people watching. DH got tired of waiting (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07117.jpg) and went off pin trading again trying to find the last pin to complete his collection of hidden Mickey transportation pins. After a few times of him coming and going he finally came back very happy with himself. He had finally completed his set. So all his pins got the locking pin backs and became a major piece that he talked about to all the cast members he traded with. Finally it was time for us to check into our ADR The wait wasn’t to bad but the place you wait in is pretty small and they don’t give out buzzers so you can’t go far or you will miss your name being called. We had Aunt Tracy Sue as our waiter. I have to say the food there was very good we will be returning for the food but our waiter took forever in getting our food out to us and kept forgetting to give us straws for our smoothies so she had to end up getting us new ones as they had melted before we could enjoy them. I enjoyed the the Cesar salad, pot roast and the dads sundae, DH had the fried herb cheese which he still talks about, Steak w/ corn, and the make your own sundae. Mom had the Caser salad, the meatloaf, and just a plain brownie for dessert. After dinner we headed back to the Tower of Terror and rode it two more times in a row before lining up for the second showing of Fantasmic. After Fantasmic we tried to get in another ride of tower but seemed everyone had that idea as it we evening EMH and the line grew quickly so we skip that idea and walked out to the buses. The line for the buses were not horrible but we sat on the bench near our bus stop and waited for the lines to go down and then hoped in line and right on a bus back to our resort.

Next Day 8 - Departure Day (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116481)

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Congrats to your dh for getting his pin set complete! :D Another fun and busy day for you guys! Sounds like you guys have had a great trip - one full of some wonderful memories! I've enjoyed reading your reports!

tomorrowschild
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
WOW, I am so impressed with your mom. It is amazing how she was able to eat so healthy on your trip.. congrats to her on her weight loss...what an inspiration!:clappy:

cal5755
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
So much fun!! But I have to say we liked DC lol! My DD4 thought it was a riot!

faline
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Kudos to your husband on completing his pin set!

Bethis26fan
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for sharing.

ariel03
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my report everyone.:mickey: