PDA

View Full Version : Honey There’s Free Dining Again This Sept. Day 6

ariel03
09-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Day 6
9/16/07
Extra Park Day / transportation debacle

Today was our Kona Café breakfast day. We had an ADR for 10:40 so I planned to leave the resort at 9:30 as to have enough time for travel and to explore the poly before our ADR. Well you can guess that didn’t go as planned. When we left our room and made it out to the buses all the stops had really long lines cause it was a Sunday except for Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom. So if figured we would hop on that line and get off at Blizzard Beach then catch a bus to poly. Bad Idea! We got off at Blizzard Beach and ended up wait over an hour for a bus to the poly. So this is what happened. After a half hour of waiting DH and I went to guest services to let them know we have been waiting for a half hour with no bus picking up. They told us they where sorry and made a call over for us. Happy we would be getting a bus soon we walked back to the bus stop. Where we waited and waited and waited and still no bus. OK?! So My Mom, DH and I start stopping all the buses dropping off asking if they could take us to the poly and they all said no that they where only dropping off but will call it in for us that we are waiting. OK again?! Getting more upset. More then a half hour passes when finally a bus for the poly comes and it is one of the same bus drivers that refused to pick us up earlier. His comment was “ your still here?” GRRRR I have never had such horrible transportation problems that it took so long to get from one place to another. In the end we ended up an hour late for our ADR at Kona. They almost didn’t seat us cause we where so late which angered me more. I asked the bus driver who do I complain to and he said to my resort manager so I made sure we would, but first we where all starving as we had yet to eat anything that day and DH was about to throw a fit he was so hungry. I am happy to say that finally eating did lighten our moods as we where starving but I was still upset more so then the rest of the family. So after our breakfast we made our way back to Pop without a problem and lined up to talk with the resort manager. I feel kinda sorry for this guy as it seemed he was trying to make things right but had no clue on who to talk to so he got a lot of the run around from the transportation people. Finally he got a hold of someone who would talk to me and I explained what happened. He apologized and offered to take care of my transportation issues for the rest of the trip but seeing that we where only there for two more days didn’t seem like enough. So DH asked what could he do for our next trip. He ask when that was and we told him we booked the bounce back for next year. He said that was to far out and that he couldn’t do anything that far so I asked if there was something that the resort could do. He told me he would have to talk with them so I handed the phone back to the manager and they talked. They where willing to give me one night off each room. Which we accepted. The manager said that he would take care of it and we where off. I still am waiting for the refund to show up on my credit card and I do plan to write a letter if it takes over a month to receive it. I have heard of those still waiting for refunds and don’t want to fall into that category. So now that that problem was taken care of it was off to the MK where we had planed to go after Kona café but was detoured after our transportation problem. Oh the guy I talked to gave me a number to use if I had to wait more then 25 min for a bus again since they are supposed to run every 20min. He said it was a direct line to transportation so I wouldn’t have to use guest relations again.
Here is the number: 407-824-7092
I didn’t have to use it so I hope it is a valid number for them but I figured it may help some of you in the future. Now that we finally made it back to the magic kingdom we went and grabbed our EMH wristbands and went to watch the parade we missed the other day and I got a nice pic of jiminy (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07097.jpg) for my mom too. After the parade we rode the riverboat and then went on tom sawyers island to show my mom around it. DH tried scaring my mom in the caves but it never worked. LOL finally it was getting close to our ADR for Bomas so we headed out of the MK and made our way over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Mom and I stayed here last year for our land and sea cruise. The last time Mom and I ate at Bomas she was a bad girl and had the creamy crab soup knowing well she can’t have milk products. Well she got sick. This time she avoided that soup and the waiter even had the chef come out and tell her what she could have that was safe for her to eat. Sadly thought I think Bomas was not for her. There must be some seasoning that they use in their food that just doesn’t agree with her. So it was my moms turn to get sick but it didn’t hit her until we had made it back to the MK so DH and I got to spend some time looking around the store next to the horse barn on mainstreet. Finally Mom feeling better we headed out into the park. We did another ride on the TTA. I like riding it during the day and night for the different views. Then we did Monsters inc laugh floor again and this time DH got picked to participate (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07103.jpg). He loved it so much. The monster had him think of a number with a finger to his head like an antenna and then put another one up so he had to antennas and now her looked line an alien or a monster LOL. They played off each other for a bit and the children in there where laughing like crazy. Saying do it again, do it again! DH was in heaven. After helping the monsters with their energy problems we made our way thru the mob that was heading to mainstreet for the fireworks as we headed to fantasyland to stake out a spot there. DH wanted to see it from that perspective and I had heard really good things about it so we found a seat by Dumbo. I have to say that fantasyland was very empty as everyone had moved to mainstreet. The fireworks from here where amazing. They where so close to you and all round you that you felt like you where watching a tennis match as you kept looking left to right to see the fireworks. I never realized that they set off fireworks right off next to the castle. It was very amazing. Finally it was time to call it a night and we had no problems leave the MK this night.

Next Day 7 - MGM Studios (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116480)

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, this time I'm sorry your mom got sick. Hopefully all of you got it all out of your systems.. and wow! What a headache with the transportation.. how horrible. I hope that refund comes thru for you!

tomorrowschild
09-24-2007, 04:56 PM
:mickey:I totally agree about the fireworks from behind the castle, they are amazing. You definately have to see them from infront of the castle once, but for a different and totally cool expereince Fantasyland is the way to go.
Thanks for the awsome trip reports, I am enjoying reading them.

cal5755
09-24-2007, 07:05 PM
We will have to watch the fireworks from FL next time we are there.. you made it sound like a wonderful experience!! So glad you ended your day on a magical note!

faline
09-25-2007, 09:04 AM
I think the free day on each of your two rooms more than makes up for the delay in bus service! Glad they took such good care of you!

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for sharing.

ariel03
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my report everyone.:mickey: