PDA

View Full Version : MK Christmas Day Parade...any new info?

streudel423
09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I have heard that the Christmas parade taping will probably be the first weekend in December, which would be Nov 30-Dec 2 this year. I have ALSO heard that it is always the first FULL weekend in December, which would be Deceber 7-10. Our trip falls between these dates, and I want to make sure we aren't schedule to be at Magic Kingdom when it'sbeing taped.

BTW, I have been on the phone trying to get info on the Christmas parade taping dates, and all I have put up with is RUDE phone CM's!! They are so ignorant about helping me, and when I ask where I can get more info, they literally just say, "I don't know." We have always had WONDERFUL experiences with CM's at the parks and resorts. What is with the customer service reps on the phone? Anyone else experience this?

diznedreamin
09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I too would like to know if anyone has heard any new info... I will be there Dec. 1-8! I originally had plans to go to MK on the first, after we arrived, but that might change :(
I know I shouldn't be upset (after all, I'll be in DISNEY!), but we start and end every trip with MK....It's home!:cloud9:

67 more days!!!:santa3::deer::sleigh:

DisneyKim22
09-24-2007, 07:55 PM
BTW, I have been on the phone trying to get info on the Christmas parade taping dates, and all I have put up with is RUDE phone CM's!! They are so ignorant about helping me, and when I ask where I can get more info, they literally just say, "I don't know." We have always had WONDERFUL experiences with CM's at the parks and resorts. What is with the customer service reps on the phone? Anyone else experience this?

I've been on the phone a lot lately making and/or changing ADRs, CP arrangements, tour arrangements, etc., and never encountered a rude CM. In fact, a couple of them gave me a lot more information than I even asked for. One asked me a bunch of questions to help me deterine another place for a celebration dinner when my first choice wasn't available. They've been great to me.

LoriMistress
09-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Normally, the past few years, the taping for the Christmas Parade is normally December 1st through 5th...depending on if there are any delays due to weather, etc.

TammiMcMan
09-25-2007, 09:48 PM
There is still nothing official yet, but I've heard from someone in one of the marching bands, that it will take place on December 1st. Typically, they will use the Sunday date for any missed shots or if there is bad weather.

I'm sorry that you've experienced some rude CM's on your quest for information, but sometimes they are the last ones to know anything "official". Hope that helps with your planning though.

PoohsGang
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Christmas Parade Filming ?

Anyone know when?

WDWfanatic742
09-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I believe they film the parade twice or different portions of the parade in two days. Last year it took place the first week of December I believe.

LoriMistress
09-26-2007, 09:04 PM
They usually film the parade normally around a 2-4 day time period. Disney has confirmed at least that they will be filming during the first week of December. They normally film it usually Dec 1st thru Dec 5th time frame. They'll probably announce it around November.