PDA

View Full Version : Honey There’s Free Dining Again This Sept. Day 4

ariel03
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Day 4
9/14/07
Free Day w/ Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf

Today was another free day for us so we planned on playing some mini golf at Fantasia Gardens with our free mini golf voucher. We took the bus to DTD where DH said he wanted to look at some pins at the pin store. After that we hopped a bus to the swan and walked over to Fantasia Gardens. The course was nice but DH and I both agreed that the winter Summerland course was nicer. My mom did get a hole in one on a very difficult hole which was really shocking! After our mini golf we took a seat and drank some water before heading back to the swan to catch a bus back to DTD. Right before we left my mom threw her bottle on the trash and happened to notice that there was a year of a million dreams resort mug in the trash. She tried getting it out with the golf club which was very entertaining. Finally I just opened the trash can door and found it was really two mugs. So now with our two free mugs we headed of the DTD. No we didn’t use them on the trip if that’s what your thinking. We took them home and washed them out quite a few times before using them. But hey at the cost of those mugs I was surprised anyone would throw them out. So home they went. We had lunch at Wolfgang puck express at DTD which was very good. We will definitely be going there again. I had the barbeque chicken pizza w/ crème Brule. DH had the half rosemary chicken w/ crème Brule and Mom had a chicken Caesar salad w/ an apple. During lunch I started to not feel well so Mom and I went back to the resort to take a nap while DH stayed to pin trade some more of course. He made the comment that it was our turn to leave while he stayed. LOL .After a couple of hours DH was back from DTD and it was getting close to our ADR for the whispering canyon. I still wasn’t feeling well so we decided to skip it. We tried to figure out what table service could we use this last one on and finally figured that we could use it for kona café on our other free day since I have been wanting to try the famous Tonga Toast. So we called dining reservations and canceled our whispering canyon ADR to which the CM said we would be making someone’s day and booked a 10:40am Kona reservation. So now with no dinner plans we went to the arcade to check it out. Ok to show how much more ghetto we can get besides digging the mugs out of the trash we actually took the arcade cards that where thrown in the trash the checked them for credits. We actually scored enough for two games on the air hockey table. We did recycle the cards we took from the trash into the recycling bin by the door so we where doing a good service I must say. LOL . We went a few times during the trip to the arcade and did the same thing and where able to get a few more games in which was cool. I don’t see why people spend all this money just to throw these things out. Oh well their loss is our gain right. We have been doing well on our spending this trip and ever little bit helps. After our games in the arcade DH went pin trading again and found my mom a Jiminy pin which is very hard to find so she was thrilled to get it. For dinner we decided to use two counter services to get the 16’’ pizza two drinks and two desserts. The pizza was actually pretty good for Disney pizza. As we ate I spotted a manager wearing a lanyard and waved her over. DH traded with her and she asked what pins we where looking for. We told her jiminy cricket and the Safety pins which I am looking for. She said she would look in the back and be out shortly. She came back with three jiminy pins and two safety pins. Mom decided not to take any of them cause she had one of them already and the others weren’t in the best condition but I took one of the safety pins as I had the other one already. It was really nice of her to do that for us and we thanked her. So after dinner mom went off to do some laundry and DH and I went off to explore the resort some more. As we walked around DH spotted another manager pin trading and jumped in to trade to. He noticed while waiting his turn that the guy next to him had a really nice jiminy cricket pin and so he made his first guest to guest pin trade. We then hunted down my mom and surprised her with the new pin. She loved it. After that we turned in for the night and booked our bounce back offer for next trip. Yay! Can’t wait to start planning for next year.

Next Day 5 - Epcot (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116477)

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
You dh is a lean, mean pin trading machine! :D Was there any stopping him? ;) Sorry today was your day to feel ill. I hope everyone stays healthy the rest of your trip! I guess I'll soon find out as I'm off to your next day!

cal5755
09-24-2007, 05:53 PM
We never did try the golf... but we also did the bounce back booking the day we left... cant wait to hear about th rest of your trip!

faline
09-24-2007, 09:03 PM
It was very nice of you and your husband to get your mom the Jiminy Cricket pin!

ktflisa
09-24-2007, 10:33 PM
ha, too funny! Digging mugs out of the trash and arcade cards too! You must be related to our family!

Great reports!

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for sharing :mickey:

ariel03
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my report everyone.:mickey: