PDA

View Full Version : Honey There’s Free Dining Again This Sept. Day 3 Part 2

ariel03
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Day 3 Part 2
9/13/07
EMH Morning Magic Kingdom

After the tree we met back up with DH and head to the stores on main street. We all split up to shop and for DH to pin trade. My mom ended up buying a 7 in glass jiminy cricket from the glass store. She hunted me down in the store next door just as she was buying it so I could get a look at it. I asked if she was going to ship it home and she said no that she didn‘t know about it. I told her it would be safer if she did and it won’t cost much as she wouldn’t have to pay tax on it since it was shipping out of state. She agreed after she found out it would only cast her $10 to ship it home fully insured compared to the $7 in tax she would have had to pay. Finally after a bit of shopping it was time to check in for our ADR. We enjoyed our Time with pooh and friends. DH loves the prime rib here so he makes sure we eat here ever trip. After our dinner we made our way over to tomorrowland and did stitches great escape and Monsters inc laugh floor. The laugh floor was good. I’m not the kinda person that likes to participate so I got really scared when they picked people both in front and in back of me. I saw the light shining on me and had to look each time to make sure it wasn’t me on the big screen. DH loved it though and got a big kick out of the jokes. Next we got fast passes for space mountain. I refuse to wait in the line for space mountain. I know a lot of you love the music and all in the tunnel but it just drives me crazy. We walked around tomorrowland with DH and let him pin trade as we waited for our time to come up. Once our time came we were off and flying thru the galaxy. Poor DH got sick after the ride. We had to spend sometime at the bathroom after the ride. He didn’t have enough time between dinner and the ride. It was getting close to SpectroMagic so we made our way to mainstreet. We got about as far as the rose garden and decided to plop down there. We have always seen spectro and wishes from main street so this was new for us but I heard good things so I wasn’t worried. It didn’t disappoint. While we waited for spectro to start DH told us he still wasn’t feeling very well and wanted to head back to the room. We told him to go on that we would be there after spectro and wishes. So Mom and I got comfortable and waited. We didn’t have a good view of the parade but we did end up having a great view of an engagement. Looked like the boyfriend worked out something with a CM cause the whole family was there and they where taking professional pictures in front of the castle. One picture when it was just the two of them He pulled out the ring and proposed to her. She was so shocked and everyone clapped. The CM introduced them to everyone near by and we congratulated them. It was such a nice proposal. Soon after Wishes started. This was the first time my mom got to se wishes as the last time we went they where only showing Hallowishes since it was October. After wishes I suggested we wait an hour to let everyone leave so that there would be less of a line when we finally got out there. After an hour of sitting around we made our way out to the bus. To our surprise the lines for the buses where all the way back to the bus directory signs. I took a pic of the mob. We spent about an hour just trying to get near our bus stop which was the last one number 18. When we where one bus stop away I mentioned to someone that we where heading back to pop and a guy nearby said the line for pop started back a ways. After that I told Mom we are going to hop the fence and walk to the contemporary and catch the DTD bus then the bus back to pop. We had to ask a lady who was sitting on the fence if we could get by her so we could get over the fence. Her reply was “So you want me to move?“ Uh yea this is the only opening near here to hop the fence. It worked out well taking the contemporary bus to DTD. Had we stayed and waited for our turn on the bus it would have been another 2 hours at least. For some reason from what I was told by another guest that the buses just where not showing up. The first bus for All star music didn’t show up until about an hour after closing and you heard a cheer ring out from the crowd when it arrived. DH told me he got caught up in the parade when leaving and had to wait until the parade was over to walk out of the park. He told me that they where having problems with the buses even then before the park was closing so he was not surprised how bad it got when it was time for us to leave. I figured since I knew how to get around the bus problem that I wouldn’t complain about it when I got back to the resort but it turns out this wouldn’t be the worst bus problems we would have on this trip. Did anyone else get caught in the mob this night leaving the magic kingdom? How long did it take you to get back to your resort?

Next Day 4 - Free Day w/ Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116476)

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Sounds like you had a long and busy day. Sorry your dh got sick....but at least it was in the evening. Off to your next day!

cal5755
09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
That is cool you got to see the engagement! I am surprised about the buses.... we never had a problem waiting for our music buses.. they came quick or double loaded.

faline
09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Getting back to your resort that evening certainly proved to be a challenge! It's good to know alternate routes!

1EeyoreFan
09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
We were there the same night and left soon after the Wishes. It took us an hour and a half to make it back to ASM.

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a good day other than the bus at the end of the day.

ariel03
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my report everyone.:mickey: