PDA

View Full Version : Honey There’s Free Dining Again This Sept. Day 2

ariel03
09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Day 2
9/12/07
Shopping and Cirque du Soleil La Nouba

This morning we woke and headed out for breakfast at 8:00am. We decided that since this was my moms first time to Pop we would take the scenic route to breakfast this morning. So we walked along the lake and over the generation gap bridge. We took a few pictures along the way of my mom and the years she was born (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07014.jpg) and married (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07005.jpg). DH spotted some huge turtles in the water off the bridge. He is a big turtle lover. So after our short tour of Pop we headed over to the main building for breakfast. I found out that with the dining plan you could get two drinks with your breakfast which worked out well as DH and I planned on sharing our counter services to save on money and so for breakfast each morning we could each get our own drink. I usually got my iced tea which DH hates and he got to have his milk. So after breakfast which was normally the adult breakfast platter. We headed out to the buses and caught the bus to DTD. I had a plan on what stores I wanted to hit and what I wanted to buy. So I was on a Mission. My first stop was the Art of Disney as I wanted to get some posters for my bathroom. Sadly they didn’t have any I was looking for. I’m going to have to go online to get the posters I’m looking for. Next was once upon a toy. I started a collection of Mr. potato head parts and wanted to get more pieces that I didn’t get last trip so I grab myself a shopping bag and filled it with everything I wanted. So I could find a corner later and try to make it all fit in that little box. I think did pretty good If I do say so myself (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=disneytrip2007003.jpg). I think if it as a Tetris game. After my game of Tetris we walked towards The World of Disney but couldn’t walk past Ghirardelli without getting some ice cream and they where just about to open. Lucky us! After our lovely treat we continued on to the World of Disney but stopped at the DVC booth so we could set up a tour for Friday which was our other free day. We really caught the DVC lady off guard she said as no one walks up to them and asks for a tour. They usually have to convince people to give it a try. DH and I did it in 2003 when they didn’t have any mock ups so I really wanted to see what the rooms looked like and My mom didn’t know anything about it and was interested in finding out more about it. As she was getting all the information together DH pin traded her as he was now really into the pin trading thing. Every CM he saw He had to pin trade. He just loves trading and talking with them. Well the DVC lady was so shocked that we wanted to do a tour and DH pin trading with her that she missed the part of us saying that we wanted to make the tour for Friday and had the shuttle person come and pick us up there. I figured since we still had more time until our lunch ADR at Captn Jacks that we would go on ahead and take the tour. She was so happy that she gave DH his pin back to keep. The tour and rooms was quite nice. We all got a choice of 3 fast passes each or we each could get a $15 gift card. Seeing it wasn’t crowded we opted for the gift cards. Which was nice for shopping at the World of Disney later. So after the tour they gave us free ice cream from their ice cream bar and dropped us off at the World of Disney. We spent a good amount of time in the store just doing circles making sure we got everything we wanted and had it sent back to the resort. DH and I didn’t have to spend any money out of pocket as we had about $100 in Disney reward dollars from my credit card and the two $15 gift cards we got from the DVC. My mom only had to pay about $16 out of pocket after all was said and done. We also used the 10% off by showing my Disney Visa before purchase. It is nice that you just have to show it and not have to charge to it to get the savings. So finally it was time for lunch. We had a 2:30 ADR at captn Jacks which we have never eaten at before and wanted to eat somewhere that was on the dining plan before our 6:00pm showing of Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. The food was ok but I won’t be going back as it was kinda not our taste. I can say that if you didn’t have an ADR this is a place that you could walk up and have lunch without a problem. So after lunch we made the walk over to the Westside cutting through pleasure island. We head straight to pick up our tickets for the show. We then walked thru the stores in the Westside until we made it to the virgin mega store. We then went up and sat in the little café upstairs for about an hour to cool off. Finally it was time to line up for the show. The show was fabulous. Does anyone know what was with the @.com on some of the costumes and the R with the circle around it. I have seen the show online and don’t remember seeing these on the costumes before. I recommend that everyone see it. Don’t bother paying for the seats up front as you will miss a lot of the show there. We where able to score seats in the center middle. Seats EE 15,16,17. These where in a great spot. A complaint I have is that they give you less room then on a airplane in which to sit. Forget about any bathroom breaks during the show. Cause you will be disturbing a lot of people just to make a bathroom run. Also during our show a family came in 20 min late and everyone in our row had to stand to let them in as there was no room to get by unless you stood. Here (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07043.jpg)is a pic I took of my leg room in the seats. Please note I am only 5’5’’ with little leg room. DH made a point that they do let you eat in the theater but if you accidentally drop your food it will end up on the people in front of you. As you have no where to put it but on your lap. After the show we called it a night as we where still trying to catch-up on our sleep from our early morning yesterday.

Next Day 3 Part 1- EMH Morning Magic Kingdom (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116473)

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Another busy day! All that shopping plus a DVC tour would've worn me out! Glad you enjoyed the show! Enjoying reading your reports!

cal5755
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Great!! Another full and fun day!! Dh sounds cute doing the pin trading!

faline
09-24-2007, 08:46 PM
La Nouba is such a great show! Glad you got to enjoy it!

dolphinmickey9170
09-25-2007, 12:43 AM
What a nice day!

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
sounds like a great day

iheartmickey
09-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Sounds like a great day! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

ariel03
09-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my report everyone.:mickey: