PDA

View Full Version : Ding Fares

Laura670
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Just wondering.....I haven't gotten any Ding fares for the last 2 days....anyone else?

Thanks!

BigRedDad
09-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I got one the other day. However, it is not for places I want to go. SWA has not released flights for my dates yet, too far out.

Trev&Ev Mom
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I was just logging on to post if anyone else was having trouble with DING. I haven't gotten a ding in 3 days. I've installed, reinstalled and even called Southwest. The woman in the call center said that she has DING at home and she noticed it as well. I hope its back soon!!! I need a fare for October!

princessjojo
09-24-2007, 01:14 PM
If I recall, Friday was the last day I received any Ding rates. I've looked for them, but never got any....

Laura670
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Thank you all for your responses......I thought it was just me....guess we will just have to wait:mickey:

lovenmickey
09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
I can always rely on you guys for answers, I was just logging in to post this same thing - its been atleast 3 days since I have seen any Dings! I need some good ones to come out for early Dec..come on SW!!

mudpuppysmom
09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Just checking in to say I haven't had one either for a few days.....I think Friday was the last time I got one too!!

We're going in January, so I have yet to purchase our flights.......I'm waiting for a little while, but not too long!

ISLE39
09-24-2007, 10:47 PM
same problem here i thought it was my computer i litereally was just commenting ont his before i read this post. i wonder if maybe they are doing an upgrade?

laprana
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
We're going the second week of December and still need to book the flights. We're most likely going with SW, so I signed up for Ding on Friday, but haven't gotten anything yet. I've never used Ding before...how often do they usually send you Ding fares? Is it every day? What kind of deals can you get with Ding? We're hoping to book our flights soon since our trip is only a couple of months out now, but we also want to get a good deal!:) Any advice on how long we should wait? Thanks!

tyandskyesmom
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Don't know about DINGs because i never get mine but I just booked my DH's flight to Orlando (me and the kids had ours already four days earlier) and then out flight back. I had been holding off because there were no cheap flights offered for January yet and the ones that were open were at $129.00 for the cheapest flights and I have never paid that. So I was waiting for them to come down and this morning they were all down to $82.00 each way so i bought. I am still hoping they go down but that is at least decent as low as any other and a price i was willing to take.

I guess I am saying there were just some changes in the January flights in the Chicago market that were decent...so hopefully soon they will start really getting those fare drops going!

98 more days!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Still no DING here for Pittsburgh area!!! Is something afoot at SW?!?!? Are they going to do away with DING fares?!?!??! ARGH!!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
REMARKABLY I just got a DING!!! Not for what I want, but it is still working!!!

Ltmoko
09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I have not seen one in a few days either....Just checked and got one. Nothing I can use but....Keep em coming.

Trev&Ev Mom
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I got a DING tonight around 5pm. Tons of stuff. Nothing I wanted, but at least I know its working :badpc:

adoptionislove
09-25-2007, 10:43 PM
WOW!!! I would book it! I am looking at airfare for March and right now it will be 1600.00 for the 4 of us!

We are coming to WDW from Dallas and HOPEFULLY the fares will drop alot by then!

Michelle

laprana
09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
I also got some Ding fares last night, but nothing for my travel dates. But, it's at least good to know they're coming in (and now I have an idea of how Ding works!:D)I'm hoping they release some for the beginning of December soon. We're all getting a little antsy about booking the flights and don't want to wait too long!

Laura670
09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I also got some Ding fares last night, but nothing for my travel dates. But, it's at least good to know they're coming in (and now I have an idea of how Ding works!:D)I'm hoping they release some for the beginning of December soon. We're all getting a little antsy about booking the flights and don't want to wait too long!

I am waiting for the beginning of December too! They should be out soon probably more toward the beginning of Oct.....if I remeber right I think that's when they started last year for Dec.

laprana
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Oooh good! Oct. is just around the corner, so maybe we should hold off a couple more weeks...This is our first time flying Southwest to WDW, so it's all kind of new to me. We flew Allegiant last year to the airport in Sanford. It was great and we got really cheap fares. The only bad thing about Allegiant is that they only fly on certain days (at least out of St. Louis) and they're not flying on the days we're traveling in Dec. :fingers: that Southwest comes through soon!

Sunshine1010
09-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I've been getting mine daily....a few times a day.

Trust me....I've been going crazy looking for 'that one perfect flight'.....

So far...no luck.

Hope everyone is getting them now.

(I probably just jinxed myself)