PDA

View Full Version : Just got back - not so great!

tavera
09-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, we go at this time every year but this year was ridiculous! There were waits for everything - not huge (10-20 minutes) but they are waits i'm not used to at this time - i'm used to walking right on to just about everything - Soarin' was a 50 minute wait! Our table service places were crowded and we always had to wait past our ADR in most cases - Ohana we will NOT be going back to - didn't like the food and we had a horrible waitress. At Akershaus we had an awesome waiter and there was great princess interaction but the food is nasty (order an adult version of the children's plate if we go again). Bus service was bad (we stayed at POR) - we were either waiting 30-40 minutes for a bus or we were standing because they were so jammed full of people. So, while free dining is a good deal - i don't think i'll do it again.

ibrowse17
09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I can see why with the crowds generated by free dining, which is what Disney wanted. Too bad you ran into that, but while you where at Disney,I was at work dreaming of Disney. Hope your next trip is better:thumbsup:

cal5755
09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I am sorry your experience was not that great. We stayed at music last week and our buses were great... most times we had 2 buses loading at a time when the parks closed. We did notice it was more crowded but the waits were minimal. There was one time the wait for Splash Mountain was 80 minutes... thank goodness we had our FP!! We loved the princess meal in Norway too... maybe it was the dish you chose? My mom had lamb stew, and I had the cod dish. They were both yummy. My dad did say the salmon was a bit dry though. I agree the appetizer bar was good as well. I am so dissapointed hearing about Ohana's... The whole family wants to try it next year! I hope your next trip is extra magical!!!

glenpreece
09-24-2007, 10:38 AM
We just back too. Not many walk ons for the rides. We di O'hana and thought was way too much food. Loved akershus had the vensiona dn it was one of the best meals we had all week. I too am seriously doubting I'll go back during free dining.

Jenemmy
09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
My neighbors were there week before last and had been the EXACT same week in 2006. They mentioned that the crowds were at least twice what they were last year, too. I guess free dining is causing a frenzy, huh? Even in hurricane season.

My dh and I were in WDW in September for our honeymoon 14 years ago, and I still remember how E-M-P-T-Y the parks were then. We took pictures of ourselves on rides where we were the only ones in the car or on the train. I had decided back then that Sept was THE time to go, and we have probably had 6 or so fall trips since. All have been wonderful, crowd wise. Those days must be loooooong gone!

faline
09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry your were disapponted in your trip! Hope you were able to make some good memories!

ktflisa
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
My family and I were there Sept 14-18 - and did not encounter crowd issues... but we avoided Magic Kingdom completely on the weekend. We are FP masters, too. One thing that stands out though as far as crowds - at MGM the early afternoon Indiana Jones was filled to capacity, and then everyone went from the to the Car thing. It also was filled to capacity. But, since RNRC was down, we didn't stay much after that.

At Magic Kindgom on Monday we either walked on or had a FP for everything. We even got off Space Mtn and were back on within 10 minutes.

My only issue was the heat! :D My favorite times to go: October (avoiding Columbus Day) or early November for Food & Wine, and January, after the 10th or so.

I'm sure Disney is trying their darndest to fill in any voids or "slow seasons", so they are getting fewer and smaller...

ChipnDaleGal
09-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I am sorry that the free dining crowds made things more crowded than you had expected. I hope it wasn't all bad for you. :(

dolphinmickey9170
09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

mm59
09-25-2007, 09:19 AM
We also just got back, the crowds were more than in the past. Eating was a major problem. We will not go when the Free Dining is offered again. We are Passholders so we can not get the free dining.:mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
We were there 9/7 through 9/12. We did not have a problem with crowds. We went on EE pretty much at will. Never even waited, just went all the way up to the cars. Same with Space Mountain, Soarin, and pretty much everything else. We are early risers, and were at the parks when they opened, so that might have helped, but honestly we also stayed till they closed, and didn't have any problems. The last day we were there, the 12th, the Magic Kingdom did seem more crowded than earlier in the week. We left early though to catch the ME to MCO, so I don't know how that day panned out. I do know that two years ago, with free dining, there was virtually nobody on the rides. That was nice, but I'll still visit during free dining. Saves our family of six a lot of money and still crowds are much lighter than June, July, August and holidays.

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow sorry your trip wasn't as great as it could be.