PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions of the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show.

DisneyorBust
09-24-2007, 09:05 AM
We are in a bit of a quandry, we have the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show booked for our December 07 trip. For some reason my DW and I aren't exactly excited about this show. The DD's are looking forward to seeing it. (which is reason enough for me to give it a try!)
Please share your show experiences.
Any opinions; positive OR negative would be appreciated.

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Our experience with the Spirit of Aloha show was a positive one. My kids LOVED the fire dancers. We enjoyed the entire show. So much so that we are returning to see it again on Thanksgiving Day.

KatGat
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
My husband always wants to see this show but I wonder if it's entertaining enough (or short enough) to keep the attention of a toddler/preschooler.

murphy1
09-24-2007, 10:49 AM
i couldn't get it this trip coming up, but I've heard it's great from friends who have gone.

jwallace378
09-24-2007, 10:56 AM
We loved the show, but the food wasn't so great. Maybe we hit it on a bad night:ack:

laprana
09-24-2007, 12:12 PM
We did the luau in 2006 and everyone in our group had mixed feelings about it afterward. The food itself wasn't too bad, but nothing super special. The dessert (some kind of volcano cake thing) was, well to be polite, odd. Kind of spongy, chewy chocolate cake with some kind of sour fruity sauce in the middle. The show wasn't exactly what we were expecting, either. The island dances were really neat, especially the fire dancer, who was awesome! That was the best part of the whole luau! But, unfortunately, the dances were only a small part of the show. The rest was a corny theatrical play/musical that was so cheesy we were trying not to laugh during the whole thing (and not because it was a great comedy!:secret:) It was good for kids, so your kids might really enjoy it. I wouldn't recommend it to adults, though. And I definitely didn't think it was worth 2 TS on the DDP! Your credits would be better spent on a meal at Kona Cafe and another at 'Ohana, IMHO. Both have great food. Kona has a nice, relaxing atmosphere. 'Ohana is a lot of fun with entertaining activities for kids and adults - hula lessons, coconut races, etc. Just my :twocents:

princessgirls
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
My family LOVED the Luau.

We were just there on August 30th.

My DH surprised me and booked it while we were there. He paid for it OOP, as we were on the dining plan.

We thought the show was great, the food was good and plentiful, the :beer: was cold and our server kept them coming. I mean the food is not five star quality or anything, but it was good.
It was a wonderful evening.
Fred and I honeymooned in Hawaii, and we went to a luau. This was very nice, as we will not be going to Hawaii anytime in the near future.
Also, dollar for dollar, the price isn't bad. We could spend that on a night out.
My girls ages 5 &6 really enjoyed it also.
I think the luau is worth it.
Enjoy!
Julie

Deansgal85
09-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time at the luau...we are going there in nov. with DH and DS 13 and DS 10....We're looking forward to it!:party:

LandFan
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Honestly? DH and I thought it was pretty awful. The food was bland and boring and, while the fire dancer was cool, the rest was over-commercialized Lilo and Stitch type stuff. If you have a child, they might like it, I guess. The old luau used to be much better and less like a third rate show. It seems like they created it for a third grader and left out anything worthwhile for the adults.

Considering you have top notch performances for free in the parks like FOTLK and Nemo the musical, I can't believe they charge that much for something so subpar in comparison. You'd do better at Hoop Dee Doo - better food and much better quality entertainment.

Sorry - I know some of you really like it, I just think they should beef up the quality of the show and the quality of the food for the $$ you pay for it!

:blush: IMHO

DizneyRox
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
... For some reason my DW and I aren't exactly excited about this show. ...
I'm with her.

You couldn't pay me enough to try the show again. Went once, the show was awful and the food was worse. Sure, the fire dancer is cool, but you can just stop by FotLK over at AK and see the same thing for free.

I'd pass, check into the HDD. You'll find there are a lot less mixed reviews of HDD than the Luau mess.

GrmGrninGost
09-25-2007, 07:34 PM
:thumbsup: I give it a big Thumb's Up! DW and enjoyed the show immensely! The food is pretty good too! I highly recommend it! :mickey: