PDA

View Full Version : RUDE CM's today! ugh!

streudel423
09-24-2007, 08:47 AM
I have been on the phone trying to get info on the Christmas parade taping dates, and all I have put up with is RUDE phone CM's!! They are so ignorant about helping me, and when I ask where I can get more info, they literally just say, "I don't know." :mad: We have always had WONDERFUL experiences with CM's at the parks and resorts. What is with the customer service reps on the phone? Anyone else experience this?

I have heard that the Christmas parade taping will probably be the first weekend in December, which would be Nov 30-Dec 2 this year. I have ALSO heard that it is always the first FULL weekend in December, which would be Deceber 7-10. Our trip falls between these dates, and I want to make sure we aren't schedule to be at Magic Kingdom when it'sbeing taped.

big blue and hairy
09-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Rude and ignorant are quite different. Are you sure they are being rude, or does no one there actually know yet? It's very possible that no one there has an answer. With the schedules of Regis and Kelly, it may not even be set in stone yet.

:sulley:

streudel423
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
maybe i should have used the word "unwilling." It's just not typical Disney customer service. Usually the CM's will either 1.) say they don't know but will attempt to find out OR 2.) apologize and just say that the info hasn't been released yet. They more-or-less had the attitude that they didn't know right then, didn't know when the info would be released, and that they really didn't care. It was just very unusual Disney service. :confused:

Just had to vent on here!! lol :blush:

wifey5794
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
I was told that they haven't finalized the dates yet. We will be there for the first weekend and we have just planned to not be at MK during the days anyway. By evening the crowds have thinned out. By experience if you bypass main street, the wait times on rides can be very short during the taping.

I would venture to say they are not aware yet and maybe that is how they were percieved as rude?

You'll have a great time regardless. We never plan too much at MK on a weekend when we are there because it is heavily attended by locals.

Enjoy your trip anyway!

:santa3:

Carol
09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
The cast members are sitting in front of a computer screen. The parade taping is not something that would fall into an 'event schedule' and necessarily be at their finger tips for information.

I'd cut them some slack.

streudel423
09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
maybe i should have used the word "unwilling." It's just not typical Disney customer service. Usually the CM's will either 1.) say they don't know but will attempt to find out OR 2.) apologize and just say that the info hasn't been released yet. They more-or-less had the attitude that they didn't know right then, didn't know when the info would be released, and that they really didn't care. It was just very unusual Disney service. :confused:

Just had to vent on here!! lol :blush:

streudel423
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
sorry...that post above posted twice...

SteveL
09-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Last year we were there Nov 13 through Nov 19 and I seem to recall that the parade was taped during our stay.

Goofy Pluto
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
If anyone finds out any info and can let us all know, that would be wonderful. The end of our trip falls when the suspected dates will be (Nov 30-Dec 2nd). It so happens my daughter's b-day is Dec 1 and we want to take her to MK that day. It would be nice to know what to expect because we'll be going, parade or no parade. No parade may be better...

Main Street Jim
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Last year we were there Nov 13 through Nov 19 and I seem to recall that the parade was taped during our stay.The TV Christmas Day parade was taped last year the first weekend in December, right around the 4-5-6, I believe it was.

mttafire
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
The cast members are sitting in front of a computer screen. The parade taping is not something that would fall into an 'event schedule' and necessarily be at their finger tips for information.

I'd cut them some slack.
yep..

Disney1
09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I was on another website and they said taping was December 1st-3rd.