PDA

View Full Version : Lecza Family Trip - day 1&2 (9/14 - 9/15)

cal5755
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
We went with a group of 17 but most of the time it was ME-DH-DS12-DD8-DD4-DM-DF and Uncle (my aunt met us for ts though)

Day1- I had pre checked us in and printed our boarding passes for all 17 of us. I did curbside check in with my 3 kids, dh and parents with no problems and went to the gate. My cousin however, they would not let her check in curbside(personally I think it was due to the fact that her kids are kind of wild) The flight was great and we arrived by 11:30. We checked in but our rooms were getting new mattresses so would not be ready til after 3 pm so we had lunch and went to Blizzards Beach....had a great time in the lazy river. After the park closed we went to the hotel to change and headed to DTD. We went to Planet Hollywood for dinner as walk in. Just as we hit the awning it began pouring. We loved the food but it was way too loud in there. My two girls managed to fall asleep anyway. Our first day was wet and long but nice!!

Day2- we went to Epcot today after sleeping til about 9:00 am. We were slightly sad that we could not enjoy our usual first ride on SSE:(. We headed over to THE SEAS and rode NEMO. DD4 loved it!! We met a friend who moved from md and now lives 8 miles from Magic Kingdom. We then headed to the Electric Umbrella for lunch.... it was just after noon and we were pleasantly surprised that the lines were very short! Last time we were there they were out the door! We found tables for all 9 of us to sit at with no problem. Mom got a double buger and I got chix strips and we split. It was pretty good too! My DS loved his burger and both my dd's loved the grapes and carrots w/ their meals. Then off we went to Soaring...everyones favorite ride. Again this was DD4 first time and she just loved when the castle and Tink came up!! BTW the wait was 40 minutes but went by way fast...we loved the interactive games while we watied. By this time I have some killer blisters on both feet... oh did I forget to mention that a suitcase was left in the car... the suitcase that had mine and my moms dr sholls sneakers in it... as well as stuffed animals we bought for the kids. I spent the whole week in my dr sholls sandles... they were great on my heels...not between my toes lol. Anyway we went to first aide for some bandaids. It was time for test track after that. My dad was psyched about trying this.. his friend had said how cool it was. Wouldnt you know ... it broke down LOL. We had 2 cars. My uncle and son were behind us stuck in the freezing mist for 10 minutes!! We ended up having to walk off the ride.. down like 4 flights of stairs. It was a lot of fun though... and the first time we ever were on a ride that broke...hmmm who's idea was it to bring Dad?? Might I mention that the last 2 trips we took we never got rain either...but woowee did we get some this time!! We got fastpasses to go again once it was runnimg. My DH and DD8 and I went on MS next... it was DDs first flight and she loooved it...orange side for us. Then we all went to the coca cola station. We never went before and we all tried beverly... all except my mom..(guess what her name is). It wasnt my favorite lol. I did like the gingerale... I like diet soda though so it was all too sweet. My son bought a stitch cup in there and my 4 yr old dd got a penguin. Next on the list was Figment. No wait and the kids loved it. We had our pictures taken with SSE in the background on our way to the Showcase. We went to mexico and norway... did the rides at both... then we watched the acrobats at china. We met up with the rest of our group of 17 and checked in for dinner at the 9 dragons. We were all seated close and on time and the food was pretty good. I cant remember the name of the dish I got but it was like a seafood stew served with white rice... I enjoyed the service and the meal. After dinner we went on the Maeltrom again and I got a frozen mango tea and we picked a spot for illuminations. We had a good view and the kids enjoyed the fireworks. After that we headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep! Another great day!!

Since it is now after midnight here I will give more of our trip reports tomorrow!!

faline
09-24-2007, 11:58 AM
What a large group you have!

Thus far, I've never had to walk off a ride that has broken. Must be an interesting experience!

cal5755
09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
We actually thought it was pretty fun. We were yelling back and forth from one car to the other and when we were finally rescued and standing in line I called my uncles name and another rider said.... so i heard you were the one who broke the ride... it was a blast.

ChipnDaleGal
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Traveling in a group that big must be really challenging, but really fun! Your first two days sounded great, except for all the rain. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: