PDA

View Full Version : Floats in the pool?

DONROCK
09-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Has anyone seen any adults floating on rafts in the resort pools? I'm sure the main pool would be too crowded, but do you think it would be allowed in a quiet pool? (We're staying at POR next month)

#1donaldfan
09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
At POR I've seen only kids with noodles and water wings.....some with life vests too.....I've not seen adults with mattress type floats...I'm not sure if they're allowed, might not hurt to call ahead for sure....I'd hate to pack 'em and not be able to use them....

SgtTigger
09-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Floats are not allowed at resort pools......

At Wilderness Lodge I have seen people turned away........

:cop: :tigger:

diznee_buzz
09-23-2007, 09:45 PM
What about intertubes for kids? My DS3 cannot swim and refuses to wear water wings or life vests. However, he will float around in a little intertube - not a huge one - but because he is 3, it's not a baby one either. What do you think?

Raye3201
09-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Innertubes are fine - they sell them at the store at the Beach Club and my son and daughter both enjoyed floating around in theirs throughout the pool.
:mickey:

Figaro
09-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Floats at the resort pools really aren't any set in stone rules, it's left to us Lifeguards to use our best judgment on what to allow really. We don't allow any large and oversize floats/rafts, but some tubes are allowed, along with noodles. The tubes are normally only allowed if their fairly small and see thru so that the guards don't have any blind spots in the water.

Dakota Rose
09-25-2007, 09:31 PM
The blind spot thing makes sense. I'd never thought of it in that regard. :)