PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

CBMarks
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
We are leaving for WDW in 11 days for a magical gathering for my mom's 70th birthday, I can hardly wait!!! This is the first time we will be using the Magical Express Service, we have either driven or rented a car. My question being we will be arriving at MCO at 6:30 pm, when can we expect our luggage to arrive at the resort?
We're staying at the Caribbean Beach and meeting up with the rest of our family. We figured we would just hang out and relax, as we'll need dinner and maybe go swimming and plan our activities for the next day which will be my birthday, which is exciting for me, even though we are celebrating my mom's 70th our birthdays our a week apart.
There won't be an immediate need for our luggage as we have been told to pack our medications and anything that we need immediately in our carry on.
Also is the bus pick up easy to find? Is there signage? What is the approximate time to when we arrive at our resort (ball park timeframe)?
:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 08:55 PM
We are leaving for WDW in 11 days for a magical gathering for my mom's 70th birthday, I can hardly wait!!! This is the first time we will be using the Magical Express Service, we have either driven or rented a car. My question being we will be arriving at MCO at 6:30 pm, when can we expect our luggage to arrive at the resort?

You are supposedly guaranteed your luggage will be in your room by the three hour mark. This has held true as far as I know.

We're staying at the Caribbean Beach and meeting up with the rest of our family. We figured we would just hang out and relax, as we'll need dinner and maybe go swimming and plan our activities for the next day which will be my birthday, which is exciting for me, even though we are celebrating my mom's 70th our birthdays our a week apart.
There won't be an immediate need for our luggage as we have been told to pack our medications and anything that we need immediately in our carry on.
Also is the bus pick up easy to find?

Get off your plane, go to the "B" side down toward baggage claim and look for the three or four CM dressed alike, blue pants, dresses and jackets, some were wearing the mickey hands. Walk all the way to the end. You'll see the sign and the buses.

Is there signage? What is the approximate time to when we arrive at our resort (ball park timeframe)?

Depending on how many other stops your bus makes before your resort, it take approximately an hour. We sat after boarding the bus for another half hour before we left the airport.

The paperwork you received with your luggage tags and bus passes should tell you exactly how to get to the ME counter. I hope this all helps. Happy birthday to you and your mom. And, WELCOME to INTERCOT!!:party::mickey:

CBMarks
09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Thank you so much for the information, I looked over my magical express info and was a bit confused ad I have never done this before but you have cleared up alot of my questions.

I see you're a Red Sox fan, so I am!! They make me crazy but I am still love them.

I have found a wealth of helpful information on this site, you guys are great!
Thanks

cal5755
09-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Welcome!! Have a Magical Vacation and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both you and your mom!! How exciting. Our luggage arrived within 3 hours and we packed bathing suits in our carry on bags. As dolphinmickey9170 said it is pretty easy to find if you follow the paper given to you.

P.S. I am also a Red Sox fan, born and raised in Natick MA I love them, the Patriots and the Bruins. My dh on the other hand is from CT and he loves all the NY teams... lets just say game time here is interesting!!

Bluesky481
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Even though the luggage is supposed to be in your room by the 3 hour mark, be prepared to get it much later. The last time DH and I used the service, we arrived at the resort around 4 and hadn't received our bags yet when we returned to our room at 11:00. DH actually had to go down to the lobby to pick up the bags as our resort was apparently under-staffed that evening. They had also had some transfer issues at the airport. I'm not trying to worry you (we usually have good experiences), but just wanted you to be aware that those things happen on great occasion so be prepared.

Enjoy your magical gathering...I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful time!!!:mickey:

Piglet822
09-24-2007, 06:42 AM
To make it easier to find the counter when you arrive at the lower level of Terminal B, when you are walking towards the end of the terminal be sure the rental car counters are on your right and the big glass windows and doors going outside are on your left. Otherwise you are walking towards the wrong end of the terminal.
The ride to WDW takes about 30 -35 minutes. Depending on what other resorts, if any, are on board the same motorcoach may make a difference of being 1st or 2nd stop. The order of the stops is solely up to the driver.