PDA

View Full Version : Scooter & Big D - Inner and Outer Space! Day 6 and 7, and Final Thoughts

scooterca42
09-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Day 6 – Seaworld and Epcot (again. Detecting a theme?)

The DFs in Buffalo had obtained Seaworld passes for us (thanks again!) and we used them today. It was wonderful seeing the two shows we made it to – the Dolphins, and of course the Shamu show. We took the Mears shuttle, and don’t believe it if the person you book with says you don’t need to call the next day. Trust me, call Mears the next day from the park. But apart from that it was a great financial choice, falling somewhere between Linx and a cab.

We made it back around four and I stopped off to have our boarding passes printed at the Concierge. DH grabbed us some drinks and we were in the pool shortly after – Seaworld is great fun but it is HOT! It was the hottest we got on our trip. I didn’t ride Kraken because I was feeling the heat so badly (and as DF said when he picked us up and I admitted to not riding “Who are you and what have you done with my friend?” As a rule, if it’s a roller coaster I’ll ride it.)

We paddled around for an hour or so and brought our body temps down to something below the core of the sun. Epcot was EMH tonight! And we had reservations at 8:30 pm at Le Cellier!!!

We shopped around a bit again, and were seated about fifteen minutes after checking in. The reputation of this restaurant is well earned. The food was amazing. We waddled out as the folks who didn’t have wristbands were leaving, and sat watching the boats working on the lagoon to retrieve the globe and re-set stuff for the next night. Didn’t ride anything, but we toured through the few countries we hadn’t thoroughly explored and left around eleven.

Thoughts for the day –

Thank goodness for flavour packets and large water bottles. We used both. And Seaworld is good for a day, but I don’t know if I’d go back in a hurry – next trip, our off-Disney trip will likely be Kennedy.

One well-spent table service. Know what – I might even pay for the meal plan next time. It was brilliant.

Day 7 - Home

Six am wakeup! Yuck. ME pickup at 7:45, and had a mini-Intercot meet with Glen Preece who was on the same bus and flight! Made it to Buffalo and was picked up by our DFs. Had a lovely lunch there and showed off our Divequest videos, then crossed the border without incident at the Peace Bridge. Home and in bed by nine thirty! The cat was blissful.

Final Thoughts for the trip –

Thank goodness for Intercot.:number1: I can’t even count how many times I heard “we only have room for reservations” said quietly one cast member to another at the table service restaurants. And how long the lines were at the guest services for people to make reservations at restaurants – only to hear they were full and they had to try to do walk up. Makes all those plans I made months ago worth while. And when you’re planning something like Divequest anyway, it’s just a short step to decide what parks to hit on what day, and from there what restaurants to try. The information on this site was incredibly worth it, and I passed the website on to a couple of others there.

Divequest is an incredible experience, and one that DH and I will do next time as dive buddies. This time we staggered it so that one could video and the other dive.

The customer service at Disney is absolutely second to none. We found all the CMs at least polite, most were happy and knowledgeable, and Donna was beyond expectations. I mean, I asked someone where the Seaworld shuttle picked up. He went and found out and came to tell me, and he changed places so I wasn’t staring into the sun…small things but they are things that amaze me.

If you’re Canadian and going to visit, you might consider taking down some Timmie’s packets of coffee for the folks who work in the Canada pavilion. They’re getting a mite peaked on a diet of Nescafe. Evidently sometimes people just tuck them into the podium downstairs, or put them unobtrusively on the reservation desk. Someone even tucked them in the rafters and left a little note. It’s appreciated, and they’re shared around! And the girl I spoke to who told me about it was really astonished by the fact people do it – even people they don’t know. Just to be nice.

Well, it was a wonderful trip and we took hours of video and hundreds of photos. Nice to have to work on during the long cold winter! Our next Disney trip is likely a Grand Gathering in 2010 or 2011, depending on when we go to Australia.

Hope you enjoyed the reports!

iheartmickey
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
It sounds like you two had a very nice vacation. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to ride the Kraken because it was too hot.

I hope you'll get to post some pictures and maybe some video of Divequest (especially since I'm too chicken to do that, LOL)!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
What a trip, thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Your advanced planning certainly paid off for you!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!