PDA

View Full Version : Scooter & Big D - Inner and Outer Space! Day 4 and 5

scooterca42
09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Day 4 – Epcot all day and DH Divequest!

We used the base pass we bought for the Free Dining today, and planned the whole day at Epcot. Just in case we got busy we brought everything DH needed to go on his dive and rented a locker – yay thinking ahead…J Used a counter service for a good breakfast. I had made oatcakes and they were great, but sometimes you just want an egg or two.

It was raining! Heavily at first, then more just a steady rain. Were we worried? We were not – we had ponchos, and so much of Epcot is inside, or at least undercover.

Hit the park about 9:30 am, and did Soarin’ twice in a row – no wait – top tier on the left side for the first ride, top in the middle for the second. Wow, this ride is so simple but so effective. We hadn’t ridden The Land for about fifteen years – still love the greenhouses and the Mickey pumpkins.

Had to hit Imagination – it’s a cute ride, and that silly little ditty was in our heads for the rest of our trip…

We had lunch ADRs at San Angel Inn, and we wandered up that way taking our time. Got there with some time to spare and rode the new Rio de Tempo – it was cute enough. Got off and there was the Dream Team! We got Dream Fastpasses! Yay!

Had a pleasant lunch there. Maybe not a must-revisit like Marrakesh is, but very tasty at any rate. The rain mostly stopped, and the sun started coming out. We took our time strolling through the World Showcase, rode Maelstrom and saw the new Canada movie (speaking as a Canadian, it is MUCH better…) and did Mission Space Green Team. With DH diving today we didn’t want to chance the Orange Team just in case.

From Outer Space to Inner Space, and he had just as good a time on the dive as I did!

While I was waiting for him to enter the tank, I picked up a couple of items I’d eyed earlier at Mouse Gears (presents for DFs and an item or two for me) and went searching for a Rabbit pin for my mother without luck. But Donna at the Pin Traders hunted me down in The Seas (I’d mentioned I was going to be there while DH dove) and had found me not only a small Rabbit pin (she couldn’t find a big one) but brought a friend of hers with a stuffed Rabbit – they were gifts! My mother will be so pleased. In our family Mum was Rabbit and Dad was Eeyore – and we lost Eeyore earlier this year…I went to Guest Services on the way out and did an applause-o-gram. It means a lot and it’s just another reason we go back to Disney.

After we sat on a bench outside The Seas and compared notes for a bit, we realized we had time for Test Track (used our fast pass) before dinner at the Biergarten. Had a table full of duds – however the food was great. I just enjoy it more when the others sitting there are willing to actually say something to you. Supposed to be an Oktoberfest, after all.

We scooted as Illuminations was starting – we’ve seen it a couple times and planned to see it Thursday evening. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men…

Thoughts for the day –

Twelve hours at a theme park – well, Epcot is a good place to do it!

When you’re seated at a table with strangers, it’s so much more fun if they respond to your conversational attempts. Meh. DH and I just talked about our Divequest experiences instead.

Two table service today. Burp.

Day 5 – MGM and – yes – Epcot again. (?)

Unfortunately, we again didn’t go on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – it was in refurb. We’ll just have to come back again and try it! We were up and into the Tower of Terror within moments – again, a five minute wait – and afterwards my DH got me selected to participate in some of the street theater – I played the leading lady of a low budget silent picture starring Dusty Boots. I played the love interest – and boy, did I play the love interest. Including muttering petulantly “I can’t work like this” to the script girl, and preening in front of an imaginary mirror – well, I had an imaginary train to deal with, so…it was fun. It’s on video. And DH has said he’s going to burn a copy for all our friends. Heh.

We went through the Magic of Animation and wanted to go through One Man’s Dream, but we’d miss our ADR for 50’s Prime Time Café. Cousin Kristi grumped and groused at us, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lights, Motors, Action! was our after-lunch treat, and it was excellent – but the motorcyclist mis-timed dropping his bike and didn’t ignite. Boy, he was mad.

We had a close encounter with Endor and the Death Star on Star Tours, then went back to the hotel for a swim. We dressed and got ready, got off at Epcot, and the skies opened. I mean REALLY opened. It was torrential. We stood under the shelter there for a few moments and then DH looked at me and said “Want to go back to the room?” Well, we watched the rain come down, and come down, and decided yes, a nice counter service back at Pop and a pleasant evening reviewing photos and video would be a good way to deal with it.

We ended up watching some TV that was interrupted with some regularity with tornado warnings. Fortunately, they were north of us. Hope the folks up there did ok. Frankly, it was a needed rest. ;)

Thoughts for the day –

Cast members love it when you get into their world and play with them. I had a blast as a silent-era diva.

A holiday in Disney is fun and exciting, but there’s no way it could ever be defined as relaxing! Knowing when to call it a day is just as important as anything else.

Table and counter service today.

iheartmickey
09-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Very nice days! Glad your DH got to do the divequest and got to compare trips. Too bad you had bad tablemates. :(

I agree with you about the knowing when to call it a day. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
What a great time. You are so right about the "relaxing" part. I just can't seem to do that.

faline
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
What a scary storm that must have been!

Very nice couple of days!