PDA

View Full Version : Please Shoot Me for Just Thinking This but...

caryrae
09-23-2007, 04:52 PM
If by some very terrible reason there never was any Disney Parks where do you think you would spend most of your vacations?

I been to WDW more than anywhere else for vacations but if there never was any Parks in the world :gangster: I think we would do alot more road trips to national parks and such. I have been a few times to like Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, Bryce, Niagara Falls ect. So it would either that or we also love going to the Florida Keys and Key West been there once going again next April.

tink'72
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
It's funny this topic should come up. The other night I was thinking the same thing...well , almost the same thing.

I was thinking where did people vacation before WDW...because could not imagine life without vacation at WDW....

I don't know where we would go without Disney. I know next year we are going to the Jersey Shore and then to the outer banks of North Carolina. But not going to Disney ever....I could NOT imagine....

spinnerf
09-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Having recently taken a break from Disney, I have to say I really enjoyed the Carribean, I came home really rested, it was truly a vacation! Im leaving for another Disney trip tommorrow and my new outlook on vacationing will definately make me slow down relax and try to enjoy Dinsey more than I have in the past.

ibrowse17
09-24-2007, 10:18 AM
It would be southwestern Colorado for me. I grew up going there for summer trips, and love the Durango area. There will always be a Disney World:thumbsup:

murphy1
09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I think you should consider going to Europe, too, much beauty and culture. I am from Florida (was there 30 years and living in GA, still get there a lot, it's home for me and I still love it). I always tell people there is so much (don't shoot me here) more than just Disney in FL, I'm from Tampa, lots to do there, beaches, culture, great restaurants now. If you're ever going South, I would defintely go to the Smoky Mtns. in TN/NC, they are beautiful. Cades Cove is one of my favorite areas, especially in the Fall.

Mfarquar
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
HAWAII!

Just went there for the first time in June - Big Island, Kauai and Oahu.

My husband and I actually found ourselves saying SEVERAL times, "So, it's places like this that Disney goes to and then recreates on a small scale back in the parks and Poly".

It's hard to pass up the real thing! Plus, the people of Kauai are the NICEST people EVER and, dare I say, out-friendly Disney CMs!

We still love Disney, but Hawaii is getting added to the vacation mix (although less frequently due to the $$$$$$ factor!)

IloveDisney71
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
My husband and I would love to rent an RV and travel around the country visiting historical sites and national parks. SO I guess if there was no WDW that is what I'd do. BUT I'm glad there is WDW!!!!

Jasper
09-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Your point is exactly why some people call WDW "the mouse that ate South Florida." Since the arrival of WDW South Florida has had to work a lot harder to attract visitors than it did before. I know it may not seem like it but based on a percentage basis places like Miami Beach have never recovered to pre-Disney levels.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-26-2007, 04:48 PM
If there was no Disney...we'd go east and west...see the maritimes and Newfoundland one year...west to the Rockies another.

If there was no Disney I bet we would have seen a lot more of Canada...hmmm...

princessimagineer
09-26-2007, 04:54 PM
yea it is funny you should bring this up. wen i was there the last week of august, we wer sitting on the beach at the poly one night waiting for the MK fireworks to start, and my mom said: what would all this land be like if for some reason the disney company just went bankrupt or something? like all this land would be such a waiste, and the florida economy would just drop. made me wonder.

its one of those questions i hope i never find the answer to if ya kno what i mean

murphy1
09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Miami had a huge resurrgence in the 90's, The housing market started going nuts, too. South Beach has been revamped. I have only been to Miami three or four times, and most of the time I drove through just to get to Key West. No worries about Disney, it's not going anywhere, although it's kind of creepy to walk around that sad area at Epcot in FW where the pavilions are closed.