PDA

View Full Version : What Section Of DTD Do You Like Best Day or Night?

caryrae
09-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Of the 3 sections in DTD which one do you guys like best day or night, Disney Marketplace, Pleasure Island or Disney West Side?

I just love the shops in the Marketplace section it is just more Disney to me.

Darbylew
09-23-2007, 04:37 PM
We enjoy the Marketplace. We are always at
the Marketplace and hardly ever go down to
Westside. :thumbsup:

jsdt
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Marketplace - really enjoy the large Disney store, Lego-land and Ghiradelli.

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 08:26 PM
I do not like the west side except to go to the movies. Too many weird sights were seen by all earlier this summer. Totally scared me silly. Not in the way of crime or anything, just unexplainable things. Unbelievable. I'll just stay at the Marketplace.

SgtTigger
09-23-2007, 09:38 PM
13 to 0 to 0 at this point....... all for Marketplace

Yep me too..... day or night it is just great to go down there..... We love to shop at Art of Disney the Christmass store and World of Disney......

We also must stop at Earl of Sandwich for some Cannonballs........... Very cheap to eat there.... What more could you want.....

:cop: :tigger:

IloveDisney71
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm a seriously dedicated shopper!:thumbsup: So the Market Place is perfect for me!

BritCody
09-24-2007, 05:38 AM
This is an easy one for me. It has to be the Marketplace. Love all of the shops, especially Ghiradelli's

caryrae
09-24-2007, 08:18 AM
This is what I and I am sure most people thought would be the outcome, Marketplace winning hands down. Marketplace has a wonderful variety of shops and places to eat. A couple years ago we tried Earl of Sandwich for the 1st time and loved it, the prices and the food is great. We love the Christmas Store and the Disney Home store.

GothMickey
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Marketplace.

DisneyCouture
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I just love the shops in the Marketplace section it is just more Disney to me.

I totally agree! :thumbsup:

JohnHMCWYG
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I chose Pleasure Island. While most of the good stuff happens at night, they play music on the radios throughout the day, and I always enjoy taking a break to dance to it.

That isn't to knock the other 2 parts. If I could choose all of them, I would. I enjoy the shops at the Marketplace and adore the West Side, especially the Virgin Megastore. Wonderful stuff.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm a Marketplace fan! :thumbsup:

We've been to the "rest" of DTD at night, to be fair, it was an off-season Friday, but the number of really drunk people all over the place just turned me off!

I'll stick to the shops from now on (maybe I'm just getting too old for the club scene! :( )

JerseyMouse
09-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Marketplace for DW and I as well. One of our favorite perks from staying at PO Riverside is hopping the boat at DTD at night.

diznedreamin
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
This is an easy one for me. It has to be the Marketplace. Love all of the shops, especially Ghiradelli's

:ditto:

I also have to add the Lego store...my DS could and has spent hours there, drooling over the Star Wars Legos, granted we can buy them pretty much anywhere, but he thinks it is just awesome to get one in Disney!:darth::yoda::trooper::chewy:

kbean
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
I'd rather shop then drink half the night. Marketplace over P.I.

Disnamic Duo
09-25-2007, 10:07 AM
My wife and I love the West Side. We both love DQ and Cirque, and we just think it's the most interesting part of DTD. The shops are more interesting and fun to look around in (not necessarily buy anything).

We don't like Pleasure Island at all. Like another poster said - too many drunks. That kind of thing lost it's appeal to me about 25 years ago.

Marketplace is good. Good shopping and eating, but we're not huge shoppers. Between MP and PI, we much prefer MP.

Goofy Pluto
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I love to just walk around the Marketplace, even if I never buy anything. It's just a fun place to be.

snifflesmcg
09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I couldn't vote on this one. I like the Marketplace for the daytime and Pleasure Island at night.

TinyTink
09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
I love the Marketplace, can't beat shopping and Ghirardelli!:tasty: I will admit that I also love Vigin Megastore on the Westside, aside from 2 floors of music and movies, I love to go shopping there for cool rock'n'roll t shirts!! :rocker:

McGoofy
09-28-2007, 03:04 AM
Another vote for Marketplace. It's very kid friendly--World of Disney; Once Upon A Toy; The Lego Store, etc... I love my shopping!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
09-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Marketplace! I don't always get a Disney vibe at Pleasure Island or the West Side. I love the Marketplace Day or Night. Its such a pretty place, full of happy shops and sites. We try to go at least once every trip.

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Love the Marketplace too. Didn't make it there this trip, but definitely will next time. Also like the West Side - it has unique shops. DD attends quite a few concerts at HOB, too. :mickey:

laprana
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Another vote for Marketplace here! :thumbsup: My family always spends at least one night at DTD Marketplace...the trip just wouldn't be right without it! I remember going there as a really little kid when it was Buena Vista Village (I think that was the name, anyway!), and I loved it back then, too!

doombuggy
09-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I had to vote for the Marketplace, of course! ;)
Since I am there two days each week....

:santa3:

GrmGrninGost
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I love shopping at the Marketplace, the atmosphere is so Disney! :mickey:

tinksmom02
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I love the Marketplace...so much to buy all in one spot!!!

acetate
10-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Market hands down. West side seems kinda "cheap" looking if you know what I mean. The clear light bulbs on wires seems more like a carnival thing. Plus the stores are not that hot. All the good stuff is over at Market Place. Ghiradelli's, Earl of Sandwich, World of Disney, on and on. I love hanging out there. The best thing on our last trip was a night time boat ride from Port Orleans down these dark winding canals. Sooooo atmospheric, then you pull into the main lagoon and see search lights and lasers. Top it off with a milkshake at Ghiradelli's and some shopping in the world of disney store...man I was in heaven.

JohnHMCWYG
10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
I wish there could've been an option to select all of them. The food at the Marketplace is great. The Earl Of Sandwich has terrific sandwiches (I particularly like the meatball one, especially alongside a large cup of lemonade with no ice).

Ghiradelli's has terrific ice cream. So sweet and loaded with toppings.

I also enjoy the West Side. The Virgin Megastore is where I spend most of my money on every trip, and I try to catch a concert at the House Of Blues every year. This year I saw Black Label Society. It totally rocked.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

caryrae
10-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I wish there could've been an option to select all of them. The food at the Marketplace is great. The Earl Of Sandwich has terrific sandwiches (I particularly like the meatball one, especially alongside a large cup of lemonade with no ice).

Ghiradelli's has terrific ice cream. So sweet and loaded with toppings.

I also enjoy the West Side. The Virgin Megastore is where I spend most of my money on every trip, and I try to catch a concert at the House Of Blues every year. This year I saw Black Label Society. It totally rocked.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

I didn't put an "I like all" option because there has to be one that people like better then the others and as we can see Marketplace wins hands down.

Just like the parks most people like them all but there is always a favorite.

EPCOT84
10-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Marketplace ! :popcorn:The original and the best to relax, stroll in the evenings, and I agree the most Disney. Catch the sunset on a non-park day. It can be awesome.

Westside has its merits but a bit too regular mall-like, not enough Disney magic. PI used to have some interesting charming shops for a daytime stroll but not any more; just walked right through it since we're not clubbers.:down:

CandleontheWater
10-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I must be one of the drunks y'all are talking about because I love PI best! :D Seriously nothing rounds out a hard day at the parks like shaking your moneymaker at 8trax. And of course, nothing is more entertaining than watching people who have knocked back a few get on and off the dance floor at Manequins! Its such a bizzare mix of people at the clubs at PI, I always find it so entertaining. What other club scene on earth will you find tenny boppers and cheesy club guys interacting with wild and crazy Brits and middle aged housewives from Des Moines. I just love how strange and fun it all is.

January-2007
10-12-2007, 11:56 AM
We like the Marketplace best, no question!

N2DisneyWorld
10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I love the Marketplace. I love shopping there and I love eating there.

When we get to Orlando, the first thing we do is get a chocolate shake from Ghiradelli. YUM!

HndrdPrcnt
10-14-2007, 12:33 AM
We also must stop at Earl of Sandwich for some Cannonballs........... Very cheap to eat there.... What more could you want.....
:cop: :tigger:

It's ALL about the Earl for us!! My whole family loves Earl of Sandwich!! I could go there every day of my vacation if it was convenient to do so!

However, the Marketplace is very Disney and a lot of fun! Of course I say that as I think of actually being there and walking around (not when getting home and getting my next Visa bill :confused:)

tiaramom
10-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Marketplace ...
We Are Shoppers Too

I Do Like The House Of Blues
Food And Shop Are Great
And
Cirque Is Awesome-
I Just Dont Go There Much

Never Pleasur Island
I Liked Back Years Ago -
When The Outside Stage And Music Were There And All Ages Could Enjoy It
That Was Fun

Patti_C
10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I have to agree with market place. Love to shop!! Also Pleasure Island has changed alot in the 6 years since i've been there.

delusionalstitch
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Market Place for the lego store :) To be honest there really isnt a reason to go to westside expect for house of blues. I also like PI at night thou.

luvdiznee
10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
On one hand, have to vote for WestSide w/DQ and Cheesecake Factory. But on the other hand Market Place w/Goofy's Candy Co is a fav as well. :mickey:I actually like it all!

amd780
10-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Marketplace for us! :number1: It's our tradition to head there on our arrival day--absorb the Disney atmosphere in a relaxed setting, and get excited about going to the parks the next day! :cloud9: We have our 1st night's dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

Mickey91
10-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I love the Disney Market Place. To me it is just an extension of Disney. The others are just the real world invading Disney space.

caryrae
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
One thing I think, at least to me, is West side seems alot like Universal City Walk which I like too but I still like The Marketplace best.