PDA

View Full Version : Back and missing it... Day 2

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-23-2007, 12:08 PM
So day 2 started very early for us... 6:30 I was up to get ready for the day. Woke DD up around 7 to get her dressed. I decided to take advantage of the Little One's Magic Hour. Well, I look outside the balcony and it is raining... I think great, but it is so unusual for rain in the early AM during the summer that I thought it can't last too long. So DD chose the boat this morning (I let her pick b/c I don't care either way) and were on the boat at about 7:20. We get to MK around 7:40 or so and wait to be let in. In the rain. That is coming on harder...but not unbearable. We get into the park about 10 to 8 (they let us in early) and let me just say how amazing it is to see Main Street virtually empty. That is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. We head to Fantasy Land and walk on to Snow White. When we get off, we see Tigger and Pooh walking, and DD wants to follow so we do. And they stop in front of Pooh with 2 ladies leading them (dressed up) and they have the kids stand in a circle with them and they play games and sing songs. I have some adorable pictures. She had the best time adn thought it was so neat that she was able to do that stuff with Tigger and Pooh. It started to rain more, so they had to go under the cover by the shop and I saw Peter Pan and Wendy over by Ariel's Grotto, and I showed DD. She ran over there and Peter Pan, Wendy, Cpt. Hook, and Stitch were doing the same thing: songs and games. Again, very neat. She loves to be center of attention and the characters certainly took notice to her, so I have some really great pictures of her holding hands with the characters, dancing with them, etc. After about 20 min, I took her to ride Dumbo (in the rain--ugh...but she loves the rain so she of course had a blast!), then do Philharmagic (empty theater... weird), Winnie the Pooh and the Carousel. I think the rain greatly contributed to low numbers because it was really empty. Everything was walk-on. After that, we headed back to the hotel (it was about 9:45ish) to meet with our friend. We all had breakfast at Roaring Forks and then headed back to the room to hang out. Around 12, he had to leave for class and me and DD headed back to MK. We did more FL rides, and watched the Dreams Come True parade. Very cute. After, we headed back to the hotel, then grabbed the bus to MGM... on the way, she fell asleep and could not be woken up for anything. I walked around MGM for a bit hoping she would wake up to do some rides or characters greets, but nothin... so we left. She woke up once we got back to the hotel and she wanted to go swimming. Cold. Very cold...lol The rain was making the water not very pleasant, but she had so much fun. We go abck up to the room, and because were facing Magic Kingdom and on the 5th floor, I was hoping to be able to see at least a little of Wishes. And sure enough, we saw the WHOLE SHOW! It was absolutely gorgeous. DD was so excited. She loves fireworks, and while there wasn't the music, it was great to not have to fight the crowds afterwards! Afterwards, we got ready adn headed to DTD to meet with our friend again. We got some legos (yay for grab bags on clearance!!!) and went to WoD. Then we headed "home"--but not before mommy got on the wrong bus. LOL At least it was just to Saratoga Springs from there. Finally on the correct bus, we get back to the hotel, and are in bed around 11 or so.

SBETigg
09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Sounds wonderful! Too bad about the rain, but how great to practically have the park to yourselves!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
one thing i should also add is how cool the weather was... i was able to wear jeans the first two days--all day! YAY!!! so the rain and clouds was actually very welcome in many ways because it made it sooo nice and cool. and very breezy!

iheartmickey
09-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Rain is good and bad .... it sounds like the rain got you on everything practically by yourselves. :mickey:

Very cool that you got to see wishes from your room ... so very nice to not have to fight all the crowds!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

faline
09-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Your early morning in Fantasyland sounds wonderful! Your daughter must have had a great time with all those characters!

cal5755
09-24-2007, 10:49 AM
We also enjoyed the extra magic hour...it was great getting all the FL rides in before noon. Glad you had so much fun!