PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a bottle of wine for the room?

Dsnygirl
09-23-2007, 10:03 AM
:wine: Hi all - does anyone know how you can order a bottle of wine to have in your room?? We were going to ship a favorite down there, but realized w/ all the new mailing restrictions, we can't... and I don't want to stop anywhere on our way to the hotel when we arrive. Is there a way to have a bottle of wine sent over from a restaurant, or ordered in from somewhere local?? Thanks so much for any suggestions!! :wine:

Kairi_7378
09-23-2007, 10:13 AM
I can't answer about delivery but we did bring a bottle of wine in our checked luggage last time. We packed it in a box with some bubble wrap and didn't have a problem.

hoop de do
09-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Not sure about delivery either but when we stayed at POP last trip there was a small selection at the food court in the cooler section. We purchased a good Zinfandel.
If you want it to be a surprise I think I would call and ask if that is possible. I'm sure if it is that Disney will oblige you. Have a great vaca. :wine::thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM
I can't answer about delivery but we did bring a bottle of wine in our checked luggage last time. We packed it in a box with some bubble wrap and didn't have a problem.
Unfortunately, we're just travelling w/ carry-ons, so that's not an option for us - we'd thought of that, too. :( but thanks!! :)

SBETigg
09-23-2007, 11:12 AM
If you're in a deluxe resort, you have room service. Even then, it is still much more affordable to pick up a bottle at your resort's food court/quick service location or at the resort gift/sundries shop. They sell wine at both locations, by the bottle or split, and they usually stock plastic wine glasses, which isn't as nice as drinking from the proper stemware but can certainly do in a pinch.;)

The wine is usually more expensive than you could buy at a wine shop off-premises, but for the convenience of having it on-site, it's not an outrageous markup. Expect to pay about $15-$30 a bottle for unremarkable, but decent, selections.

faline
09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Wine is available for sale at various locations throughout Disney World. You can also buy bottles of wine in various countries throughout World Showcase at Epcot.

Resorts with in-room dining options will also deliver a bottle of wine to your room - this is probably the most expensive way to have wine in your room.

momef3grls
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
If they sell plastic wine glasses at POR? Thats where we are staying in about 17 days :party:, and I love my wine. I am not bringing any with me, but if I find a nice one at the FWF I could be tempted to indulge:thumbsup:.

ckaranassos
09-23-2007, 05:22 PM
We always buy wine and beer at our resort shops and keep them in the room fridge. It is nice to have wine at the pool or before going to a restaurant. We are always able to get a nice chardonay there.

Dsnygirl
09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
:mickey: thanks for all the great tips, guys -- I think we found our solution!! The company that makes the Honey Mead I love can ship to Florida, so they're sending it to our resort!! :thumbsup:
And thanks to you all, I now know I don't need wine glasses, and that I can find everything else I need in the food court area!! :thanks::thanks:

Kairi_7378
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I never thought about the winery shipping directly to the resort... what a great idea! Have a great trip!

brownie
09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
You could also look into using the Walt Disney World florist. They may have a wine basket or something similar you could have delivered to your room.

MouseHouser
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Good work. We got back yesterday from POFQ. The gift shop sold wine: $22/bottle for $7 wine. Captive audience. Had my sister bring us a few bottles from a local place, at normal prices.

BugeyedMuggy
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
It looked like to me you are going in mid Oct. by your signature. The wine & food fest center had lots of very good wines. If you are staying at a value resort you can get wine at the food court but if you want a better selection I recomend the fest center. We were there last weekend and purchased a bottle or 2 for our room.

BugeyedMuggy
10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
If they sell plastic wine glasses at POR? Thats where we are staying in about 17 days :party:, and I love my wine. I am not bringing any with me, but if I find a nice one at the FWF I could be tempted to indulge:thumbsup:.

I like to drink wine out of glasses and at the moderate & deluxe resorts you can get wine glasses in your bar/lounge (not the pool bar). You can also buy wine glasses in the resort gift shops.