PDA

View Full Version : CM Update

Dorito2000
09-23-2007, 04:00 AM
Hey all,

Its been awhile since i've been able to get online, but just in case anyone was looking for me running audio at Play n' Dine, you won't find me there anymore, as I moved at the begining of September to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I'm still a stage technician though.

I tell you, I hear "Under The Sea" 22 times a day, and suprisingly, I'm still not tired of it :blush:

Just a little reminder, when you hear an announcement that says "Please, No Flash Photography" .....we aren't saying it for the fun of it. It is a severe hazard to the performers (and technicians) on stage. ESPECIALLY during "Under The Sea" of which is done in complete darkness.

I just wanted to throw that out there, as we had an incident the other day where we were on stage and someone in the audience decided to take a flash picture, so then all we could see on the already dark stage was spots, and of course, we all ended up running into each other and such. No one in the audience noticed, and nothing serious came of it, but it could've turned into a canceled-show situation very quickly.

It just happens way too often, and many people don't realise that these warnings are there for reasons, many times for the safety of yourself and/or others. What may not seem like a "big deal" to you could be a very big deal for someone else. This goes for the rides too.

Anyway, just something to keep in mind.

oh...and p.s.

Please move ALL THE WAY ACROSS to the end of the rows :mickey:

Have a great day!

Donald
09-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Doesn't it amaze you that such simple instructions can be so confusing to some people? :funny:

I hope you continue to enjoy your new position.:whistle:"...under the sea..

DisneyDudet
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

(see sig)

I hate people who don't follow the rules. The other day, I just learned how to turn the little red beam on my camera for when it takes pictures so it doesn't eluminate. I know the flash turned off, but I always had that red light! Now I can take pictures where 'flash' photography is no permitted.

We ALWAYS listen to the announcements... especially since, at times, they say you don't have to go all the way to the end of the row!

#1donaldfan
09-27-2007, 04:49 AM
"move all the way to the end".......that has to be the simplest, but always overlooked rule EVER......we try to do the right thing, but sometimes get "caught up" in doing wrong.....we will follow someone in an isle and they just stop in the middle.....most times we go around them, but with little ones it's sorta hard sometimes.....just one of those things we have to deal with I suppose.....

goofysbabe
09-27-2007, 08:41 AM
How nice it is to hear from someone who actually works there - I like to get your side of the story. Maybe people would be more understanding to CM's from here on out. Keep up the good work :high5:

Side Note: I work in the special education office for my local school district. I'm going on my 2nd year here and I'm beginning to think that the whole world is special ed. :haha: Even the people in the office can't follow simple instructions!

Rosanne
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
There are several steps to fixing the "stopping in the middle" situation:

1. Dirty looks. Even if this doesn't work, it's oddly satisfying.

2. Talking about them to each other.

3. Crashing over them and "accidently" stepping on their feet.

Of course, I would NEVER do this myself. :secret: I would simply alert a CM. :blush:

cal5755
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
There are several steps to fixing the "stopping in the middle" situation:

1. Dirty looks. Even if this doesn't work, it's oddly satisfying.

2. Talking about them to each other.

3. Crashing over them and "accidently" stepping on their feet.

Of course, I would NEVER do this myself. :secret: I would simply alert a CM. :blush:

LOL... my dh never does this either... nor does my mom yell... everyone MOVE OVER 2 seats so me and my 4 year old grand daughter can sit down!! Of course that means I never get embarrassed by either of them lol.

I am now very sad that we missed little mermaid in MGM... oh well that is why there is always next year!!

I agree it is great to hear from a CM's perspective on things!

BrerSchultzy
09-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I think Intercot can do its part to help the "Move to the end of the row" thing.

Let's start telling people that one of the "hidden secrets" about Disney World and Disneyland is that the shows are choreographed/filmed specifically so that the audience at the far right gets the best view of the show/film.

Whatcha think?

angedeaile
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I think Intercot can do its part to help the "Move to the end of the row" thing.

Let's start telling people that one of the "hidden secrets" about Disney World and Disneyland is that the shows are choreographed/filmed specifically so that the audience at the far right gets the best view of the show/film.

Whatcha think?

Best idea ever! :thumbsup: I am all for it.

mickey&missy
09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
It drives me crazy that people don't move all the way down!! There are 5000 people in the park, you go into Philharmagic, enter a row first and sit directly in the middle. Ok, so now there's room for like 25 more people to sit at the far end of your row but, they can't get there because of where you sat! Get over yourself and move! :soapbox:

Sometimes I think the reason people take pictures is because they think the annoucement is just Disney trying to protect its copyrights and such. they don't take into consideration the safety of performers or the fact that they might be taking away from another guests experience. UGH!

MickeyandTink
10-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey all,

Its been awhile since i've been able to get online, but just in case anyone was looking for me running audio at Play n' Dine, you won't find me there anymore, as I moved at the begining of September to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I'm still a stage technician though.

I tell you, I hear "Under The Sea" 22 times a day, and suprisingly, I'm still not tired of it :blush:

We just got back from the world two weeks ago and had a great time at VOTLM, all three times we saw it. Ariel is DD6's number one favorite princess.

Just want to let you know we "poor, unfortunate souls" who don't get to go to WDW often enough really do appreciate the great job you CM's do.