PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Night Crew - Day 3 Part 2

Cinderelley
09-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Amy - 32
Christi - 36

The Pirate and Princess Party was great, but not as good as MNSSHP. I wouldn't miss it if offered the chance to go again, though. Many people without wristbands were sitting down to watch the fireworks and parade, and the staff was gently but firmly herding them out. I passed the time by take some pictures of the little pirates and princesses. They were so cute! Amy got her picture taken with Jeffery in front of the castle by one of the Photopass photographers. Then she wanted one in front of the statue of Walt and Mickey, but people were being rude and kept sitting in front of it or to the sides of her, so she decided to get another picture again later.

The parade was nice, but a little short. First the princesses and their princes in their individual floats (Jasmine and Aladdin were on horseback). Then the pirates. Tinkerbell looked really cute on her float of "treasure", and she was really in character, right down to the pout. Everyone loved seeing Capt. Jack of course.

I felt like the fireworks show really wasn't up to par. It was a nice story line though, with the pirates taking over the castle and then the blue fairy taking it back.

After the fireworks, we stashed the camcorder and tripod back in the locker. Then we headed into Adventureland. We saw the line for Capt. Jack, but decided that we would get that picture taken on Monday, when we were back at the P & P party with Sharon. A little farther down the way, Odyssey was was selling some jewelry with beads from a shipwreck they had discovered in the Western Mediterranean. They had dated it to be 300 or 400 years old. Amy bought a pink necklace with one of the Venetian beads in it, and it came with a certificate of authenticity. Then we went to PIrates of the Caribbean, again. As we passed through the "turnstile" we saw Captain Jack. He was harassing another person dressed as Capt. Hook. When Capt. Hook turned the corner, we were all alone with him, except for his handler. We couldn't believe our luck. We got our picture taken with him (it's on Amy's camera, so I'm waiting for her to give me a copy of it.). He harassed Amy about having his picture on her shirt until she pointed out that I had pirate's shirt on too. Then he said he must be very popular to be on so many shirts. :D

Then we were off to ride the ride again. My son had tried to get a good picture of Davy Jones the last time we were there, so I thought I would give it a try. It came out pretty well, so I was thrilled. My kids also wanted a pic of the skeleton steering the "ship" with the lightning flashing behind it. I wasn't so successful at getting that one. After watching the pirates plunder and loot, we decided to go get a little treasure of our own.

We filled our bags with chocolate and raisins, and got several strands of beads. We rode Big Thunder and Splash (yes that was the pattern for our whole stay), and then headed into Fantasyland. We saw people getting their picture taken in front of Cinderella's Coach and I got all excited like a little girl. We decided to get our picture taken there on Monday too. We got more booty at Pinocchio's Village Haus and saw the dance party. All the kids were so cute dancing with the Little Mermaid characters.

We went through Toontown for more treasure and then back into Tomorrowland. The adults were dancing with a DJ there, and they had pirate games set up. Amy and I tried a few. Then we had another spin on Buzz Lightyear. It was midnight, so we headed back to our locker and the bus. We waited a long time for a bus. I counted 3 of every other resort's buses (except the All Stars, they had 7) come by before ours did. That was how it was during our whole stay.

We collapsed into bed, and set the alarm for 9 am. Sharon was going to arrive around 10, so we wanted to be at the Customs House to meet her.

iheartmickey
09-23-2007, 08:08 AM
The party sounds like a lot of fun. You got to ride a lot and sounds like you got a lot of loot too!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Awesome party!!

Cinderelley
09-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Pirate and Princess Party Pics (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560817381jrYNGx)

I got my Pirate & Princess Party pics up, if you guys would like to see them.

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Sounds like a fun time! And your pictures are really good! I"m enjoying your reports!

faline
09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Don't you just love the after hours parties?! What great fun!

Great luck - meeting up with Capatain Jack like that!

Bethis26fan
09-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Sounds like a great day.

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm glad you had a good time at the P&P Party. I also went twice; I really enjoyed the fireworks though...especially the part where the pirates are trying to blow up the castle.

KylesMom
10-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I have to say that the pictures you took of the castle were PHENOMENAL!

Another great evening - with the exception of having to wait so long for the bus. I'm really enjoying your reports, if not a little "after the fact" :mickey:

youngOx96
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
The P&PP sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to have to get there for one soon. I would love to see those fireworks.

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: