PDA

View Full Version : To Park Hop or Not...???

natkevnol
09-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question I need help with to figure out the best deal. If I'm going to the parks for 7 days. Will only park hop on 3 days. And, will only go to 2 parks on the park hop days...here is my question...

Isn't it a better deal to buy the 10 day reg ticket instead of a 7 day park hopper...on 5 people it will save me well over 200 dollars but I wonder if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Disdude
09-23-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm 99.9% sure that you can not use 2 "ticket" days in the same day. If you want to go to two different parks in the same day, you must get the Park Hopper option.

Have a good trip.

CleveRocks
09-23-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm 100% sure that Disdude is 100% correct. You can't enter a second park in a single day without purchasing the park hopper add-on.

The Great Disney Computer knoes all.

If you go to Magic Kingdom in the morning and then try to enter Epcot that evening, you wil be denied admission to Epcot. You'll put your card in the turnstile, but the turnstile will not unlock. The CM greeter will have acess to a read-out showing him/her exactly why you were denied admission.

Sorry, no way around it.

The park hopper add-on costs a flat rate of $45 (+ tax) -- it doesn't matter how many days your ticket is for or how many days you actually hop.

DizneyRox
09-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question I need help with to figure out the best deal. If I'm going to the parks for 7 days. Will only park hop on 3 days. And, will only go to 2 parks on the park hop days...here is my question...

Isn't it a better deal to buy the 10 day reg ticket instead of a 7 day park hopper...on 5 people it will save me well over 200 dollars but I wonder if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes, you're missing something... You missed the fact that the base ticket will allow you into ONE park per day. You ABSOLUTELY CONNAT USE TWO DAYS WORTH OF TICKETS ON ONE DAY.

You will need the park hopper option if you want to park hop on even only one day.

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-23-2007, 09:11 AM
In addition to what the others have said I have the following to add.

It sounds like you have your days fairly set and structured which is great. However, this doesn't always work out no matter how well you plan. In my own expierience we have had major attrations that were shut down on the days that we were at that park. We were able to make it back later in the trip to do that ride because of the Park Hopper ticket.

We also had many in our group hit by 24 hour bug on different days. The Park Hopper allowed us the freedom to jump around from park to park and do all the rides everyone wanted to. Two days we did all four parks each day near the end of our trip to make sure everyone had the time of their lives.

We are going again this April and there is no way that I will do this without PHPs. It may cost more but for me it's worth every penny.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!!!:mickey:

vamaggie
09-23-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree with RedSoxandPatsfan. While having days planned is great (and the only way I go) but it is also great to have the option to leave one park and go to another for all the reasons mentioned. There have been days when we planned to stay at MK all day but by the afternoon were ready to leave due to the crowds. It was nice to be able to hop over to Epcot and just stoll and eat and stroll and shop. Also it gives you lots of more options with EMHs--we like to hop back to the park with evening EMHs sometimes even though we have been some place else during the day. Unless you are really committed to keeping to your plan (which I again would not want to do due to other factors out of our control) I would get the hoppers.

mttafire
09-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, you're missing something... You missed the fact that the base ticket will allow you into ONE park per day. You ABSOLUTELY CONNAT USE TWO DAYS WORTH OF TICKETS ON ONE DAY.

You will need the park hopper option if you want to park hop on even only one day.
Agreed..

SandmanGStefani24
09-23-2007, 12:19 PM
i tried not hopping last trip and it bit me in the end. the one thing i forgot was if a ride or attraction was broken, I would miss it completely because i would not be able to return the next day. I missed test track, space mountain, and kali river rapids because they were down the day i visited. it's a little more, but way worth it!

have a great trip!

martinfamily5
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
We always hop. It is so fun. We visit about 2 parks a day. Love it.

rt207
09-23-2007, 02:30 PM
If you think you're going to hop (and it sounds like you do), get the hoppers. If you think you can go without hopping, then get the base because you can always add the hopping option on while you're there, but you can't remove it if you don't need it.:D

Bringonthemouse!
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
i tried not hopping last trip and it bit me in the end. the one thing i forgot was if a ride or attraction was broken, I would miss it completely because i would not be able to return the next day. I missed test track, space mountain, and kali river rapids because they were down the day i visited. it's a little more, but way worth it!

Excellent tip, I don't think many people would think of this situation. Reading this, I'm even happier we opt to hop!!!