PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Night Crew - Day 3 Part 1

Cinderelley
09-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Amy - 32
Christi - 36

Stitch woke us up at 9:00 am. We ate, were showered and dressed and out the door by 10:00 am. My goal for today was to videotape all of Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean for my kids. So, our first stop was Splash Mountain, so that I could accomplish my goal before my muscles gave out on me (I have a chronic muscle problem.). It said it was a 10 minute wait, but I don't think it was even that long. I made it through the whole queue, which I hadn't been able to do before, and it was great. I loved all the detail. Then we were lucky enough to get the first seat in the log. We had a great trip through our Laughin' Place. I haven't had a chance to check out the video yet, but it should be great.

Then it was off to Big Thunder Mountain. I made it through this queue too. It was great to look out the window and see the train coming at you, just like in the commercial. The stand-by line said it had a 5 minute wait, but I don't think it was that long either. We had a great time on our runaway train, but I wasn't able to hold the camcorder well enough to videotape it. I'm sure it didn't come out as well as Splash. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to go through the lines though.

Next in line was Pirates of the Caribbean. This ride was a walk on. I didn't even try to videotape it, because I knew my arm muscles were shot, so it was nice, relaxing delve into a pirate's life.

After fighting off the pirates, we were hungry, so we went to Pecos Bill's. I had heard great things on Intercot about it, and it lived up to every expectation. Amy & I raved about it all through the trip and even since we got back home.

When we got through with lunch, a huge storm was coming in. I couldn't believe the look of it. I was wishing that I had my camera so that I could take a picture just to show you guys. It was slowly eating up the trees by Wilderness Lodge. We were lucky to make it to Main Street before the downpour started. Then we decided to take a resort tour on the monorail, so we dashed through the rain to the monorail station.

While we were waiting for the monorail, we were counting the seconds in between the lightning and the thunder. It was less than a count of 2, and we could feel the thunder vibrating through our bodies. It lessened up and the monorail came. I don't know if it was the normal monorail time or if they had stopped them because of the storm. I wouldn't have been surprised if someone told me they were on hold because of the lightning.

Our first stop was the Contemporary. We looked around quite a bit, and then stopped at the bar by Chef Mickey's. Amy had a mudslide and I had a pina colada. I had to apologize to the bartender because my money was still wet from Splash Mountain. He was great and said "We're at Disney World. We expect it." Then we sat down in the couches, where Amy had a good laugh because my legs weren't long enough to reach the floor. She said I looked like the chick in the big blue couch. We called Sharon, who was flying in the next day, and told her how it was going. She was packing and very anxious to be at WDW with us. Her kids were fighting, and she told her husband "Tomorrow, I won't have to deal with any of this." :laughing:

Then we went shopping in the store at the Contemporary. Amy wanted to by a couple of things, and asked one of the employees if she could check her out since no one was at the counter. The employee huffed and puffed, but didn't say yes. Amy was about to walk off to find someone else, when the lady finally walked behind the counter and said "Well, let me see them." I couldn't believe how bad her customer service was. :shake:

The storm had let up, and Amy was anxious to get back to Mk, so we headed out again. We had plans for the luau at the Poly and 1900 Park Fare at the GF later in the week, so we skipped them. We stopped at our locker and switched out my camcorder for my camera, and then did Splash, Big Thunder, Pirates and Buzz Lightyear. We got our wristbands for the Pirate and Princess Party, and then split up. Amy went to go ride more rides. I went to get a bite to eat, my camcorder and tripod, and set up for the parade and fireworks. I previously had taken my pictures from the right side of Main Street where it starts to bend into a circle, but the popcorn stand there never has anything to drink. I decided to try the left hand side of the street by the icre cream stand, but it turned out to be a bad decision. I wasn't really thrilled with the way my parade pictures turned out because of the lighting. My fault for not checking it out first. I waited for two hours, but I didn't need to. When all was said and done, the middle circle wasn't even full when the parade started. I was completely astonished at how empty the park was.

Amy came back about 30 minutes before the parade, so I had time to run to the bathroom. She had done all of Tomorrowland and Toontown in two hours. :thumbsup: I'll post more about the Pirate and Princess Party in another post since this one is so long.

iheartmickey
09-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Sounds like you gals are having a very nice time. I love that you're taping the rides for your kids. That's so sweet ... and I want to see them. LOL!

Off to read the next report ... thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 09:24 PM
What a nice day!!

Cinderelley
09-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Sounds like you gals are having a very nice time. I love that you're taping the rides for your kids. That's so sweet ... and I want to see them. LOL!

Off to read the next report ... thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

I'll let you know how they turned out.

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Awesome that you are having such luck with low crowd levels! On to your next post!

faline
09-24-2007, 12:32 PM
That must have been some storm! At least, you got an opportunity to tour a resort and put your feet up a bit!

Bethis26fan
09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Sounds like a nice day.

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Sounds like a nice day overall. I'm off to read the rest of it.

KylesMom
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
So much done - and you still have the party to go! Excellent that you were able to make it through the queues - and that you were able to film so much. I've also tried to capture BTM to no avail :D !

Isn't it amazing how quickly the big storms can move in? Glad you were able to tour the CR - not cool about the crabby CM. On to read about the party! :cloud9:

youngOx96
11-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I can't wait to hear about the Pirate & Princess Party. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: